Gamestop breaks Modern Warfare 2 street date

ps360gamer

CAGiversary!
I was at Gamestop today and you could buy copies of Modern Warfare 2. People were picking up copies as well as those who pre-ordered. I suggest checking with your local store if you pre-ordered as it might be in already. I passed as I will wait for this game. Gamestop employees were also issuing warnings to customers picking up their copies alerting them not to play online until Tuesday. As playing early will ban you from playing online come Tuesday.

Im pretty sure this is extreme YMMV as for getting banned for playing that is just a lie, if its a real copy of the game and your system isnt modded you are fine

[quote name='ps360gamer']I know but though this needed to get out.[/QUOTE]

I know what you are saying but you aren't sure EVERY GS is doing this. You are also making work for a mod to move your post. It really isn't up to you to decide where the news should be. If everyone were like you, this forum would be a cluttered mess.

[quote name='shoe478']I know what you are saying but you aren't sure EVERY GS is doing this. You are also making work for a mod to move your post. It really isn't up to you to decide where the news should be. If everyone were like you, this forum would be a cluttered mess.[/QUOTE]
To be fair it is useful, and I doubt it's overly out of the way to push a few buttons :roll:

Ain't a deal = don't belong in this section of the forums. Try the Deals Discussion section or something. I have a feeling more and more of these are going to pop up in the next couple of days . -__-

I spoke to the guy in my local GS and he says that all locations were given an Activision approved early release. He said it was only regular and hardened editions though. All prestige pre-orders will have to wait until Tuesday.

-Spice

Been there done that, got the T-shirt. Check the deals discussion forum and you'll see it was posted last night.

Select stores in the northeast and Ohio(yay me:D) got permission to release it early due to mom and pop stores selling it early. Luckily for me there's a store in Akron doing it, now I just need to figure out what one.

This was also on Kotaku last night.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to call my local store in Queens. I wouldn't have seen this if it was in another forum.

Any in the Philly area selling it early? I called 2 places in the suburbs and neither are selling early.

[quote name='kcwhite']Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to call my local store in Queens. I wouldn't have seen this if it was in another forum.[/QUOTE]

Called the new one in Astoria, they said it was only yesterday, for pre-orders.

I guess it would help to mention which locations were releasing it in my area. I've confirmed Court street Brooklyn and Flatbush Ave. locations releasing this.

-Spice

I can say that Saratoga NY, Ballston Spa NY, Clifton Park NY and Albany NY Gamestops are not selling early. If anyone knows of any Gamestop in this area doing it let me know.
(Upstate NY)

Listening to my local Gamestop clerk, if you didn't preorder the game, too bad you're not going to be able to get it from them and you'll never be able to find it. Of course, he left out the part about being able to go across the street and grabbing one of the 3,000 copies from the stores that aren't video game-only. :)

The store by me (central NJ) is selling early and he said that they were contacted by IW as one of the two Gamestop's in NJ to sell early.

I picked it up on the west coast at Dimple Records in Folsom on Friday. Another friend got it at another Dimple location here in Sacramento

[quote name='empyrium']I picked it up on the west coast at Dimple Records in Folsom on Friday. Another friend got it at another Dimple location here in Sacramento[/QUOTE]

Hm...I may need to check the Dimple in Elk Grove tonight...

Frankly I don't care how early they break street date. As long as they have my fully paid off reserved game in stock when I go to pickup my preorder. If you can get it sooner go for it.

Street dates are the most idiotic thing to currently exist in retail. Just let the stores sell it when they get it. If you want them to withhold that bad, don't even let them have it before the day you want it sold.

The Transformers movie toys were street dated. Mother fucking TOYS!

bread's done
Back