Gamestop Buy 2 get 1 Used Sale Starting 9-16-05

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
All B&M Stores (at least in the NE region) are starting the regular B2G1 used sale tomorrow, 9-16, to an unspecified date (most likely just the weekend).

Normal rules apply, stackable with Gamestop card.

Hope this is everywhere because it is time for me to start a new stack of games to play. Thanks for the info, OP. I'll be sure to check this out.

[quote name='jt2k3']All B&M Stores (at least in the NE region) are starting the regular B2G1 used sale tomorrow, 9-16, to an unspecified date (most likely just the weekend).

Normal rules apply, stackable with Gamestop card.[/QUOTE]
Hmm... B2G1F at Gamestop and EB the same weekend, eh? Should be interesting. Though if its online at EB, they win since I don't have a GS card.

Awesome, I hope my store does it (probably will since they ran it when people posted about the deal here previous times). Thx OP

[quote name='jt2k3']Since Gamestop owns EB now its really no big surprise[/QUOTE]

Eh, not officially yet (pending stockholder vote next month), so it actually is somewhat surprising... they're competing with themselves until they clean up a lot of the overlapping areas.

This will give me a good excuse to visit my local GameStop, never been in the year-plus I've lived over here, hopefully its no smaller than the one in Cleveland Heights. With any luck, it'll be a pleasant experience and I'll have less sadness about losing my EB in a few months.

October 7th it will be finalized. NExt year, they will all be Gamestops, across the country. Mark my words.

[quote name='jt2k3']October 7th it will be finalized. NExt year, they will all be Gamestops, across the country. Mark my words.[/QUOTE]

Well, my EB will be gone ;) It's a block away from the Gamestop. That'd be a bit excessive, though amusing.

I dont know if anyone else has this at their mall, but at the local mall here, there are 2 EB's. One on the 3rd floor and one of the fourth floor. Theres another mall around here too that had 2 ebs in it as well for the longest time. Within about a 5 mile radius, theres 3 EB's and 2 Gamestops where i live.

[quote name='gugaplex']I dont know if anyone else has this at their mall, but at the local mall here, there are 2 EB's. One on the 3rd floor and one of the fourth floor. Theres another mall around here too that had 2 ebs in it as well for the longest time. Within about a 5 mile radius, theres 3 EB's and 2 Gamestops where i live.[/QUOTE]

There used to be three of them in Roosevelt Field Mall in NY, at least until the original EB there went out back in July or so. Shame, too, since the EBX in the middle of the mall is very good but their stock can be hit-or-miss and the EBGames further down the way (originally was an EB Kids) sometimes gets in amazing rare stock (and accidentally accepts used imports, at times...) but they are pretty bad at updating their prices to reflect recent changes.

Crossing my fingers that I can find Rainbow Six: Lockdown and the new Hulk game between the 3 stores around me.

[quote name='Maklershed']Very nice. Credit card .. be prepared to get melted this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.

I was geared up to spend $1500 tomorrow (today), but Movie Gallery decided to run their beloved Buy 2, Get 2 free sale for only the movies.

Hopefully, EB and GS will take my $1500 without any fuss.

[quote name='iheartmetal']oh man, my gamestop had rhapsody and persona 2, guess im going back tomorrow[/QUOTE]

My mine does too, but I don't have enough money to buy both. :cry: Is either game really good? I do know they are a little hard to find.

If I buy 15 cheap PO games and immediately trade them in toward preorders of NBA Live 06 and Suffering: Ties That Bind, is it hoarding?

I'm not asking if it sounds stupid. I KNOW it sounds stupid.

[quote name='wicked189']can someone tell me if this also includes dvds. thanks[/QUOTE]

Based on the previous sales like these, yes. They should also work on used system accessories too.

Just remembered that my local store has Band of Brothers, the Friday the 13th box set, and a couple of Buffy the Vampire Slayer box sets sitting on the shelves. My wallet is gonna be a lot smaller tomorrow.

I think I know the answer to this, but I'm going to ask anyway. I bought 3 games last week, each 40/30/30. I *can* take them back into the store, get a refund, and then buy them back instantly, yes? Or do I have to wait for them to restock them?....I mean, will they allow me to refund, then turn around and buy them right there, or are the employees normally dicks about that sort of thing?

Would be a nice way to make back some money, which in turn I'd use towards other games anyway...

Yes, they are all "used" games.

[quote name='Kapwanil']There used to be three of them in Roosevelt Field Mall in NY, at least until the original EB there went out back in July or so. Shame, too, since the EBX in the middle of the mall is very good but their stock can be hit-or-miss and the EBGames further down the way (originally was an EB Kids) sometimes gets in amazing rare stock (and accidentally accepts used imports, at times...) but they are pretty bad at updating their prices to reflect recent changes.[/QUOTE]

up in north dallas there are 2 EBgames and 2 Gamestops in the same plaza ( one of each in the mall, and the other ones are in the plaza's strip mall..... tell me how that works???

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I'm with you.

I was geared up to spend $1500 tomorrow (today), but Movie Gallery decided to run their beloved Buy 2, Get 2 free sale for only the movies.

Hopefully, EB and GS will take my $1500 without any fuss.[/QUOTE]

$1500 bucks on video games?

Hey, sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer. Anyway, I want to know if I could buy two PSX games and get one free PS2, GBA or GC game; or do all three games have to be for the same system? Also, could I get two crappy, cheap games and get a third game that is around $20-40 used for free or do they have to be around the same price as well?

[quote name='bostonfrontier']up in north dallas there are 2 EBgames and 2 Gamestops in the same plaza ( one of each in the mall, and the other ones are in the plaza's strip mall..... tell me how that works???[/QUOTE]

Where in north dallas?

I know theres a new gamestop in frisco where you can actually look over the road and see the other gamestop across the street by stonebriar.

And then theres an EB Games between Spring Creek & Parker off Central Expressway then a Gamestop outside CC Mall and then one inside CC mall and then an EB Inside CC mall and then a Gamestop by parker and ave k.. thats like all in a 3 mile radius..
So sad..

Gamestop saturates the DFW area because its so close to HQ

Hey, sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer. Anyway, I want to know if I could buy two PSX games and get one free PS2, GBA or GC game; or do all three games have to be for the same system? Also, could I get two crappy, cheap games and get a third game that is around $20-40 used for free or do they have to be around the same price as well?

Buy 3 of any platform game and get the cheapest free.. is how it works.

In the mall of america there was 1 gamestop, a software etc, and 1 eb.

Then there were 2 GS and 1 eb. Then they closed all 3 and put in a new GS. :roll:

[quote name='Strell']/still needs help on his question :([/QUOTE]

Umm... if your question was about returning previosu purchases... I guess you could tell them that they don't work, and exchange them. Or return adn rebuy, whatever, so you get the sale.

I'm going to guess that both Gamestop and EBgames b2 g1 free deals or are B&M only based on the daily deals listed on both web pages.

Called over to mine, they're having it. Just waiting for EB to get off the damn phone so I can ask there. And exchange my copy of Lost Kingdoms that looks like a large hairy animal rubbed it the wrong way.

[quote name='botticus']Called over to mine, they're having it. Just waiting for EB to get off the damn phone so I can ask there. And exchange my copy of Lost Kingdoms that looks like a large hairy animal rubbed it the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I got two used games in the mail today from EB Games and the one jewel case feels like it was washed in dirt and grime. Actually, most games at EB and Gamestop feel that way. :puke:

Saw this advertised in-store. The GS I checked out had Ogre Battle ($39.99) and Persona 1 ($29.99) for PSX. Both with case, dunno about the manual though. I didn't pick it up because I still have a back log of PSX games to play and I couldn't find a third PSX game worth getting, other than Um Jammer Lammy, but that didn't come with a case.

Checked Gamestop and EB on the east side of Columbus and they were NOT having the sale...

On a side not at Gamestop they had 2 mint looking copies of Rhapsody for the PS1...

I went out after work to check out an EBGames near the mall (Pensacola, FL) and they didn't have the sale. I went into the mall and found that the Gamestop was having a B2G1 sale, and picked up Disgaea and Atelier Iris and got Lumines for free.

There any way to view all preowned games for a system in one list on Gamestop.com? Going through this genre by genre is a pain in the ass.

Went to EB today - their B2G1 sale was for used pc and music cds.
Went to GS and their B2G1 was for games and dvds.....
So i got Angel S2 and S3 + 24 S3 for free
Disgaea and Xfiles S1 + Xfiles S2 for free.

I didn't have a gamestop card yet, so basically got one for free with the above.

Then i bought a bunch of games from their 50% off new pc games stacks.
Got Obscure for 9.99, Silent Hill 4 for 9.99, Curse : Eye of Isis for 2.50 and Nosferatu something something for a buck.

bread's done
Back