Gamestop buy 2 get one free

darkness12

CAG Veteran
I went in to exchange two video games but the person I spoke with told me I couldn't exchange the game I got for free, does this depend on the employee I talk to or will I have no luck at any gamestop exchanging the free game for equal or lesser value?

[quote name='Porksta']Was the game unopened?[/quote]
It's a used game, so technically there's no way it can be unopened.

yes you can exchange the game you got for free. the GS employee you were talking to probably didn't know how to do it on the register, so just said you can't do it.

How long ago was it first off, because if it is within 7 days you should just say you want to return all of it because GS has a 7 day used game return policy and you can return it for any reason you want. Also has the B2G1 sale ended already, because they will not do it if the sale has ended either. But if it doesnt meet either one of these criterias, they cant stop you from exchanging the free game. I do B2G1 all the time, in fact I have 4 GS around me, and I buy and return at every store I go to when I find a better game to do B2G1 free, so dont let them give you this crap that you cant exchange it the free one. If I were you, I would fuck with that store and screw them over hard. Keep buying their used games, and then returning them to different stores, and they wont have shit for used games anymore in that store, lol. Theyll be begging other stores to transfer some over.

[quote name='s2k']in before gamestop guts games, crap trade values, preordering, ect[/QUOTE]

I blah blah blah went to gamestop blah blah wanted to buy new game blah blah game was opened blah blah wouldn't give me a discount blah blah mouthed off to csr blah blah would only give me a penny for madden 05 ps2 blah blah

[quote name='ninja dog']I blah blah blah went to gamestop blah blah wanted to buy new game blah blah game was opened blah blah wouldn't give me a discount blah blah mouthed off to csr blah blah would only give me a penny for madden 05 ps2 blah blah[/quote]

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Tsukento']It's a used game, so technically there's no way it can be unopened.[/quote]

Ah, I was totally confused by what he was saying. Now it makes sense.

Note to OP - please use proper grammar.

[quote name='daminion']yes you can exchange the game you got for free. the GS employee you were talking to probably didn't know how to do it on the register, so just said you can't do it.[/quote]

Exactly. This happens at GS way too much. Employees don't know something, so they simply just lie. I have exchanged the free game in the past.

well... the op is leaving things out. the biggest question of all is:

Has it been 7 days since you made the purchase? if not, then the cashier is wrong. The free game exchange will need to be manually override to zero. I believe.

Otherwise, no, you cannot do an exchange. Read your receipt, it states everything you need to know at the bottom.

[quote name='dinobot']well... the op is leaving things out. the biggest question of all is:

Has it been 7 days since you made the purchase? if not, then the cashier is wrong. The free game exchange will need to be manually override to zero. I believe.

Otherwise, no, you cannot do an exchange. Read your receipt, it states everything you need to know at the bottom.[/quote]

Actually it does it automatically in the system when you return and repurchase, in fact if the prices are different too it will just make the lowest one free again automatically. Dont need override

bread's done
Back