Gamestop Buy 2 PSP Preowned Games Get 2 PSP Games Free InStore

jam8611

CAGiversary!
just walked into local gamestop and saw buy 2 get 2 free preowned psp games sign. I asked the cashier to print out a list of all the psp games they had in stock and was able to highlight the ones i wanted. he was able to grab the games. most of the games were not complete and was just in sleeves. I did get a complete daxter though.

I will be checking my other local gamestops to see what else is available.

Found a store about 25 minutes away that had ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs Dark Death Evilman so I ran and grabbed it. Their selection was meh but since I only had to get one more to get two free I grabbed Archer Maclean's Mercury & Mercury Meltdown as well as Dungeon Maker Hunting Ground and Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe

I've done a ton of searches on GS.com... nothing worthwhile at any stores near me. Then again, the PSP game selections have always been crap at my GSes.

[attachment=14765:20150605_211939.jpg][attachment=14766:20150605_212028.jpg]

...Yeah I kinda went off the deep end with this sale. Just your PSP-obsessed CAG at work I guess...

I wish the GameStop near me had anything worthwhile for the PSP other than a complete copy of Tactics Ogre: LUCT and a disk-only copy of Valkyria Chronicles 2.

I might check out the Gamestops in the area to see what they have. I have pretty much everything I want for PSP and never play them, but I may be surprised. I also have a ton of the replacement casings still from when I bought a bunch in case they are caved in/jacked up.

all these posts, and yet no one has turned up a jewel summoner.... it's the only psp game i own that does not have a manual for.

good to know. Sadly i only buy PSP games complete or at the very least with their game case. The UMDs are just too flimsy and I have no good place to put loose PSP games. I used to work at a Game Crazy and good LORD we had tons of PSP games used where the casing was barely holding itself together anymore. That and I already own 106 complete PSP games.

Ended up running by the 3 Gamestops around me today. Got the following:

Gamestop #1:

Warhammer 40,000 Squad Command - Disc Only

Ys I & II Chronicles - CIB

Star Ocean - Second Evolution - Disc Only

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - Disc Only

Warriors of the Lost Empire - Disc Only

Jeanne D'Arc - Disc Only

Prince of Persia Revelations - Disc Only

Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony - Disc Only (Had to replace the cracked casing around disc)

Total Paid using Credit - $38.66

Gamestop #2:

Ys Seven - Disc Only

Phantasy Star Portable - CIB

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together - Disc Only

Dissidia Final Fantasy - Disc Only

Crimson Gem Saga - Disc Only (Had to replace the cracked casing around disc) 

Every Extra Extend - Disc Only

Bounty Hounds - Disc Only

Dungeon Explorer Warriors of Ancient Arts - Disc Only (Had to replace the cracked casing around disc)

CID The Dummy - Disc Only

Infected - Disc Only

Coded Arms - Disc Only (Had to replace the cracked casing around disc)

MediEvil Resurrection - Disc Only

Total Paid using Credit - $46.74

Gamestop #3

Blazing Souls Accelate - Disc Only

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Disc Only

Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars - CIB

Godfather Mob Wars - Disc Only

I'm in the process of testing all of the games now. I had cover-art and manual for MediEvil laying around and ended up getting a case, manual and cover-art for Phantasy Star Portable at Gamestop #3. I bought it disc-only at Gamestop #2.

Now to deal with finding cover-art for any of these as far as buying it or re-printing it myself.

good to know. Sadly i only buy PSP games complete or at the very least with their game case. The UMDs are just too flimsy and I have no good place to put loose PSP games. I used to work at a Game Crazy and good LORD we had tons of PSP games used where the casing was barely holding itself together anymore. That and I already own 106 complete PSP games.
I ended up buying a bunch of these really cheap on clearance at Best Buy a while back to hold my disc-only PSP games.

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-UMD-Case-Sony/dp/B002EQFXZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433729035&sr=8-1&keywords=umd+case&pebp=1433729046048&perid=0DK1F5EPQ63YWBTM36T1

They seem to work pretty well and don't take up a ton of space on my shelf.

I'm considering buying a few more at the $3.99 price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up running by the 3 Gamestops around me today. Got the following:

I'm in the process of testing all of the games now. I had cover-art and manual for MediEvil laying around and ended up getting a case, manual and cover-art for Phantasy Star Portable at Gamestop #3. I bought it disc-only at Gamestop #2.

Now to deal with finding cover-art for any of these as far as buying it or re-printing it myself.
Good lord, how did your GameStop have such a great selection? All the ones near me either have generic dreg or no PSP titles at all

Also found a new two pack of platoon and other game for 1.97
Dude, I loved Other Game back in past time

Is everyone asking whether their GS still has PSP games? I'm pretty sure the PSP section vanished from mine at some point.

Good lord, how did your GameStop have such a great selection? All the ones near me either have generic dreg or no PSP titles at all
I guess I got lucky.

I ended up going to the 1st Gamestop to get some higher priced titles I passed up at first.

Final haul was:

Persona 2 Innocent Sin (CIB)

DISSISIA 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy (Disc Only)

Burnout Legends (Disc Only)

Flatout Head On (Disc Only)

$27.88 spent in trade-credit

Dude, I loved Other Game back in past time

Is everyone asking whether their GS still has PSP games? I'm pretty sure the PSP section vanished from mine at some point.

The one I went to today even had some complete ps2 games. They were all music games but were complete so I bought some for replacement cases.

I agree the other game was awesome

The only bad thing about this sale is gs hasn't dropped the prices. I would have cleaned this store out if the prices were better

Picked up a few games on Sunday.

All disc only unless noted.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Warriors Orochi 2 (CIB)

Growlancer

Persona 3

Also grabbed Astonishia Story in a separate transaction which is going to need a new disc holder.

I picked up a bunch of UMD movies at the dollar store a few years ago so I have plenty of replacement cases.

The 2 nearest me didn't have PSP games any longer. I was saddened by this news as they both used to have a good selection. Must've transferred them to branches that sell them more often. Lame.

my gamestop has tons of PSP games, but i never cared for the system since most of it i want is ports or already on another system.

Hey guys i am in need of help.

I bought 2 psp games (socom 1 and 2) today from gamestop in milwaukee but i forgot to check out the deal even though it was there, and i could really buy some more games through that deal.

Should i go back to the shop and return my games and have my money refund then buy over the same games with 2 free ones (i have the reciept and full refund is accepted till 7 days)???????????????????

Any advice will be helpful regarding this matter

thanks in advance

I bought 2 psp games (socom 1 and 2) today from gamestop in milwaukee but i forgot to check out the deal even though it was there, and i could really buy some more games through that deal.

Should i go back to the shop and return my games and have my money refund then buy over the same games with 2 free ones (i have the reciept and full refund is accepted till 7 days)???????????????????

thanks in advance
If it's not too far of a drive and the clerk is not a dick, I say go for it. You could explain to the clerk what you want to do and they would probably be fine with it.

Anyone have success doing this in store recently?  Tried at a store near me and they said no.  

Online it's doing it still and says it's good until 12/31/15.

If you have a store near you with good customer service and can find a store with a game you want not in your district, they can have the game transferred. Got phantasy star portable 2 and jewel summoner that way. Sadly, I live overseas and can't take advantage of the sale.

If you have a store near you with good customer service and can find a store with a game you want not in your district, they can have the game transferred. Got phantasy star portable 2 and jewel summoner that way. Sadly, I live overseas and can't take advantage of the sale.
Did you get that Phantasy Star Portable 2 from a store in Arizona? I was soooo close...yet so far away.

thanks in advance
Ya, you shouldn't have a problem. When there are "buy 2 get 2" deals like this, I usually can't find 4 games I want at one store, and I sometimes buy a couple games at one store, take them to another store, and return them and then rebuy with 2 other games there that I want to get the deal. I've never run into a problem doing that.

How is that? Am really enjoying the first one.
The second one is even better. It goes for an arm and a leg, though. What I recommend you do is buy the Japanese version from Amazon for $6 shipped. The interface is virtually the same as the first PSP and Phantasy Star Universe, so if you've played either of those, it'll be intuitive to you.

Let me know if you want to play ad-hoc multiplayer for either PSP. I'm currently playing the second one and always meant to finish the first.

PSP 2 is in my backlog along with PSP1.  With the argument that I wanted to play PSP2 with my wife, I was able to get the associate to get 2 copies sent.  I think I had just renewed or there was a buy 2 get 1 sale on used stuff, so I really made out like a bandit.  When I want to find a game, what I typically do is just start typing the names of random cities to see if the game I want happens to be at a store within the given search radius.  If it pops up, I call the store to see if they indeed have the game in whatever condition I am looking for at the time.  When I got Jewel Summoner, it was just the ghetto version.  However, for $6.99, it was definitely worth it comparison to spending $40-$50+ for one that was complete.  Happy hunting!

Sadly, near the end of the PSP lifespan, Sega was going to release a dual pack like the SOCOM one that had both PSP 1 & 2.  That would have been nice to see!  Stupid Sega....

You forgot the best part: the Defender Pack (that's what it was called) was going to retail for only $9.99. Instead, they canceled it, removed both games from PSN and Phantasy Star Universe from Xbox Live, and continue dragging their feet on releasing Phantasy Star Online 2 despite confirming a Western release. We'll probably never see Phantasy Star Nova either. Did I say best? I meant worst.

Oh, that is just so much crap. THANKS, Sega. Way to screw up for the upteen-millionth time.

I have other ways to play the game, but I'd like to finish Phantasy Star Portable 1 first. Tell me, does that Japanese version of the second game have an English option, or is it straight Nihon-go all the way?

Also, are games like Jewel Summoner and Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman actually worth playing, or do people want them for the collector's value alone?

No, no English in the Japanese version. It would be easy to acclimate to since the interface is virtually the same as the first game and the menus are mostly icons. You probably should play the English version if you have the choice, but be aware that it has cut content from the Japanese version, like many parts of the story aren't voiced since they tried to keep localization costs down.

You forgot the best part: the Defender Pack (that's what it was called) was going to retail for only $9.99. Instead, they canceled it, removed both games from PSN and Phantasy Star Universe from Xbox Live, and continue dragging their feet on releasing Phantasy Star Online 2 despite confirming a Western release. We'll probably never see Phantasy Star Nova either. Did I say best? I meant worst.
But...but...if they ever released that Defender Pack, imagine how low the prices would be on old copies on PS Portable 1 and 2!

No, no English in the Japanese version. It would be easy to acclimate to since the interface is virtually the same as the first game and the menus are mostly icons. You probably should play the English version if you have the choice, but be aware that it has cut content from the Japanese version, like many parts of the story aren't voiced since they tried to keep localization costs down.
The JP version has English subs?

Whoknows, where are you? They must have been reallocating resources to a Sonic cartoon (Sonic Boom). Can't believe that's getting a sequel SB: Fire and Ice will be all Awesome The Hedgehog.

This deal is still live, the store I got my first batch of PSP games got more in. Apparently corporate sees that they are selling PSP game so gets other gamestops to send their stock to the one that is selling them. I got a few more titles that I was missing. The employees told me to keep checking since they might get more.

bread's done
Back