GameStop -- Buy BioShock get The Darkness (360) free

realest1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This is my first post, and this may be posted but did not see it after a brief search.

Yesterday at GS seen a cardboard stand-up for "Purchase BioShock and receive The Darkness for FREE". Sounds like an alright deal.

-- :cool: --

I believe that frys.com and amazon.com had the same deal like in November or something. Way to get on the ball GS...geez...what's next, buy NBA2k8 and get NHL2k8 for free? Wow...

Thanks though OP.

No I am not lying, it was because of Black Friday. Where prices of both games dropped. I asked for a price match for Bioshock and they gave me both, a one for $10 and another for $37 (The Darkness). A lot of people got it.

just got of da phone with a gamestop by my house. They said that both games were scaned and both came out at the original price. I just saved yourself a trip.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Got both for $2.99, Thanks Amazon :D[/quote]

As did I.

Hmm... I want BioShock and could trade-in Darkness and two filler GBA titles for around 20 dollars. Then, after using the 10 percent off coupon, I could pick up Blue Dragon or something for a much lower price.

Hmm... *ponders*

[quote name='shylo0124']just got of da phone with a gamestop by my house. They said that both games were scaned and both came out at the original price. I just saved yourself a trip.[/quote]

I called one of the many local GS stores, and they said that deal was 2K-related (would explain why so many places had it) and expired back in November. Also, I looked on the GS website, and there is no BioShock/Darkness bundle, like there use to be when this deal was widespread. I guess, you could just go into store and ask them to scan them to see if this deal comes up, but I have a feeling it is dead.

[quote name='robhimself']I work at my local gamestop and sadly this only applies to the new SKUs and not the used, lame[/quote]

yea only the new, but it is going on now; if they scanned it and told you they came up the original prices then they don't know how the system works, you have to bring the transaction to cashout before any promos run.. this one's going till Feb 3rd I think.

[quote name='robhimself']I work at my local gamestop and sadly this only applies to the new SKUs and not the used, lame[/quote]

Thank you for the confirmation.

So use this instead of your EDGE card...

emailsn4.jpg

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Does the Darkness suck? Because this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen the game being given away free.[/quote]

No, its a pretty good FPS. Don't like the multiplayer but its a good single player.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Does the Darkness suck? Because this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen the game being given away free.[/QUOTE]

It's got a campaign loaded with a decent story and some really good voice acting. Most of the characters are well developed and easy to empathize with. I felt that the gunplay was kinda meh, but the darkness powers are fun to play around with. It's a pretty good game, although the multiplayer sucks (from what I've read and heard).

Best part of the game: all the crazy phone conversations you listen to when unlocking collectibles. I LOLed at many of them.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Does the Darkness suck? Because this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen the game being given away free.[/QUOTE]

No, but Bioshock does.

bread's done
Back