Gamestop BUy GOW Ascenscion get GOW Saga (New) FREE

[quote name='Survivalism']You know, when you go into Gamestop, you ARE allowed to ask for a sealed copy. I know this is news to a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Haha^^

And if they only have a gutted copy you can ask to check it out to see if it meet your standards. If not, say no thanks.

[quote name='Survivalism']You know, when you go into Gamestop, you ARE allowed to ask for a sealed copy. I know this is news to a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Sure, you can. And when they don't have one?

[quote name='darksurtur']Sure, you can. And when they don't have one?[/QUOTE]

1. You buy gutted copy (see my previous post) OR
2. Don't buy copy, walk away and enjoy your day.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I've never had a problem ordering online from Gamestop. Only ever received sealed, minty fresh games.[/QUOTE]

The last time I ordered something from them was my PS3 pre-order of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, I received my copy opened (no shrinkwrap), anyway it smelled like "new" :whistle2:?

[quote name='h4mx0r']Is "New" from the gamestop website opened?

Cause like, I thought they only open games in retail stores so they can put the cases on display. Wouldn't the gamestop.com website just ship them out from warehouses where they don't need to gut the game?[/QUOTE]

It's unlikely but no it is NOT guaranteed.

About 1 1/2 years ago when Gamestop had FFXIII on sale for $10, I ordered two copies online. Both copies came in gutted. Both!

Ordered my copy last night but questioning whether or not to return it when it comes in or not. I have played 1&2, but never got around to finishing 3, or even starting the PSP titles.

But I just re-subscribed to Gamefly since there so much I want to play and not enough money to buy them all :[

[quote name='h4mx0r']Is "New" from the gamestop website opened?

Cause like, I thought they only open games in retail stores so they can put the cases on display. Wouldn't the gamestop.com website just ship them out from warehouses where they don't need to gut the game?[/QUOTE]

It makes sense that all the online copies would be sealed, but it's not true in reality. They get some recycled stock from b&m stores, so you can end up with a gutted copy. Mainly happened to me with some older titles I ordered. The newer releases are generally better stocked, so there a much higher chance of getting a sealed copy.

It's general procedure for us to sell the sealed ones first anyways. Saves us the hassle of having to gut another display model.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. You buy gutted copy (see my previous post) OR
2. Don't buy copy, walk away and enjoy your day.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Couldn't have said it better myself. I was gonna pass on this, but I know I'll want Ascension eventually. Right now I'm going through III and have already beaten the others. But to have all the games in a single box saves space and also lets me go back and play 1 and 2 (which I no longer have). In for one!

For any of you that wanted the CE, but had to settle for the regular, you can return your regular and get the CE at the store (assuming they have it in stock). I did this yesterday. Luckily there were separate packing slips for Ascension and Saga. It didn't say anything about the deal on the packing slip. Not sure if that would have created a problem or not...?

[quote name='EZgamer85']For any of you that wanted the CE, but had to settle for the regular, you can return your regular and get the CE at the store (assuming they have it in stock). I did this yesterday. Luckily there were separate packing slips for Ascension and Saga. It didn't say anything about the deal on the packing slip. Not sure if that would have created a problem or not...?[/QUOTE]

Does your download code for Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus work?

[quote name='IamPro']Just got my order, only Ascension came... WTF?!?![/QUOTE]
Did you make sure to manually add saga to you cart? This is what you had to do for the deal to work.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Did you make sure to manually add saga to you cart? This is what you had to do for the deal to work.[/QUOTE]

Yes on my order it has both games for $64.xx, only lists 1 tracking number and assumed the package would have both.. obv I was wrong

Just returned it so no harm no foul except for my time

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Does your download code for Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus work?[/QUOTE]

I've had Saga since 3/27 when it arrived in the mail. I did not bother taking it to Gamestop when I got the CE. Anyways, I forgot to put the code in, but remembered on 4/1 (a day late). Fortunately for me, it worked.

[quote name='Byakurai']It's general procedure for us to sell the sealed ones first anyways. Saves us the hassle of having to gut another display model.[/QUOTE]

I completely don't understand this practice. Gamestop already does "generic" display copies for certain things (DLC and pre-orders for instance). If they don't feel like springing for a simple RFID scanner at the door and cheap tags on sealed games, why not do generic display cases so that their customers can actually by a "new" copy of a game.

I can honestly say, the only time I will buy a new game at Gamestop is if there is literally nowhere else to get it or it is less than half the price of anywhere else. It wouldn't surprise anyone, then for me to say that I've purchased exactly two new games from Gamestop in the past year. Qubed. 3.99. Gutted. Lollipop Chainsaw. $9.99. Gutted.

In the past year I've dropped a few hundred dollars on new games, Gamestop got fifteen bucks.

Even used I'll only by from Gamestop if I have a really good coupon or the game is down in the $5 range. And considering how rarely I trade in games, that's not really a factor for me.

[quote name='JMusic']I completely don't understand this practice. Gamestop already does "generic" display copies for certain things (DLC and pre-orders for instance). If they don't feel like springing for a simple RFID scanner at the door and cheap tags on sealed games, why not do generic display cases so that their customers can actually by a "new" copy of a game.

I can honestly say, the only time I will buy a new game at Gamestop is if there is literally nowhere else to get it or it is less than half the price of anywhere else. It wouldn't surprise anyone, then for me to say that I've purchased exactly two new games from Gamestop in the past year. Qubed. 3.99. Gutted. Lollipop Chainsaw. $9.99. Gutted.

In the past year I've dropped a few hundred dollars on new games, Gamestop got fifteen bucks.

Even used I'll only by from Gamestop if I have a really good coupon or the game is down in the $5 range. And considering how rarely I trade in games, that's not really a factor for me.[/QUOTE]

Both of those practices cost a lot of money, why bother when only a small minority complains about it?

bread's done
Back