Gamestop - Buy PS3 Move controller or bundle, get $25 AMEX PASS card bonus

xplocvo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Gamestop has a new offer going on the PS Move motion controller or bundle -

"Purchase a PlayStation MOVE bundle or MOVE Motion Controller at GameStop by November 30th to receive a promotion code for a $25 dollar bonus opportunity. To receive the $25 bonus you must order the new PASS Card from American Express, the new prepaid reload Card parents give to teens, by January 31st. Visit www.americanexpress.com/passmove for more information and to order a PASS today. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Online Customers: A code and instructions on how to receive your $25 bonus will be emailed within 2 business days.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: A code and instructions will be printed on your receipt at time of purchase."

"To receive a $25 bonus on a PASS Card, you must purchase a PlayStation®Move at GameStop. The PASS Card must be ordered using the promotion code found on the back of the GameStop receipt between September 25, 2010 and November 30, 2010. Please allow 4–6 weeks after the PASS order for the $25 to be credited. Limit of one PlayStation®Move offer per customer. PASS Card terms and conditions apply."

There is a minimum initial funding amount of $25 on the card. It looks like there are no monthly fees on the PASS card until October 2011. I don't see anything in the PASS FAQ about contract or commitments, it says you can call to cancel the card. In their FAQ it says, "An adult 18 years of age or older (e.g., a parent or guardian) can purchase the PASS Card for anyone 13 years of age or older." so you should be able to simply order it for yourself.

PS3 Move Controller - http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=804177

PS3 Move Bundle - http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=78137

So in other words, order a Move, get the code. Go order a PASS card using said code, funding it with an initial $25. After 4-6 weeks receive a bonus $25, so you now have $50 to spend anywhere AMEX is accepted. Spend the $50, cancel the PASS card.

[quote name='Xenogears']
-There are no start up, monthly, or transaction fees with the card. There is a $4 a month fee, but it is being waived until October 2011. So until then, none. There is a fee of $1.50 per withdrawl with an ATM but unless customer service was not telling me everything, thats it.
-Card can be cancelled at anytime with no fees
-Phone number to cancel card: 1-877-405-7277 (International Collect 1-801-945-9559)
-So, this deal is good to go. I also noticed that an adult can order up to 3 cards. So getting multiples should work, but if someone else wants to research that go ahead. Im just going to get one
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Montes']Are there any geographical restrictions to purchasing the PASS Card?
The PASS Card is not available for sale in Arkansas, New Hampshire and Vermont. The PASS Card is also not available in California at this time. Cards purchased by residents in other states cannot be shipped to these four states. In addition, American Express does not sell or ship the Card outside the United States.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit, why is the Move available on 10/1/2010 and the 20down coupon code only valid until 9/30/2010. I was envisioning something along the lines of...

I'm going to wait until Move is available online (not as a pre-order) and then order with a Dual shock 3 controller and use coupon code 20down to bring the total price down to 84.98. This should split the savings as follows:

Move Controller - $40.47
Dual Shock 3 - $44.51

After returning Dualshock 3 to store, net paid for Move is $43.00 (6.25% tax in MA). Pay the $25 to load a Pass card, receive bonus of $25, pay the $1.50 to cash out the card and I'm looking at a Move controller for...

$19.50 (43 + 25 + 1.50 - 50)

In for one. Almost went with buying it on Amazon with GC but then decided to check the threads here. Used my UFC $10 off with SAVER free shipping, total $43 and change, plus the $25 credit. I usually use these prepaid cards on food or gas, something I would definitely spend money on otherwise.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Opening and then canceling a card on your name isnt great for credit. Might want to think about that over a meesly 25 bucks.[/QUOTE]

This should not affect that as it's not a line of credit, its basically a prepaid credit card you fund with your existing AMEX card or a checking or savings account.

[quote name='ky151']This should not affect that as it's not a line of credit, its basically a prepaid credit card you fund with your existing AMEX card or a checking or savings account.[/QUOTE]

If thats the case, not a bad deal if you're ok with waiting 4-6 weeks for some results.

looks like you have to get the card first, which requires loading it with a starting amount of at least $25. once you get your card you use the code to add another $25. then once you spend your money you need to cancel it so you dont have the card anymore...... Im gonna just wait for another deal on move. too much hassle and too much funds up front.

[quote name='gamingdroid']I tried to use one of those $20 coupons on the PS Move wand, but it doesn't work. Anyone have any clue? I got the code from Halo: Reach.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get my $20 code from mario galaxy 2 to apply on the move wand. I dont know why the Reach code wouldnt work. Maybe call Gamestop and get them to apply it, because it should work.

With the card and credit score: I just called AmEx to ask about how opening and then cancelling the card would effect credit. They said it is in no way linked to credit, its just a prepaid pass card. Opening and then cancelling it a month or two later will not harm your credit at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in CA try this? I'm concerned about the post on the previous page which indicates it's not available for Californians at this time. However, it is a lot of work for $25.

[quote name='bob330i']Anyone in CA try this? I'm concerned about the post on the previous page which indicates it's not available for Californians at this time. However, it is a lot of work for $25.[/QUOTE]

Considering you have to purchase the card to get the $25 and you can't purchase the card right now, it won't be any good for you. Unless you have family that live out of state, or they bring the card to CA by the end of November.

I just tried to purchase the Move controller today but not a single gamestop has them in stock. Saw them at a bunch of stores on the weekend, but they are gone now :( Even looked at Target and Best Buy...all gone. Lady at the Gamestop told me that they are expecting more controllers on Friday but she expected them to sell out the second she got them. I found it interesting how she compared the demand of the move controller to the Wii when it was launched. I don't think it will be THAT drastic :p , but as of now they are all sold out.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Considering you have to purchase the card to get the $25 and you can't purchase the card right now, it won't be any good for you. Unless you have family that live out of state, or they bring the card to CA by the end of November.

I just tried to purchase the Move controller today but not a single gamestop has them in stock. Saw them at a bunch of stores on the weekend, but they are gone now :( Even looked at Target and Best Buy...all gone. Lady at the Gamestop told me that they are expecting more controllers on Friday but she expected them to sell out the second she got them. I found it interesting how she compared the demand of the move controller to the Wii when it was launched. I don't think it will be THAT drastic :p , but as of now they are all sold out.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will be so drastic either, but then again Sony is either underproducing to a ridiculous degree, or the Move is a hit. It seems to be mainly sold out at stores I go to.

Bah - did a store search and there is only one gamestop in the tristate area with a Move controller and it's 20 miles away (not worth it).

[quote name='evilpotatoguy']Someone on SD posted a link to the AMEX PASS deal on its own. Buy a $25 PASS card, get $25 free when you reload it ($25 minimum for reload). Use bonus code BONUS25 at checkout:

https://www212.americanexpress.com/...ass_acquisition_bonus25&type=intbenefitdetail[/QUOTE]

Looking at the terms on both offers, it sounds like the stand-alone offer requires a reload of the card. In other words, order the card with the initial $25 required, and then reload it again after that for another $25 in order to get the bonus. Maybe they count the initial funding as a "reload", I don't know.

Stand-alone terms:

To receive a $25 bonus on a PASS Card, you must be the named recipient of the PASS mailing. The PASS Card must be purchased using promotion code BONUS25. The PASS Card must be reloaded between September 1, 2010 and November 30, 2010 and must be active when the $25 bonus is fulfilled. Please allow 4–6 weeks after qualifying reload for the $25 to be credited. PASS Card terms and conditions apply.

The Move offer doesn't say anything about reloading:

To receive a $25 bonus on a PASS Card, you must purchase a PlayStation®Move at GameStop. The PASS Card must be ordered using the promotion code found on the back of the GameStop receipt between September 25, 2010 and November 30, 2010. Please allow 4–6 weeks after the PASS order for the $25 to be credited. Limit of one PlayStation®Move offer per customer. PASS Card terms and conditions apply.

[quote name='cmb00']that sucks for those of us that purchased it the day it came out.[/QUOTE]

Thats usually the case. but look on the bright side - you got to play with it first. :D

BTW Great deal. I don't know why it took two pages to understand that it's like buy 1 get 1 free in the end but i am the proud owner of the move!
thanks OP!

bread's done
Back