Gamestop buy TWO USED get one, coupon

coolrust

CAGiversary!
I RECEIVED A COUPON FROM GAMESTOP AFTER I SIGNED UP FOR POWERUP REWARDPRO FEW DAYS AGO. HERE'S THE EMAIL

Congrats on successfully activating your account. (What, like it was hard?) Now reward yourself by taking advantage of this special offer. Buy any two pre-owned games and the third one is FREE! Just click the link, log in, and you'll be directed to "My Active Offers" on your Dashboard to print out your coupon. GO!:bouncy:

There should probably be a comma after one, otherwise it sounds like if you buy 2 used you get a coupon ;D

But this applies to every Power Up Rewards, however Power Up is not offered everywhere yet, so only for people who actually has the program in their market.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You earn points that can be turned in for various products. It also seems like there are contests and special discounts.[/QUOTE]

They also give points for doing surveys that they give you on their website and so on.

But it's basically like RZ Program more or less since there is a free version you can sign up for instead of going for the Pro (EDGE), so it's a nice change for people who don't want to pay for the $15 to still get something for their purchases, regardless of if it's a whole lot or not, but at least it's something. And the points also count towards New and Used games, so more ways to earn points than just buying Used games.

It's basically their own version of the BestBuy's Reward Zone Gamer's Club. There are two tiers, the free one called Powerup Rewards and upgraded version you pay $14.99 for called Powerup Rewards Plus (this is the old Edge Card stuff with two added extras, 10% discount on strategy guides and 10% more bonus points from all purchases)

The bonus points come from everything you buy. You get 10 points per dollar on new stuff and 20 points per dollar on used stuff and 20 per dollar on trade-ins. There's a list of rewards you can buy with the points up and it will change over time.

Check out their site for more info.

http://www.poweruprewards.com/Home/Benefits

Since I had an EDGE card, I was able to get the PowerUp Pro for free. I went to a store in NYC for this, and it worked. I haven't seen that advertised.

i'll check out the site again but i live in the northeast (philadelphia, pa) and i thought the powerup card was only being tested in select area's of the country. i hope that's changed.

The sucky part about it is that you can't use the coupon more than once per PowerUp card account. I've really been dying for another B2G1 op at GS.

[quote name='SnowMeow']Since I had an EDGE card, I was able to get the PowerUp Pro for free. I went to a store in NYC for this, and it worked. I haven't seen that advertised.[/QUOTE]

So as long as you have an Edge Card you're in for PowerUp Pro? i assume you have to do this instore, because I can't find anything on the website.

You have to go to the store if u have an edge card powerup pro is free if not its 14.99 with free gameinformer magazine they have the free version of power up aswell

[quote name='killer9']You have to go to the store if u have an edge card powerup pro is free if not its 14.99 with free gameinformer magazine they have the free version of power up aswell[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I'll stop by GS later today.

[quote name='gshell']i'll check out the site again but i live in the northeast (philadelphia, pa) and i thought the powerup card was only being tested in select area's of the country. i hope that's changed.[/QUOTE]

I went to one in the Gallery yesterday, and the clerk told me it would be starting October 6th.

It's too bad the program wouldn't be retroactively able to give out points based on how long you've had an active EDGE card and the purchases/trades made during that period, since I'd probably get enough points for a free console.:rofl:

According to the GameStop lackey who passed the information on the program along to us, "The rewards range from coupons for $5-$10 off purchases ranging from 4000 to 8000 points to even free Xbox 360 controllers or Turtle Beach X11 headsets for 40,000 points. Us employees get 4000 points to start off with, enough to purchase a $5 off a used game coupon or PS3 real triggers!"

copy pasted from kotaku

heres pic with what u get

powerupchart580px.jpg

It's laughable at best. Don't expect any real rewards out of this 'cause the amounts are ridiculous for the most basic reward. Do what you can to benefit, but otherwise you shouldn't be reaching for any goals. :roll:

If you have Edge already, this is free upgrade. And you can start with 750 points after activate + fill out info + add game to library (250 + 250 + 250 points). That said, I haven't got my B2G1 coupon yet...

4,000pt = $5 off any pre-owned game
5,000pt = $5 off any purchase
8,000pt = $10 off any pre-owned game
10,000pt = $10 off any purchase
...$25 & $50 off ones too for 25k & 50k...

For the gift cards, if you were wondering. So if my math is right, you need to spend $200 just to get 4,000 pts, which is only a $5 off pre-owned. I really hope there is other free ways to get points.

The top left says "Power Up Rewards Beta" so this will probably replace Edge completely soon

But if you get 20 points per dollar traded in - any good flipping opportunities would really let this stuff stack up.

Say you buy something at Toys R Us clearance or something that's 12.98 with 30% extra off, and there's some B2G1 that stacks or something stupid like toys r us always does.

Then it's 6.06 for each of these flippable games. You average $10 trade for a small, probably not even worth it flip to gamestop.

That's 600 of these rewards points. Then another 600 if you buy a used game from them. or 300 if it's new.

That's 1200 points in just a simple $20 cash/$30 credit flip (or an equal amount of trade in/purchase)- we'll never be back to the days of the Legendary and Oblivion GOTY filps or other nonsense, but it's a nice bonus, I think, and the reason those point values are so high is exactly because of things like that. I think it's better than Best Buy's reward zone. You need to spend $250 before any bonuses to get $5 there.

[quote name='jer7583']But if you get 20 points per dollar traded in - any good flipping opportunities would really let this stuff stack up.

Say you buy something at Toys R Us clearance or something that's 12.98 with 30% extra off, and there's some B2G1 that stacks or something stupid like toys r us always does.

Then it's 6.06 for each of these flippable games. You average $10 trade for a small, probably not even worth it flip to gamestop.

That's 600 of these rewards points. Then another 600 if you buy a used game from them. or 300 if it's new.

That's 1200 points in just a simple $20 cash/$30 credit flip (or an equal amount of trade in/purchase)- we'll never be back to the days of the Legendary and Oblivion GOTY filps or other nonsense, but it's a nice bonus, I think, and the reason those point values are so high is exactly because of things like that. I think it's better than Best Buy's reward zone. You need to spend $250 before any bonuses to get $5 there.[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is I'll probably have to complete with el hoardo/flippers even more? God damn it, Charlie...

[quote name='jer7583']I think it's better than Best Buy's reward zone. You need to spend $250 before any bonuses to get $5 there.[/QUOTE]

The $250 is just the normal RZ benefits though. RZ Gamer's Club gives you a $10 certificate for every $150 on games you spend at BB and the points also stack into the $250 you have to spend for your normal $5 RZ certificate, so technically the RZ and Gamer's Club benefits outweigh the one's from Power Up. But Power Up is just starting up, so I am sure there will be more benefits to come and they may even tweak it to make it work better.

It's a nice bonus to have on top of what I already spend at Gamestop, so not complaining, but they should probably lower some of the points on the prizes to make it feel like people have a good chance to claim more than just to two prizes a year.

It's definitely nice that GS is starting to roll this program out, even though the rewards do not look that enticing, yet. Unfortunately, due to the lack of coupons and used games of the week deals recently, I haven't shopped at GS in quite some time.

[quote name='gshell']i'll check out the site again but i live in the northeast (philadelphia, pa) and i thought the powerup card was only being tested in select area's of the country. i hope that's changed.[/QUOTE]

talked to a manager at my store in CT, its nationwide, OCT.1

FYI.

[quote name='grumpier']I like the idea you can do the b2g1 whenever. This can be used in store correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have to print the coupon in order to get the b2g1 promo.

Didn't see this posted anywhere... I'm on the Eastern Shore (Salisbury, MD) and it's not a participating area. However, I talked to a guy today who usually knows what he's talking about and he said he thinks it starts everywhere next week.

Got mine today, and currently the card doesn't appear to be retroactive on recent purchases based on the terms and conditions, nor do you get any points for transactions from the .com site. Gonna be a long time before i get any points even worth using, but I guess more stuff for free is better than nothing at all compared to the previous EDGE card.

I got my EDGE card converted over to the PowerUp Pro today, but there was a bit of weirdness in the system when the receipt for the conversion printed out.

The expiration date on the receipt for the Powerup Pro says February 29, 2012, while the cashier in store said my EDGE expires January 2011.

So maybe those converting early are getting a bonus year?:D:applause:

BTW, this was at a store in Northeastern Pennsylvania, so the program may be nationwide already. Just ask if you have a current EDGE card at one of your local stores whether or not the program is active there already. If it is they should have flyers promoting the program on the back counter and some gift card looking card packages, which are actually the PowerUp program cards.

Oh and I was told that the B2G1 coupon is being sent via email, which is why they ask for a current email address when you sign up.

I love that some of us are so blindly anti-Gamestop that we fail to notice the similarities between this and every other store's rewards program in existence.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got my EDGE card converted over to the PowerUp Pro today, but there was a bit of weirdness in the system when the receipt for the conversion printed out.

The expiration date on the receipt for the Powerup Pro says February 29, 2012, while the cashier in store said my EDGE expires January 2011.

So maybe those converting early are getting a bonus year?:D:applause:

BTW, this was at a store in Northeastern Pennsylvania, so the program may be nationwide already. Just ask if you have a current EDGE card at one of your local stores whether or not the program is active there already. If it is they should have flyers promoting the program on the back counter and some gift card looking card packages, which are actually the PowerUp program cards.

Oh and I was told that the B2G1 coupon is being sent via email, which is why they ask for a current email address when you sign up.[/QUOTE]

I heard the guys at Gamestop the other day talking; we've had PowerUp here since May, and one of them said he was at a Gamestop out-of-state and tried to use his card and they were convinced it was fake and had to call and confirm he wasn't trying to rip them off somehow.

That said, though, there is no "bonus year," at least not that I've heard of. I renewed mine and it still expired about two months afterward. Pretty sure you just lucked out. You can renew it for up to three years at a time now, I remember that was one of their big selling points. But regarding the B2G1, they don't send it, you have to log in and physically print it off your PowerUp profile.

It's not a bad deal, though, considering it's absolutely free. People complain that these handouts aren't good enough for them. I've had four or five $5-off coupons I've used since May and I have enough for another right now, and that's not even spending like I normally do (ie, when I'm employed). If I was patient enough to save them that could translate to a pretty decent free game. Plus, they apparently give you double points for the entire month of your birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']The sucky part about it is that you can't use the coupon more than once per PowerUp card account. [/QUOTE]

How many times do you want to use the coupon? Forever? :lol:

[quote name='killer9']According to the GameStop lackey who passed the information on the program along to us, "The rewards range from coupons for $5-$10 off purchases ranging from 4000 to 8000 points to even free Xbox 360 controllers or Turtle Beach X11 headsets for 40,000 points. Us employees get 4000 points to start off with, enough to purchase a $5 off a used game coupon or PS3 real triggers!"
[/QUOTE]
he lied to you about the 4000 points... employees dont get anything extra except an extension of their current subscription/power up pro/edge, or if they dont have one they get a free digital game informer subscription with the pro card.
at least i didnt get the 4000 pts...

This is actually a decent coupon because the prices on used games aren't jacked up $5-10 as they usually are during "official" buy two get one free sales.
When I was picking up E03 they were signing people up for the card, since I was already an Edge member was just a matter of exchanging cards. Haven't even looked at the point system stuff. Weird that they went with a logo that so resembles the red ring of death.

[quote name='mgorsi']they are coping rewardzone at BestBuy![/QUOTE]

Except Reward Zone/Gamers Club is way better.......20,000 points ($2000?) for a $20 PSN card?!

Thanks, OP! I actually got lucky and found a Gamestop in Newark, NJ that was participating in the program.

1 question though: I don't notice anywhere on the Power Up site noting that you can earn points for online purchases. Does anyone know for sure if you can (or can't) earn points for online purchases?

I dont know... you are paying 15 dollars for the opportunity to get 10 % off on strategy guides and used games... and you get some points that hopefully some day add up to 5 dollars off.... Why not just do what Barnes and Nobles does... charge me $25 a year and give me 10 % off everything in the store...

You also get a year of Game Informer with the card, for what its worth.

So, has anyone confirmed that by "Limit 1 coupon per customer." they mean it can only be used once per card? Rather than than one per transaction?

[quote name='n1c0']You also get a year of Game Informer with the card, for what its worth.

So, has anyone confirmed that by "Limit 1 coupon per customer." they mean it can only be used once per card? Rather than than one per transaction?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, when I used mine, they literally wrote down the code on the coupon (that appears above the bar code) and x'd it out afterwards. Not sure what that meant, but I didn't want to even bother.

I did score pretty well when I used mine: SW: USE, RE5 Gold & NCAA Football 11 the day after it came out.

[quote name='Survivalism']I love that some of us are so blindly anti-Gamestop that we fail to notice the similarities between this and every other store's rewards program in existence.

I heard the guys at Gamestop the other day talking; we've had PowerUp here since May, and one of them said he was at a Gamestop out-of-state and tried to use his card and they were convinced it was fake and had to call and confirm he wasn't trying to rip them off somehow.

That said, though, there is no "bonus year," at least not that I've heard of. I renewed mine and it still expired about two months afterward. Pretty sure you just lucked out. You can renew it for up to three years at a time now, I remember that was one of their big selling points. But regarding the B2G1, they don't send it, you have to log in and physically print it off your PowerUp profile.

It's not a bad deal, though, considering it's absolutely free. People complain that these handouts aren't good enough for them. I've had four or five $5-off coupons I've used since May and I have enough for another right now, and that's not even spending like I normally do (ie, when I'm employed). If I was patient enough to save them that could translate to a pretty decent free game. Plus, they apparently give you double points for the entire month of your birthday.[/QUOTE]

The cost of the rewards programs for any store is built into the price of the products they are selling. There are no handouts. You are paying for the program in one way or another. This program is not in my area, I am eagerly awaiting it though since it appears to start soon.

Will all Gamestops have it on October 1st, because I want to sign up right away.

bread's done
Back