gamestop.ca question -- are new games gutted?

jeffx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
see title

about to use them for the first time for the limited edition of Lunar PSP.

I've stayed away from gamestop for the longest time due to extremely bad service. But for once, ordering from them will actually be cheaper than through goomba. I still refuse to pick it up in person though.

So how's their online service then? Will my NEW game be gutted beyond recognition?

Normally they only gut games when they have to put a box on the shelf. I'm assuming their online store is shipped from some distribution centre somewhere where they don't have a store front. I may be wrong though. They might source out to stores near you.

DO NOT ORDER!!!

I bought a NEW wii game from them and it was gutted, case in crappy condition and about 5 different stickers plastered all over the box.

I went INSTORE and they refused to do an exchange for me cause it did not have the clear round circle sticker on the case.....

IF this was a NEW game...i dont even want to think about what USED games are like...

I REPEAT:DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!

if you have to locate a store with stock and go in person so you can atleast look at the game before purchasing....

Shipping was SLOW AS HECK TOO....

Well I'd guess gamer602's problem happened on a older game being sold as new? A -new- new game shouldn't be with Gamestop long enough for them to fuck it up. I wish I could be sure though, if I was I'd already have already preordered the Lunar LE too... I can't be bothered to order it instore and have them deadbeat on me, and Amazon isn't carrying it :whistle2:(

Umm no it was Rabbids GO HOME A MONTH AFTER RELEASE! ^^^

IT was not OLD by any means...you wait and see EB/GS online sucks sooo bad...

A month is an eternity. That's more than enough for EB to leave the game on a retail shelf, decide it's not selling, and send it back to the distribution center. We're hoping they don't do shit like that to pre-orders. It's a sad state of affairs to seriously think that they might...

I ordered Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition last week and received it brand new not gutted or anything
it was pristine

My Lunar LE came today too. Bubble mailer on paperboard LE case + mail = kinda squished LE case :whistle2:( It's sealed though. I'll leave it sealed and try hitting a few EBs to see if I can find a copy to buy/swap/return...

I don't think I'm going to use them for anything easily damageable again. Which likely means I'm not using them again, I can't see myself bothering ordering something online unless it's a LE of some sort.

[quote name='ragnar14']My Lunar LE came today too. Bubble mailer on paperboard LE case + mail = kinda squished LE case :whistle2:( It's sealed though. I'll leave it sealed and try hitting a few EBs to see if I can find a copy to buy/swap/return...

I don't think I'm going to use them for anything easily damageable again. Which likely means I'm not using them again, I can't see myself bothering ordering something online unless it's a LE of some sort.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should mention Lunar LE. Someone at EB today was buying a copy and it was the last one (downtown).

how squished? I have to admit mine was slightly squished too, now that I take a long look at it. I'm wondering if they weren't already like that to begin with though.

Slightly squished is kinda ok, you know when the sides of the box has a slight outward bend/crease. That's perfectly expectable from normal handling (I'd never cause it myself though :lol:).

There's a large crease running the entire side of my box, through a corner, forcibly folding the corner in few places to push though, and into box flap. Plus I can sorta tell where the CD(?) is inside the box, due to it withstanding the pressure and causing some creasing on the face of the box. It's possible some of the contents of the box could be damaged, but it doesn't quite look that bad.

I can assure you from just glancing at the pics Goomba posted that they're not supposed to look like mine :whistle2:#

The side of my LE Lunar had a small crease too. I'm very picky when it comes to the condition of my games, so just knowing it's there is going to bother me for a while.

I only ordered from them because it was a last minute decision to buy the game, plus I was too lazy to go pick it up instore because of school/work, but...I probably won't order online again, especially for anything delicate. I honestly think they should have taken more care in packaging it safely. =/

[quote name='jeffx']Nukkus can you read thread titles? this is about the ONLINE STORE.[/QUOTE]

Cranky Person can you read relevant post content? My post was about EB GUTTING THEIR GAMES.

[quote name='Nukkus']Cranky Person can you read relevant post content? My post was about EB GUTTING THEIR GAMES.[/QUOTE]

It's already well-known that the B&M locations gut a number of their games; the OP was asking if the online store does the same. When someone asks "does the online store gut its games?" saying that the B&M locations gut their games doesn't answer the question at all.

Good to hear that your games have been arriving sealed. I'm a little concerned about gamer602's results though, since I mostly want games that have been out long enough to be cheap, but I still want new, sealed copies. Anyone else try ordering older "new" games from the site?

bread's done
Back