Gamestop Canada Boxing Day 2011 Videogame flyer full deals

dvdswapper

CAGiversary!
Read carefully as some are only during certain days

Xbox 360 4GB Console $129.99(two days only dec26-27)

$39.99 game titles
Batman Arkham City
Gears of War 3
Forza Motorsport 4
Battlefield 3
Saints Row:the 3rd
NHL 12

$29.99 game titles
Assassin's Creed Revelations(Dec 26 only)
Rage
Red Dead Redemption
Mortal Kombat
inFamous 2
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One

PS3 3D Bundle $299.99

GAME DEALS(dec26-31st only)

$49.99 Game titles
Assault Horizon
Call of Duty MW3
Dark Souls
Dragonball Z ultimate tenkaici

$39.99 Game titles
Catherine
fifa soccer 12
Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge
Madden 12
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Need for Speed: RUN (Limited Edition)
Rayman Origins
Spider-Man: Edge of Time
White Knight Chronicles 2
X-MEN: Destiny

$29.99 Game titles
The Black Eyed Peas Experience
Conduit 2
Dead Island
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dance Central 2
Dance Central 1
Kinect Sports
Kinect Sports Season Two
Socom 4
Once Upon a Monster
Devil Survivor Overclocked(3ds)
shinobi(3ds)
The SIMS 3
Sonic Generations(3ds)
ZUMBA Fitness

$24.99 Game titles
halo:reach

$19.99 and under Game titles
The Cursed Crusade
The House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut
Glee Jaroke Revolution$19.99
Lego Harry Potter years 1-4$14.99
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3
Virtua Tennis 4

XBOX 360 4GB Console with Kinect$199.99
XBOX Kinect Sensor Bundle with Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja$99.99

X12 Gaming Headset$49.99
Engerizer Power and Play with Batteries Xbox$34.99
Survival Shadows of Katmai Xbox/PS3$59.99
Disney Girls Case Nintendo DS$9.99

StarCraft 2(pc)$34.99
World of WarCraft: Battle Chest(pc)$14.99
World of WarCraft: Cataclysm(pc)$24.99

Ultimate Combo Packs $59.99
PS Move with Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest & Sports Champions$79.99
PlayStation 3 160GB Console
Action Board for Wii (White or Black)$29.99
Engerizer Power & Play ps3 $29.99
Turtle Beach Gaming Headset Amplified Stereo Sound$49.99

UFC Ultimate Knockouts 7 DVD with UFC Undisputed 2010$9.99

DEC 26 ONLY
Nintendo Dsi XL, Incl. Ear Buds, Cloth, Screen Protector & Sys.$99.99(USED)
Nintendo Dsi, Incl. Ear Buds, Cloth, Screen Protector & Sys$79.99(USED)
Nintendo DS Lite, Incl. Ear Buds, Cloth, Screen Protector & Sys$59.99(USED)

Save 10% when you buy 2 used games
Save 20% when you buy 3 used games
Save 30% when you buy 4 used games
Save 50% when you buy 5 or more used games

DEC 27-31ST Used games,accessories and consoles deals

2 for $5.00 on all used games priced $4.99 or less
2 for $20.00 on all used games priced $14.99 or less
2 for $30.00 on all used games priced $19.99 or less

$34.99 Game titles used
Battlefield 3
Resistance 3
Gears of War 3

$24.99 Game titles used
Infamous 2
Call of Duty: Black OPS
Socom 4
L.A. NOIRE
Crysis 2

$19.99 Game titles used
HALO: Reach
Killzone 3

Last edited by a moderator:
The Save 50% on 5+ used games sounds like it could be interesting to somehow who's got a wishlist. Deus Ex: HR and Dead Island are both $29.99 at eb right now. Not much point in waiting til after christmas if you want them.

I wonder if GS's 'trade a system in for 100 towards another system' would stack with the $130 4g 360 on the 26. If it does, then this would be a good time for me to chuck the old 360 for a stumpy and not have to worry about ethernet cables, and it would only cost me 30 bucks.

[quote name='refinedsugar']The Save 50% on 5+ used games sounds like it could be interesting to somehow who's got a wishlist. [/QUOTE]

Imma gonna catch me up on some Halo and Rabbids with that one!

raving-rabbids-2-halo-1.jpg

I love how new releases for half price aren't good enough anymore. Sure there's nothing AMAZING, but there's plenty of good deals to be had. I guess people set their expectations too high.

Overall this year's boxing day sales (all stores) seem super lame. I might grab a couple blurays from Walmart, but that's about it. I had high hopes, but I guess I'll save my money.

[quote name='Heartless18']I love how new releases for half price aren't good enough anymore. Sure there's nothing AMAZING, but there's plenty of good deals to be had. I guess people set their expectations too high.[/QUOTE]

Why would I be excited by non-GOTY 30$ RDR and sub-30-on-metacritic 20$ shovelware? Is Rage even worth 30$? Mortal Kombat will be Greatest Hits in a matter of microseconds. Etc, etc. These are the same deals as Black Friday, which were so-so to begin with.

You want to drive people into a frenzy? Drop an assload of B-listed games to 5-10$ (clears your inventory) and I'll go to EB Games in person armed with 100$ and pepperspray.

[quote name='Heartless18']I love how new releases for half price aren't good enough anymore. Sure there's nothing AMAZING, but there's plenty of good deals to be had. I guess people set their expectations too high.[/QUOTE]

Because we've had the same or even better sales in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

[quote name='Mr.']Because we've had the same or even better sales in the weeks leading up to Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, that's what's going to happen now that Canadian retailers are jumping on the Black Friday sales. IIRC, most people whined about those sales as well. Seems like people aren't happy unless new releases are $9.99 or there's a B1G5 sale >_>

50% used games if you buy five is likely the best deal game-wise across all retailers for boxing. Most used recent releases are priced at $49.99 or lower, so you would be getting most games @$25 for $125+tax, or $125 on store credit, OR $125-10% edge card discount+tax.

Unless the store clerk derped (or was really nice), they don't stack edge card discount with sales like these. It's usually one or the other and since sales are typically better, they give you those.

Tho I'm definitely gonna try to find some used titles I want to take advantage of 50% off.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']50% used games if you buy five is likely the best deal game-wise across all retailers for boxing. Most used recent releases are priced at $49.99 or lower, so you would be getting most games @$25 for $125+tax, or $125 on store credit, OR $125-10% edge card discount+tax.[/QUOTE]

This may or may not work. The guy at my store said that the used games may also drop to $5 less than what the new game is selling for OR it might get pulled during the sale.

So, for example, Batman:AC is currently $60 new and $45 used (due to online pass)
It might drop to $40 new and $35 used. This would be awesome as it can be coupled with 50% off and Edge discount.
Or, it might drop to $40 new and all the used copies get pulled. This would suck as a lot of the games will be on sale on Boxing day.

$20-30 of games that came out this season seems like a pretty good deal, IMO. Even some of those $15-20 titles seem picking up. Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4? The Cursed Crusade? Oh, $300 for the PS 3D Display?

These are indeed deals.

[quote name='Booyakz']$20-30 of games that came out this season seems like a pretty good deal, IMO. Even some of those $15-20 titles seem picking up. Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4? The Cursed Crusade? Oh, $300 for the PS 3D Display?

These are indeed deals.[/QUOTE]

If you think so.. :lol:

Damn, I debating if I should re-pick up Sonic Generations for 29.99, or pick up Rayman Origins for 39.99 on the Ps3.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Damn, I debating if I should re-pick up Sonic Generations for 29.99, or pick up Rayman Origins for 39.99 on the Ps3.[/QUOTE]

Both will be $19.99 very soon.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Both will be $19.99 very soon.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Origins will be 19.99. Though, Sonic might.

[quote name='snuter']This may or may not work. The guy at my store said that the used games may also drop to $5 less than what the new game is selling for OR it might get pulled during the sale.

So, for example, Batman:AC is currently $60 new and $45 used (due to online pass)
It might drop to $40 new and $35 used. This would be awesome as it can be coupled with 50% off and Edge discount.
Or, it might drop to $40 new and all the used copies get pulled. This would suck as a lot of the games will be on sale on Boxing day.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there some sort of business act that prevents this sort of thing? If indeed they are using the sale to get people in the stores, then hide all of the good games, then it sounds similar to a bait-and-switch tactic which I'm sure is detrimental to sound business practices.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I doubt Origins will be 19.99. Though, Sonic might.[/QUOTE]
It's a Ubisoft game.

[quote name='Mr.']It's a Ubisoft game.[/QUOTE]

And, your point is?.. In that regard, I could say any developers game would be 19.99 eventually.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']And, your point is?.. In that regard, I could say any developers game would be 19.99 eventually.[/QUOTE]

Generally, Ubi soft games tend to drop in price quicker than games by other developers/publishers.

Ubisoft is known for their quick MSRP drops. Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, etc. all dipped below $20 within a year. As a recent example, I bought Child of Eden on 360 during the summer for $50 and it hit $20 a couple of months ago.

[quote name='Mr.']Ubisoft is known for their quick MSRP drops. Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, etc. all dipped below $20 within a year. As a recent example, I bought Child of Eden on 360 during the summer for $50 and it hit $20 a couple of months ago.[/QUOTE]
6 months seems to be the average. I remember getting AC: B for $20 6 months after launch. Ubi and EA seem to be the two developers that drop the prices within a year.

Would love to get a PS 3D TV. Does the trade towards hardware for $25 a game go along with getting it while on sale price ($299)?

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Isn't there some sort of business act that prevents this sort of thing? If indeed they are using the sale to get people in the stores, then hide all of the good games, then it sounds similar to a bait-and-switch tactic which I'm sure is detrimental to sound business practices.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, when they had Shift 2 Unleashed on sale new for 10 dollars they pulled all of the used ones off of the shelves and put $0.00 prices on the used ones.

Seem as though some deals are live. Just ordered one copy of HOTD:Overkill Extended Cut on Ps3 with free shipping.

Saints Row: The Third is showing up at $29.99 as opposed to $39.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who have purchased used games online at ebgames.ca, what is the likelihood that they will ship you greatest/platinum hit? I am interested in taking advantage of the 5 for 50% off deal for some older titles. However I am hesitant because I really hate the GH and PH series of games.

Has anyone bought a game released as a GH or PH game off the site even when it had a black label pictured?

I asked my local EB, you can in fact stack the edge card with the 50%, so it's actually 60% total.

Most of the new games on sale still have their used copies on sale too, only a few titles are going to have $0 used copies.

I'm personally going to try for some of those big games depending on how many they have but I'll be happy to grab some older titles just as much.

[quote name='Khalid']Just bought AC:R for 20$ from ebgames.ca and SR3 for 30$.[/QUOTE]

Used? Both games have some form of online pass. :/

They probably won't have used versions of SR3 or AC:R since $15 is their difference for online pass games, that would make SR3 $15 and AC:R $5 used. I doubt it, but I've seem weirder things.

Kinda cool that they are selling AC:R for 20 bucks new since all the other flyers say 29.99 -39.99. I wasn't going to get it but at 19.99 + 3 game bundle for 29.99 that's the entire AC collection for like $55.

Any idea if Revelations will be the Signature edition? I'll drop by during Boxing Day since I'd prefer to save the tax on my EDGE card.

[quote name='Mr.']Any idea if Revelations will be the Signature edition? I'll drop by during Boxing Day since I'd prefer to save the tax on my EDGE card.[/QUOTE]

If you are getting the 360 version then you may still get a signature. check the box art. The ps3 one even though it has the signature artwork does not have the codes inside, someone missed getting the codes in the box and when the game shipped the codes were emailed to the store since they were missing in the box

[quote name='Norieaga']
EBGamesMailer_Saturday_043.jpg

This image of the flyer shows Assassin's Creed at $19.99. Is it $19.99 or $29.99? I'm confused. Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

It's $19.99 available today On-line only, and tomorrow in-store (and on-line) I just ordered a copy for free shipping too!
rhia6x.jpg
Came up to $22.49 after taxes.

[quote name='Devilfire111']It's $19.99 available today On-line only, and tomorrow in-store (and on-line) I just ordered a copy for free shipping too! Came up to $22.49 after taxes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I just ordered a copy for myself!

Too bad I already had my copy of AC:R on release day. Saint Rows The Third doesn't look that great from the gameplay videos. It looks like a clone of GTA.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Too bad I already had my copy of AC:R on release day. Saint Rows The Third doesn't look that great from the gameplay videos. It looks like a clone of GTA.[/QUOTE]
Apparently they've come into their own with the third game. I haven't played it yet so I don't know. I know that SR2 seemed like a GTA clone to me though.

Yeah, just ordered a copy myself. I haven't beaten any of them yet but have bought them all on sale, lol. Time to play some AssCreed!

bread's done
Back