Gamestop.com $10 off coupon if you cancel an order?

red_devil3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I have been trying to find Pro Evo Wii on the cheap for the past few days. I thought I struck gold when they (apparently) had a used copy in stock on gamestop.com for $34.99. Used in conjunction with the AFF25 brought it down to $26.5. Pretty good deal.

But yesterday I find out that the game is "back-ordered", and after a bit of back and forth with customer service they say that it may take upto 6-8 weeks for the game to be in stock. I can't wait that long so I canceled the order.

Next thing you know a coupon code for $10 off shows up in my inbox from Gamestop, with them being sorry about the cancellation. I won't post that code here since it seems like a one-time use only and I haven't used it yet (probably going to get pro evo wii but now im thinking of mario kart).

Has this happened to anyone else before?

I got one once after an order was delayed. They just sent it to me, I didn't contact their CS at all. Used it to get a Wii points card for $13.

They canceled my order once and gave me crap! 3 weeks of waiting and I got nothing! Not even a notice that the product has been discontinued and that they will never have it!

So you may get a $10 off coupon if your order is backordered/delayed and you decide to cancel? This is not really a reproducible situation.

[quote name='Short Round']ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!

Seriously man, how can you not know this yet?[/quote]

My apologies. Though I have been on CAG a long time I very, VERY rarely post. Like maybe once every 6 months.

In any case, here's the code (I've already used it). It probably won't work:

F2199BCA78C6

[quote name='red_devil3']My apologies. Though I have been on CAG a long time I very, VERY rarely post. Like maybe once every 6 months.

In any case, here's the code (I've already used it). It probably won't work:

F2199BCA78C6

[/quote]

Code is no longer Valid. Only a one use coupon. Thanks for the try though.

Does anyone know if there is a way to cancel the order online without calling customer service? I'd try to order a cheap item, then cancel it right away if I can and see if I get the $10 GC.

I have had a few past orders cancelled, such as a plug and play game that they oversold and never restocked and a penny guide order (everyone got those cancelled) and never got a $10 GC from those so it might be very YMMV

This won't work... I've ordered and canceled numerous things on Gamestop and never received a coupon. It's only for rare situations in which a CS can decide to give you a coupon if they feel that you were screwed over- it's pretty much random.

Yoshi, read the help page or the FAQ. It's possible to cancel orders via email (how I always do it), I just can't remember the exact details.

Don't know if anyone tried going to their site recently, but they're updating the site. One of the features is 'self-service cancellation' -- I doubt you'd get a coupon using this. Sounds like you got a nice CSR that felt bad for you.

bread's done
Back