Gamestop.com/B&M too Ninja Gaiden Sigma 19.99 + tax

It was 19.99 for awhile, but since I'm paranoid for the GH or PH's labels, I bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma as soon as it went down in price to avoid the Red Case, yes I'm a paranoid collector :p

[quote name='NolbertoS']It was 19.99 for awhile, but since I'm paranoid for the GH or PH's labels, I bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma as soon as it went down in price to avoid the Red Case, yes I'm a paranoid collector :p[/quote]

I don't know why, those red cases are awesome.

Its a good price, but I think its a matter of time before all have it at around $20.
random.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's been at that price for a while now.. Still, it's a great price.

EDIT :

and yeah, it's the same price in-stores also.

[quote name='Dissolve']Now if only the difficulty level would drop with the price. ;)[/QUOTE]

The game has an easy mode.

[quote name='Dissolve']Now if only the difficulty level would drop with the price. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah really. No way I'd play this for free after trying the demo. At least it's stable I guess.

Basic strategy guide for Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2:

1. Jump around like an idiot.
2. Flying Swallow (Jump and [Strong Attack Button] while in the air with the sword equipped) shaq-fuing EVERYTHING

[quote name='WTFer']How much would this translate to the used price at Gamestop?[/quote]

$18 used, $16.20 with Edge, and, if they do a 20% coupon, $12.60.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Basic strategy guide for Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2:

2. Flying Swallow (Jump and [Strong Attack Button] while in the air with the sword equipped) shaq-fuing EVERYTHING[/quote]

I think a better strategy is to learn to counter than just jumping and flying swallow everything. Besides, many bosses battles doesn't work well with your techniques in both games.

2. Flying Swallow (Jump and [Strong Attack Button] while in the air with the sword equipped) shaq-fuing EVERYTHING[/QUOTE]

That couldn't be farther from the truth. The first game was completely dependent on a "countering" type of battle system, which doesn't usually involve "jumping around like an idiot."

And while the second game is much more offensive-oriented than the first game, Flying Swallow was blocked by enemies often.

[quote name='Camwi']That couldn't be farther from the truth. The first game was completely dependent on a "countering" type of battle system, which doesn't usually involve "jumping around like an idiot."

And while the second game is much more offensive-oriented than the first game, Flying Swallow was blocked by enemies often.[/quote]
See, I tried the countering and the thoughtful agility and it did get me pretty far until I started catching faces full of exploding shuriken.

[quote name='RollingSkull']See, I tried the countering and the thoughtful agility and it did get me pretty far until I started catching faces full of exploding shuriken.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Sigma wasn't too bad with that, but NG2 was just plain unfair when it came to the amount of exploding projectiles that they threw at you. The "cheap" element of the enemies is the main thing that bothered me with the sequel.

Looks like its 19.99 at Bestbuy.com too.

Edit: Nevermind...YMMV as the listing online is for in store pickup only. None of the stores in my area have it B&M

[quote name='punkmaggit']Thanks, but I'm still looking to get the Collector's Edition. :whistle2:([/quote]

I would love to get a collector's edition too (GS exclusive)... but I'll bite on whichever I find first, collector's edition or non-GH label.

[quote name='aihuman']How long before this hits $5 at Kmart.[/quote]

Probably not for a long long while. Keep in mind that Ninja Gaiden Black for the regular XBox is still $20 used at Gamestop, which means there's still demand for the title.

This is an awesome game that I bought as a GameStop used game of the week a while back. This is not a game that you can casually dominate. It is not easy. Basically the game revolves around your ability to attack when not swarmed, counter and launch the ultimate technique to use essences that are laying around for devastating effect (especially using the on land charge -- jump then immediately AFTER you land hopefully somewhat away from enemies press and hold the triangle button). I'm currently on level 13 (out of 19) on the Normal level. I think there is a Ninja Dog (beginner level) that you can switch to after dying a few times.

There is an excellent guide on gamefaqs.com that will help you greatly with this game. Its also worth noting that this game is HARDER than the demo in that the demo gives you all of the powered up weapons right off the bat.

I've played this sucker so many times already on the Xbox for both versions, original and Black, I just want to see what it's like to play as Rachel.

Can someone who has purchased this online confirm if they received the regular version or the Greatest Hits? I know there isn't much of a different outside of the red case...just curious since it doesn't specify on the site.

[quote name='henhowc']Can someone who has purchased this online confirm if they received the regular version or the Greatest Hits? I know there isn't much of a different outside of the red case...just curious since it doesn't specify on the site.[/QUOTE]

no guarantee... you might not even get a case.

oops... my bad, thought it was for used NGS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dinobot']no guarantee... you might not even get a case.[/quote]
For a new game? Despite some poor practices, I think the website doesn't sell gutted games without the associated casing.

good deal but my backlog is too serious right now. would definately get it at 15. this game i believe is one of the few that display true 1080p if im not mistaken. the other title i know of is ridge racer 7 for ps3 which looks friggin incredible. can someone enlighten me as to what B&M stands for? is there a thread here that explains all the acronyms used?

2. Flying Swallow (Jump and [Strong Attack Button] while in the air with the sword equipped) shaq-fuing EVERYTHING[/QUOTE]

Maybe on Ninja Dog or Normal in the case of NG2. Try doing it in NG2 specifically, see how well it works. ;)

But hey, they only had to tone down the original like, what, twice? :lol: Of course it'll work on the lesser difficulties, they had to make it beatable for more people some how. What better way to do it?

[quote name='outphase']For a new game? Despite some poor practices, I think the website doesn't sell gutted games without the associated casing.[/QUOTE]

oops.... for some reason i thought this was for used games. my bad.... :p

[quote name='mr_burnzz']good deal but my backlog is too serious right now. would definately get it at 15. this game i believe is one of the few that display true 1080p if im not mistaken. the other title i know of is ridge racer 7 for ps3 which looks friggin incredible. can someone enlighten me as to what B&M stands for? is there a thread here that explains all the acronyms used?[/quote]

B&M = brick & mortar (physical store location).

I have NGB but have never gotten around to playing it. The only reason I want to get Sigma (a non GH copy if possible at this price) is because Sigma 2 is coming.

[quote name='Dissolve']You'd make a terrible wing man in a bar.[/QUOTE]

terrible wing man in a bar.... there's an App for that!

[quote name='def PD']B&M = brick & mortar (physical store location).

I have NGB but have never gotten around to playing it. The only reason I want to get Sigma (a non GH copy if possible at this price) is because Sigma 2 is coming.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, maybe Sigma 2 will be improved over the 360 version by being stable, but I still wouldn't want to play it. I love a developer actively mocking people about how hard their games are, as though that's some virtue, or as though making something hard is hard. Making something easy to play that flows well and grabs you, THAT'S hard.

bread's done
Back