Gamestop.com Daily Deal - 20% off all NEW PS3 games

First 2000 customers ONLY! This will be DEAD FAST.
Tried it on a 4000 pts card, no go... too bad.
Glad to see Gamestop is "trying" different promotions out.
I hope some of them stick.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms of offer subject to change at any time.
No dealers or resellers, please.
This offer is available online only while supplies last.
Valid only on orders shipping within the continental US.
Expires 03/23/10 at 11 am CST.

[quote name='Cindaddy']This whole thing of limiting the number of redemptions is stupid.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has been doing that for how long now??

Gamestop is stepping up, good thing I got in the b1g1 deal.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Amazon has been doing that for how long now??

Gamestop is stepping up, good thing I got in the b1g1 deal.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Gold Box deals? Not the same to me. GS just started adding limits. The daily deals are supposed to be just that. Good for a day. Not for 2000 redemptions. At least that's the way it was until the last week or two.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Are you talking about Gold Box deals? Not the same to me. GS just started adding limits. The daily deals are supposed to be just that. Good for a day. Not for 2000 redemptions. At least that's the way it was until the last week or two.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Gold box/lighting deals. Just because GS is telling you upfront that there is a limit doesn't mean Amazon doesn't have a limit.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Are you talking about Gold Box deals? Not the same to me. GS just started adding limits. The daily deals are supposed to be just that. Good for a day. Not for 2000 redemptions. At least that's the way it was until the last week or two.[/QUOTE]

That's entirely your own assumption--it's just as logical to interpret daily deal as stating that they will have a new deal each day, without any promise as to how long it will last...

I think limiting the number of redemptions is a great business idea by Gamestop.

I've been seeing the "limited on this amount of people" deals spring up constantly and stay active for god knows how many hours. Are we really sure that these deals die out quickly?

Resonance of Fate and Deadly Premonition for $64 is tempting. But I've got a massive backlog. And I picked up a bunch of older games from the B1G1 that haven't arrived.

I might bite.

No. Borderlands new goes for like $30-40 all the time. And from far more respectable companies.

Why didn't you get it during black friday? It was either $30 or $35 then.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']That's entirely your own assumption--it's just as logical to interpret daily deal as stating that they will have a new deal each day, without any promise as to how long it will last...

I think limiting the number of redemptions is a great business idea by Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but my assumption is based on what they've done previously. I'm not just interpreting the word "daily". They have changed what they are offering. Now, if limiting the redemptions means we get better deals, I might go for that.

Hmm already picked up quite a few Xbox games so I'll probably pass on this. Would love to see a PS3 version, now that would be something I could use.

Fable 2 platinum is about the only think I can advocate using this on. I have a pretty hard rule that things should be under $40 with tax and shipping. Gotta add to the backlog pile in cheap ass fashion after all.

[quote name='watcher0']No. Borderlands new goes for like $30-40 all the time. And from far more respectable companies.

Why didn't you get it during black friday? It was either $30 or $35 then.[/QUOTE]
Are you being serious? I didn't think Borderlands ever dropped from MSRP.

[quote name='dieresis']Are you being serious? I didn't think Borderlands ever dropped from MSRP.[/QUOTE]
Right...I've never seen Borderlands for $30

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Is Borderlands worth getting at $47.99 New? Not sure if there will be a better deal anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands is definitely a good deal at that price. It's one of the few games I've paid $60 for, and it is worth it.

I know this'll draw the gamestop hate out, but why would I spend $50 on a new copy when I can get a used copy for $40?

terms and conditions:
Terms of offer subject to change at any time.
No dealers or resellers, please.
This offer is available online only while supplies last.
Valid only on orders shipping within the continentall us.
Expires 03/23/10 at 11 am cst.
Ahhh... the dreaded "Continental" word... as if states #49 and #50 don't exist

[quote name='killer9']http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=796

even better deal buy any of those xbox 360 titles use the code 20XBOX u also get a 10 dollar giftcard its like paying 37.99 for a new game not bad[/QUOTE]

Good call, I might have to pick up Bad Company 2 since I missed the $20 GC from Amazon. Anyone know how these $10 purchases work? Do you get a random code to put in or is it automatically placed in your account like Amazon?

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Good call, I might have to pick up Bad Company 2 since I missed the $20 GC from Amazon. Anyone know how these $10 purchases work? Do you get a random code to put in or is it automatically placed in your account like Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Coupon code for $10 off to your email address. In my experience you can often stack it with other codes, but not _always_. If it doesn't stack, c.s. has always been more than happy to apply it to my order after the fact.

[quote name='killer9']http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=796

even better deal buy any of those xbox 360 titles use the code 20XBOX u also get a 10 dollar giftcard its like paying 37.99 for a new game not bad[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on that, but if you view it that way, remember to consider the $10 off a future purchase as $10 out of your wallet and not as a discount on your next purchase. Better to just think of it as a 360 game now for $47.99+tax and $10 off some future purchase.

Only game on that list that I don't already have that I am even semi interested in is heavy rain. Whats the overall cag community feel. Yay or nay? I keep hearing mixed things but it looked so cool.

the code does not work on ps3 titles but you can use code sporty on the ps3 games it takes 15%off only supposed to work on sports titles but it works on all ps3 tiitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh good point forgot about the fact this code is only for 360 titles..doh now I look stupid..Oh well off to work to make more stupid mistakes..Thanks killer9 for the response.

[quote name='dieresis']Are you being serious? I didn't think Borderlands ever dropped from MSRP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']Right...I've never seen Borderlands for $30[/QUOTE]
I think he might be confusing the 360 version with the PC one. I know for sure the PC version dropped to $30 during Black Friday and Steam's holiday sale. Don't recall the 360 version ever dropping price, either. But I could be wrong and that version also dropped in price during that time as well.

I just tried and the code didn't work for me. Anyone else having problems? Is it dead already?

EDIT: Figured it out. New titles only. I was hoping to get 30% off with edge. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love how everyone bitches when a new deal comes out, whether it's good or bad. I'm assuming it'll never end until GameStop hand delivers games to you on a silver platter.

ohhh sry, another question. does the 10 off next purchase work in stores? just online... there is no restrictions or anything on their site that describe it... assuming it gets emailed to you?

[quote name='MasterSun1']Gotta love how everyone bitches when a new deal comes out, whether it's good or bad. I'm assuming it'll never end until GameStop hand delivers games to you on a silver platter.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's an iridum platter, you can count me as one of those people.

Just because of one assistant manager.

I don't think it did, I remember Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age Origins and a couple other games being around the $35 price range on BF but I think I'd remember Borderlands being THAT cheap.

[quote name='handsomepete']bump, PS3 getting the love today (20PS3 for 20% off new PS3 titles)[/QUOTE]
Yeah except deal is already dead apparently I just tried grabbing Resonance of fate and next to last check out screen it shows as being dead and games full price.

bread's done
Back