Gamestop.com Daily Deal - 20% off all NEW PS3 games

[quote name='blissskr']Yeah except deal is already dead apparently I just tried grabbing Resonance of fate and next to last check out screen it shows as being dead and games full price.[/QUOTE]

Working fine for me, just went all the way to the end of checkout with Resonance of Fate. Did you snag a used copy maybe?

[quote name='handsomepete']Working fine for me, just went all the way to the end of checkout with Resonance of Fate. Did you snag a used copy maybe?[/QUOTE]
*Actually I just tried again and its working now, that was odd.

[quote name='sota2000']Still active.

Just picked up Heavy Rain for $47.99.[/QUOTE]

This is what's I'm looking at also, but I just can't get past the fact that we can get 16% plus edge on used games. Some used copies of this will show up soon. Plus, if there's a B2G1 coming. Ugh....Decisions.

[quote name='hbk']it sucks to live in ny, even with the deal, the tax is over 4 dollars, grrrrr.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, almost bought Yakuza 3, but $52 after coupon, free shipping and tax...not much of a deal. I'd rather wait for it to show up used and use the cag discount code.

Thanks for the update, OP. I had decided to wait on RoF for the 360 yesterday and get it for the PS3. Picked it up with the code and paid for it with store credit I got from the 50% bonus.

I just picked up Resonance of fate for the PS3 today too using the coupon code and my credit from the 50% bonus promo. Not bad. Thanks for the heads up

i tried the xbox code just now and got to step 4 and i got this message "20XBOX - 20% off all in-stock XBOX 360 titles. Valid for first 2,000 customers only. Expires 11:59 am on 3/24/10".
so maybe the xbox code still works?

I really like Sega and the All Stars Racing. Just tossing that out there-- 39.99 with the 10 dollar future coupon is the best price I've seen for it, although apparently the game is used for 34.99 at Gamestop. Hadn't checked to make sure, though.

I think Heavy Rain is worth the full price of admission.

This is better than my employee 15% discount, but sadly I can't stack that online because i have no way of applying it that I know of.

Man if I could... :O

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. I was able to get Heavy Rain for $22.17 after using up my gift card.

Heavy Rain is not worth it in my opinion. The first playthrough, if you have kept yourself spoiler-free, is fantastic but only takes about 8 hours. After that it's just tweaking various elements to see the other endings. I saw every ending and platinum'd the game in three days then returned to Gamestop (mine had three used copies as of a couple weeks ago)

[quote name='Trudy']Is it worth it to get Heavy Rain for 20% off, or wait for a better deal? Your input is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Heavy rain is awesome, beat it in 5 days while playing in 2 hour intervals. I'm gonna wait and beat some other games, then come back to heavy rain later. What's cool is that the choices you make aren't clear cut. I was talking to my friend, and he told me he arrested a character in the game, I didn't even know that could happen.

Would have been nice to use this in conjunction with my credit on Sonic and Sega All Star Racing, but I have already purchased it on Amazon. Oh well, no other games I want as of this moment.

[quote name='husyk']I'll have to try this when I get home, want NGS2, Heavy Rain or GOW3.[/QUOTE]

I had waited on Amazon and finally got one for $30 w/ $4 shipping. Used in like new condition. Just telling you this because 20% off $60 new is still a lot more than what you can find that specific title for.

Happy hunting :p

[quote name='JPizz']Is the $10 gift card automatic or do you have to enter a code? I only ask because there is no mention of the gift card on my order confirmation.[/QUOTE]

From the Dante's Inferno PS3 page:
"Purchase this game and receive a code good for $10 off your next online purchase. Limited time offer. Only available online at GameStop.com. $10 coupons will be sent within 2 business days from time of purchase."

So it doesn't show up immediately.

[quote name='TheKbob']I had waited on Amazon and finally got one for $30 w/ $4 shipping. Used in like new condition. Just telling you this because 20% off $60 new is still a lot more than what you can find that specific title for.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but for some of us who have a bunch of GameStop credit lying around (because I rarely buy anything there anymore), this is a nice deal.

$52 after tax on Just Cause 2, not a good deal. I'll get the PC version for $40 at GoGamer or just wait for the price to plummet in a month.

[quote name='Tsukento']I think he might be confusing the 360 version with the PC one. I know for sure the PC version dropped to $30 during Black Friday and Steam's holiday sale. Don't recall the 360 version ever dropping price, either. But I could be wrong and that version also dropped in price during that time as well.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I double-checked. I got Borderlands and Magna Carta 2 during Black Friday week (Nov 26th) with the buy 2 get $40 off select titles deal. I got both for $37.98 before tax. So I effectively got it for under $20. I also snagged Dragon Age (PC) for $35 or less the next day with some other stuff. (All these cheap

[quote name='husyk']Ordered Heavy Rain, came to $50.39 after Tax, plus a $50 gift card, I ended up paying $0.39.[/QUOTE]

actually you paid $50.39 gift cards aren't free money, you probably had to trade in $200 + in games to get that $50 ;)

[quote name='bigsick']Gamestop.com has some god of war 3 ultimate editions in. I just ordered with the 20 percent off for 79.99 + tax[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up GOD 3 UE and MLB The Show 10. I had $2.35 on my edge card. So was able to both for $136.83.

[quote name='havuk']actually you paid $50.39 gift cards aren't free money, you probably had to trade in $200 + in games to get that $50 ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually it was a $50 gift card from my aunt, I trade my games on goozex, I don't deal with gamestop.

[quote name='vherub']that math doesn't make sense, buy 2 get 40 off would be $80 total.[/QUOTE]

You assume they started at MSRP. Black friday week is a magical time for prices. :whee:

bread's done
Back