GameStop.com Daily Deal: Bayonetta (360/PS3) $34.99

Cuksis

CAGiversary!
Purchase Bayonetta on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 for on $34.99!

Step 1:
Add Bayonetta to your cart.

STEP 2:
Enter coupon code SAVER into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page to receive free value shipping.
Note: Only one code allowed per checkout.

STEP 3:
Proceed to checkout as normal. Your discount will be applied at checkout!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms of offer subject to change at any time. No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is available online only while supplies last. Valid only on orders shipping within the continental US. Online only. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 06/03/10 at 11 am CST.
Purchase Bayonetta on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 for only $34.99!

LINK

PS3 version is $36.99 on Amazon so probably saving a couple cents there from tax.

Swear I've seen this cheaper before too.

what a meh deal! it was $39.99 during Game Days, and I thought that was too high, it was even one that I never saw get reduced. Had this been $24.99 or $20 I would have grabbed it to complete my PS3 Quadruple-Threat-3rd-Person-Brawler collection, (Darksiders, Dante's Inferno, GoW3, Bayonetta) it's the only one I don't have

This game is awesome, and completely takes a shit on God of War series IMO. Be warned however, the 360 version is superior in framerate and load times.

[quote name='TheToE']This game is awesome, and completely takes a shit on God of War series IMO. Be warned however, the 360 version is superior in framerate and load times.[/QUOTE]

the load time on ps3 improved after the update

[quote name='token2k6']what a meh deal! it was $39.99 during Game Days, and I thought that was too high, it was even one that I never saw get reduced. Had this been $24.99 or $20 I would have grabbed it to complete my PS3 Quadruple-Threat-3rd-Person-Brawler collection, (Darksiders, Dante's Inferno, GoW3, Bayonetta) it's the only one I don't have[/QUOTE]

Well, you'll happy to know it's the best one out of all of those games by a golden country mile.

Bayonetta better than GoW? Yeah, suuure. And no, that's not fanboyism talking. I only started playing the GoW series back in March, I had played Bayonetta back in January. GoW is the much better games.

I honestly expected this would keep plummeting in price considering how fast it hit $35, but it seems to be holding at this price. $35 is still too expensive for this game. $20 is the way to go for it.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Bayonetta better than GoW? Yeah, suuure. And no, that's not fanboyism talking. I only started playing the GoW series back in March, I had played Bayonetta back in January. GoW is the much better games.
[/QUOTE]

yeah, for a lot of reasons. GoW is fun in that retarded action movie way. Bayonetta has much deeper combat and a ridiculous amount of replayability.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Bayonetta better than GoW? Yeah, suuure. And no, that's not fanboyism talking. I only started playing the GoW series back in March, I had played Bayonetta back in January. GoW is the much better games.

[/QUOTE]

No fanboyism says the guy with Kratos in his sig. Everyone has their own opinions and I happen to agree that Bayonetta does indeed shit all over God of War. Better action, weapons, moves, and challenge. I personally played the game through 3 times sold it off and rebought it used for $20 with plans of going through a fourth, great replay value.

I bought Bayonetta (360) at launch and played through it five times; by far my favorite game of the year. I was also really pumped for God of War 3, so I picked that up at launch too. GOW3 looks amazing, but the combat/gameplay feels very last-gen. I'm not saying it sucks. It's just not nearly as deep or as polished as Bayonetta.

And yes, my avatar is Bayonetta. Having played through the game several times, I am now an official Bayonetta fanboy.

I bit on this earlier. Used my $10 coupon from buying a used SSFIV and I have tons of credit. I have yet to play this and have heard nothing but great things about it.

Hey it's opinion and it's subjective, but there's no denying that Bayonetta has a deeper combat system and that's what draws me to it over the GoW series. I haven't loved an action game since Ninja Gaiden Black and I definitely fell in love with Bayonetta. It's a much more lively and interesting world... and I'll take Bayonetta's crazy antics (and body) over the steroid riddled, adolescent pissed-offedness of Kratos any day.

I bought this for $20 at a video store months ago. Though I'm not surprised the price is holding. It's a great game.

Yeah, I actually bought it for $20 too. I believe that GOW3 is good and that Bayonetta still has things which make me not want to think it is better than GOW except the story is less Greek mythology and rather about religion/fantasy which is unique since I was a little turned off by that in the beginning. Now, if anyone knows of a good deal on buying GOW3 that would be great.

At least pre-owned is $32.99. If you add a pre-order for a $59.99 game to the cart, you'll get 25% off with 25DEAL. And if you have Edge, that'll bring the total to just over $23, and you can get free value shipping with SAVER. That's not too bad of a deal.

[quote name='62t']the load time on ps3 improved after the update[/QUOTE]

Yup, update the game and let it fly!:lol:
Decent game but not as good as GoW IMO

Remember that Kmart had this for $30 a month or so ago, when I got it (and still haven't opened it). And some Targets clearance the PS3 version as low as 14.98.

Definitely an awesome game. Got it back when it released at Toysrus with that buy 2 and get a 60 dollar GC. Got this and Darksiders for 30$ each since I had a 60$ GC. Most definitely worth it. Batman Arkham Asylum and Bayonetta have two of the best combat systems Ive ever seen in a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Amazon had this game as Deal of the Day (May 14), it was going for $32.99 (I bought it there, used a credit), in those times the game was normally going for over $50. Gotta love Amazon ^^

[quote name='glemtvapen']35? I'll bite if its 30.
(still kicking myself for missing the Kmart deal last month) :wall:[/QUOTE]
Can't you use one of those $10 coupons to make it $25?

God of War 3 on Hard was easier than Bayonetta on Normal. Just for difficulty sake.

Bayonetta is my current attempt to Platinum, and it's proving to be quite a pain in the ass. However, it's relentless like Devil May Cry, so don't mix them up. Comparing Bayonetta to God of War isn't fair, because they're completely different styles. Compare it to Devil May Cry.

And as it was stated earlier.. Bayonetta runs just fine on PS3 after the patch, and runs even better if you install it. It's not as smooth as the 360, but it's not THAT far behind, and it's still pretty damn fast.

[quote name='xilly']God of War 3 on Hard was easier than Bayonetta on Normal. Just for difficulty sake.[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for that. When I first picked up Bayonetta I started on Normal. Shit completely fucked with my concept of difficulty settings and caused me to play through the first two GoW's on Easy. I hadn't played many action games so I just presumed the Normal modes on such titles were very difficult... only to find myself breezing through the GoW series in result and realizing it's not the action genre, it's Bayonetta.

Seriously, if you're a noob and think Bayonetta will be a cake walk on Normal simply cause there's several more difficulty settings above it, think again. Bayonetta is a hardcore game, don't think it as less cause you'll get a gun-equipped boot in your face.

Also, just to clarify, I have nothing against Bayonetta, I just like GoW more. I really wanna pick up Bayonetta, but my cheapness is telling me to wait.

I do have to say I hope Gamestop continues to do their own Deal of the Day thing. Even if the deal isn't that great, it keeps Amazon on its toes. I mean for the past few weeks, excluding today, it seems like they've mostly just had shovelware and downloadable games as their DOTDs.

Well I guess they did have Guild Wars too.

[quote name='TheToE']This game is awesome, and completely takes a shit on God of War series IMO. Be warned however, the 360 version is superior in framerate and load times.[/QUOTE]

If you can stomach the main character, that is.

Great game, meh price. Hardly what I would call some massive deal, especially since we're seeing brand new games drop to 40-45 AT release pretty much. Worth it though, I guess. Nice try I guess, gamestop?

[quote name='Buuhan1']Bayonetta better than GoW? Yeah, suuure. And no, that's not fanboyism talking. I only started playing the GoW series back in March, I had played Bayonetta back in January. GoW is the much better games.[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to your opinion but the vast majority of hardcore hack n slasher will tell you that Gaiden > Bayonetta > GoW 1,2,3. People who think the other way around, yourself included, is just a casual button masher and GoW series is the ultimate for your kind. Try to mash in any Gaiden games and you won't even pass the first level's boss.

[quote name='xilly']Bayonetta is my current attempt to Platinum, and it's proving to be quite a pain in the ass. [/QUOTE]

I got 1000gs on this game. It's not that hard coming from someone who plays the Ninja Gaiden series on Master Ninja difficulty. That series for me is nearly impossible to get 1000gs or platium trophy.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Remember that Kmart had this for $30 a month or so ago, when I got it (and still haven't opened it). And some Targets clearance the PS3 version as low as 14.98.[/QUOTE]

and PC Richard had the 360 version for $20 + $2 shipping a month ago.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']I bought Bayonetta (360) at launch and played through it five times; by far my favorite game of the year. I was also really pumped for God of War 3, so I picked that up at launch too. GOW3 looks amazing, but the combat/gameplay feels very last-gen. I'm not saying it sucks. It's just not nearly as deep or as polished as Bayonetta.

And yes, my avatar is Bayonetta. Having played through the game several times, I am now an official Bayonetta fanboy.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing as you, bought both at launch but sold my copy of GoW3 right after I ran through it once... so boring. It felt less than last gen, more like 2 gens ago. Last gen, we had the ultimate Ninja Gaiden/Black which still holds its own this gen.

QUADRUPLE POST?!? Use multi-quote! :roll:

Anyway, I'm dying to play this game but knowing that it can *potentially* be had for only $15 from Target is making me hold off on any deals I see.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I got 1000gs on this game. It's not that hard coming from someone who plays the Ninja Gaiden series on Master Ninja difficulty. That series for me is nearly impossible to get 1000gs or platium trophy.[/QUOTE]

I finished it on normal, and never bought any of the techniques. After buying all of the techniques, it's not NEARLY as challenging as it was previously.

[quote name='xilly']I finished it on normal, and never bought any of the techniques. After buying all of the techniques, it's not NEARLY as challenging as it was previously.[/QUOTE]

and after you buy some of the accessories, it's a breeze even on climax difficulty. i might start a new game with jeanne just to reset all my purchases and make the game harder.

bread's done
Back