Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I unable to use my $20 off coupon code and SAVER ? I got them both in but went to checkout the $20 went away.

Edit : Just saw that I had 2 post in a row. Sorry.

About using the halo reach 20 dollar credit, it said you have to buy something thats at least 20 dollars. So would i be able to buy a 19.99 1600 points card or play n charge kit? It would be over 20 after tax and shipping. Or does the original price have to be 20 or more?

I believe it needs to be $20 BEFORE tax/shipping but you just can try it and see if it works, if it doesn't just add a $1 game or something to it.

Edit : Finally worked.

I ordered FIFA 11

Used my $20 Coupon from Reach and SAVER.

With tax it came out to be $42.

$42 for FIFA 11 is amazing!

Now , I just hope the SAVER shipping doesn't take FOREVER! :(

I put in an order for Sonic Colors and Mario Sports this afternoon (planning on canceling/returning Mario Sports). I really wanted the Sonic hat and Sonic Colors, but I didn't want to pay full price on release day, so this worked out perfect for me. I'll be putting in pre-orders for the two new Pokemon games and a $30 one tonight or tomorrow, once I figure out what $30 game I want is coming up. :p

EDIT: Forgot to mention the code I used was 20DOWN- but that should be obvious.

lol i order the medal of honor and gotten the BFBC 2 for 50% off with the coupon so when i saw that Ship914 i e-mailed them askin if they can put it on my medal of honor and here what they said to me

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We have upgraded your shipping to overnight shipping on this order as a one time courtesy. In the future to apply a new coupon code you will need to cancel the order and reorder with the coupon code you would like to use.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Sweet, I locked those in during the 25% off code- I just shot an e-mail to C.S. in hopes they'll apply the code to the order. I'll let you all know if it works. :D[/QUOTE]

Hey everyone I was wanting to take advantage of the 20down promo and I put in a PS Move bundle and a $.99 used game. Why doesn't it take off the $20 its supposed to. Don't tell me move is excluded... :(

[quote name='lhfan04']Hey everyone I was wanting to take advantage of the 20down promo and I put in a PS Move bundle and a $.99 used game. Why doesn't it take off the $20 its supposed to. Don't tell me move is excluded... :([/QUOTE]

"Coupon 20DOWN - $20 off any order $100 or more. Online only. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles, bundles or limted/collector's editions. Expires 9/30/10 11:59PM."

NOTE FOR THOSE THAT WERE PISSED ABOUT 20DOWN not working on PS3 Move Bundle (Or any Pre-Orders for that matter):

The reason 20DOWN or most coupons didn't work on PS3 Move Bundle is because 1) it is a bundle and 2) it is a pre-order item. Here's something to think about:

This morning I scored the PS3 Move Bundle for $84.99+tax using the "TGS" daily deal for 15% off 1 PS3 game.

--->Yes, when move went from a Pre-order to In-Stock, the coupon then was allowed to apply to the bundle. 20DOWN still didn't work because it still restricts bundles. I know its $15 off and not $20, but hey, beats retail price!

Oh well, the coupon is now defunct. Just remember this for the release of the upcoming games: if there is a percentage off coupon, use it the morning of the release rather than pre-ordering the game.

P.S. I called them up and told them I was anxious to get it and they courtesy upgraded me to overnight shipping as well!

***********New code**********

Ship928
Free overnight shipping on the following titles

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS
WII PARTY
NEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT
VANQUISH
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS
POWER GIG RISE OF THE SIXSTRING
ARCANIA GOTHIC 4
POKEMON RANGER GUARDIAN SIGNS
DEADRISING 2

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']Edit : Finally worked.

I ordered FIFA 11

Used my $20 Coupon from Reach and SAVER.

With tax it came out to be $42.

$42 for FIFA 11 is amazing!

Now , I just hope the SAVER shipping doesn't take FOREVER! :([/QUOTE]

And I bet you considered Halo Reach to be 42 dollars as well. LOL

[quote name='killer9']***********New code**********

Ship928

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS
WII PARTY
VANQUISH
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS
ARCANIA GOTHIC 4
DEADRISING 2

[/QUOTE]

Whenever I add this coupon, regardless of what's in my cart, the page simply refreshes and doesn't add the coupon... Would it be possible to submit a SAVE50 order (preorder + 50% off used game), and email customer service asking about free overnight on the preorder since it won't work?

[quote name='killer9']***********New code**********

Ship928

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS
WII PARTY
VANQUISH
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS
ARCANIA GOTHIC 4
DEADRISING 2

[/QUOTE]

Damn they removed 2K11 From that list.

Hey guys. I have a bunch of the UFC contest codes that are supposed to give you $10 off an order but only do 10% instead. I think you're supposed to contact customer service for them to correct it (can anyone confirm this?) The email says they expire 10/1, so I am offloading them here in case anyone wants to use them. I'd rather do PMs for the codes so the lurkers don't take them, but I don't have the time to wait for and respond to them before they expire, so here goes. Please post if you use them and which ones

deleted used ones, added 1 new one

GQT3X61
0RX77K7

Anyone know of the b2g1 used deal that is being emailed out will work if I buy 6 games?

***edit I know 6 games is way to much to buy in one sitting but I just bought a ps3 and I really dont have allot

Question - I applied a $37 gift card to an order that got canceled, but I threw the gift card away. It's not anywhere on my account - Am I screwed out of that $37 in credit?

Well, I still have the order page where it shows the credit is applied. I emailed them, and gave them the order number, so hopefully they let me slide... I also lost my brand new Edge card that I didn't even apply online yet. -_- As well as my whole wallet and 26 bucks cash. -_- Ugh...

The physical card. My whole wallet was lost. I just got that Edge card and didn't yet input the number online so I can use it with those nice used sales online.

Tell me about it. I had a breakdown this morning but got through it because I went and got a new driver's license, my Visa came in the mail, got another School ID made, and also got my 3 books for my classes at school. Finally, I may have a job coming my way soon, which means money... which means I'm gonna keep building my collection.. and start getting tats.

I used GQ6FVD5, thank you very much gryphter. Was able to get $6 off the Atelier Rorona Limited Edition set, which I was hoping to pick up soon because I didn't want it to sell out. Thank you again!

Just an FYI - I'm not sure if it's part of the codes not working properly or anything, but I was able to reuse the above code GQ6FVD5 and it said that it expired on 10/31/10. Also, I didn't call in and have them take off $10 instead as I used the 10% off to pre-order the DJ Hero 2 party bundle.

For those interested - it comes out to $134.99 for the party bundle (which includes the game, two turntables, and a mic).

EDIT*: It also comes with a Pre-order bonus carrying bag from PUMA. ^_^

If anyone is interested i found a couple codes from www.mrrebates.com for gamestop.

DR2 - Buy Dead Rising 2 and get a $15 coupon towards a future game purchase(expires 10/4)
15FROM75 - Spend $75 on In-stock merchandise and get a $15 coupon towards a future game purchase(expires 10/15)
25POFF -Order any in-stock $59.99+ game and get 25% off a $49.99+ game.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']If anyone is interested i found a couple codes from www.mrrebates.com for gamestop.

DR2 - Buy Dead Rising 2 and get a $15 coupon towards a future game purchase(expires 10/4)
15FROM75 - Spend $75 on In-stock merchandise and get a $15 coupon towards a future game purchase(expires 10/15)
25POFF -Order any in-stock $59.99+ game and get 25% off a $49.99+ game.[/QUOTE]

Codes worked. Thank you.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Question - I applied a $37 gift card to an order that got canceled, but I threw the gift card away. It's not anywhere on my account - Am I screwed out of that $37 in credit?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, they will send the credit on a new gift card, via regular mail. You should email or call to check and make sure it didn't slip through the cracks though. They are usually good about this sort of thing. My hard drive crashed recently and I lost my emails that had game credit codes in them (from preorders). I emailed them and told the, the situation and they sent me new codes ($30 worth) with no hassle/problems.

Mmm, that GQ6FVD5 worked for 10% off pre orders still, like Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 CE. Thank you much! Also stacked with SAVER for free ground

Just ran into a strange website glitch. None of my orders are showing on the Order History page. I REALLY hope they haven't been wiped, since I still have quite a few games with coupon codes attached to them. Anyone ever had something like it happen?

bread's done
Back