GameStop.com MLB 2k10 Download $3 Opening Day Only (April 5th)

[quote name='tightclaws']Has anyone gotten this game to work with this deal for 2.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have with no problems buying or downloading.

[quote name='UberSwiss']It sure is. Did you end up sending an e-mail to someone?[/QUOTE]

Ya, I sent an email to the corporate board of gamestop. I just copied the email address that one poster put up a few pages back. :/ I've heard nothing though back.

[quote name='tightclaws']Has anyone gotten this game to work with this deal for 2.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes, bought, downloaded, installed, activated, and blown a good 6 hrs playing so far. Seems to work pretty good with an xbox 360 controller on the PC, once in a blue moon the buttons won't register right (starting a pitching career after playing a quick pickup game), but restarting the game fixed it.

Anyone got any hitting tips? I think my timing just sucks.

[quote name='kayatai']Yes, bought, downloaded, installed, activated, and blown a good 6 hrs playing so far. Seems to work pretty good with an xbox 360 controller on the PC, once in a blue moon the buttons won't register right (starting a pitching career after playing a quick pickup game), but restarting the game fixed it.

Anyone got any hitting tips? I think my timing just sucks.[/QUOTE]

The batting is hard! The only thing ive been doing is paying attention to the speed of pitches the pitcher has (it shows it when you take the plate) and try to time it right and not swing pitches outside the strike zone.

working great for me too, this was one of the best CAG deals of the year, fun game, hitting just takes some practice, do the HR derby a few times to get timing, also using 360 usb works great.

I can't get my windows 7 laptop to recognize my xbox360 elite controller. Its a wireless but I'm trying to connect it via a Play n' Charge kit. Any help?

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I think you need the wireless receiver for wireless pads.[/QUOTE]

You, and it's not sold separately anymore. It's only sold with a wireless pad. I think the set retails for $59.99 but sells for $39.99 at Amazon. I like it, but the receiver can be a little finicky with the USB port. A simpler solution is just to buy a wired 360 pad.

[quote name='dabamus']Just got an email from the customer support lead at TryMedia. He gave me a code worth $35 to cover the purchase of a download and the download insurance. Apparently my message got through to the corporate board! :)

EDIT: here's the abridged version of the email(with the code and instructions cut out along with names)[/QUOTE]

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 4 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
MLB 2K10

Discussion Thread
Response (xxx) 04/06/2010 03:04 PM
Hello Andy,

My name is xxx and I am the customer service lead at Trymedia. I received your email regarding your recent purchase attempts for MLB 2K10. From the looks of it, the initial order got flagged as possible fraud by our system. Because of this, each subsequent order was also flagged and denied. This does result in an authorization on your account, which will be returned once it expires. Usually the authorizations expire after 3-7 days, however, it depends on your banks policy. Ultimately, you will get each failed transaction back in your account.

Since you were not able to take advantage of the $2.99 deal for MLB 2K10, I am offering a coupon worth $35 which will cover the cost of the game plus download insurance.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Huh... I just got this email too. I'll try it to see if I can get it to work when I get home from work. Question from those who got their cards to go thru? What company's card did you use or what bank card did you use? I wanna make sure I can DL it this time.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Huh... I just got this email too. I'll try it to see if I can get it to work when I get home from work. Question from those who got their cards to go thru? What company's card did you use or what bank card did you use? I wanna make sure I can DL it this time.[/QUOTE]

Wha? This whole situation is just frustrating. Would it be too much to ask for you to print screen the e-mail and blank out any personal information?

[quote name='Raul0923']I can't get my windows 7 laptop to recognize my xbox360 elite controller. Its a wireless but I'm trying to connect it via a Play n' Charge kit. Any help?[/QUOTE]

yup.. as others mentioned. play n charge wont work.

Either get the $20.00 wireless receiver or try a wired pad

I emailed using their form right when the problem happened on Monday and I left a message at their phone number for NOTtryingveryhardmedia.com and didn't get a coupon let alone a reply to either. Guess I'll ask again for satisfaction and see if I'll get a coupon on the second time around.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Wha? This whole situation is just frustrating. Would it be too much to ask for you to print screen the e-mail and blank out any personal information?[/QUOTE]

Sure.
untitled.jpg

Still nothing other than "rest assured we are fixing our ordering process" ... I want the game at the $2.99 price that I tried to order several times :(

Sorry.. for no update. My PC had a virus so I wanted to clear everything up before I put in my CC info. Anyone who got the game to work can they tell me what kind of CC they used? I wanna try and dl it today.

I'm thinking about calling GS and TM customer support after the bullshit email they sent me about getting a download for free, and then no response for the email reply I sent.

bread's done
Back