Gamestop.com - Sony Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset $80 + Tax/Shipping AC

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Alright,

It's gamestop... I know. But right now they currently have the best price on the new Sony Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headphones (After Coupon of course).

Use coupon: 20ACC to save 20% on all in stock accessories.

I put an order in yesterday and waited until it shipped to post this so that I could verify that they weren't cancelling orders that used the coupon.

I hope this helped save someone a few bucks that was on the fence.

LINK

Thanks for the post, GBA. I know it's only the 3rd-best price for these so far, but right now it's the best, and GS credit is pretty easy to come by. Just traded in about $150 worth to grab the GoW3 Lancer bundle from GS.com, but maybe soon I'll run over to a BBV, and grab some more cheap credit to snag these with.

I got lucky and got a pair on Amazon for $65. Used them for the first time last night.

I have a pair of X41's but it's a pain to change the audio settings on the PS3 back & forth between HDMI audio output & optical audio output.

With these you can leave the transmitter/dongle in the PS3, turn on the headset & it kills the HDMI audio output and only uses the headphones. Turn off the headset & the HDMI sound comes back on automatically. The sound quality is pretty good & they are comfortable. I haven't used the built in Mic yet so can't comment on that.

Thanks for this. After tax and shipping wound up being $92. Not terrible and cheaper than buying it at Best Buy for ~$110 after tax.

Of course this means another sale is around the corner on this item.

Edit Looks like Amazon got theirs back in stock now, $99 though but for the faster more reliable shipping for $8 more I switched my order to Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the x41's and i thought the sound on this "official" headset was terrible...very bass heavy, no specific direction was distinguishable...just poor sound in general...i'm returning mine to amazon, maybe i got a bad pair. i had to switch back to my TB's last night though...i heard people approaching on black ops but had no idea which direction they were coming from...and yes, i tried stereo and the "virtual 7.1" mode...

[quote name='Toaster Driver']I have the x41's and i thought the sound on this "official" headset was terrible...very bass heavy, no specific direction was distinguishable...just poor sound in general...i'm returning mine to amazon, maybe i got a bad pair. i had to switch back to my TB's last night though...i heard people approaching on black ops but had no idea which direction they were coming from...and yes, i tried stereo and the "virtual 7.1" mode...[/QUOTE]

Lol.. it's funny how particular different people are. On the other thread people complained about the bass being too weak and here you are saying they are too heavy.

I'm not putting you or your opinion down; it just always amazes me when it comes to picture/sound quality how one person can love something and someone else find 100 different things wrong with it.

i know! i've read reviews that said the same...not sure if it's just different people expect different things or if it's a lack of consistency in production...

i'm exchanging mine through amazon and ebaying them off to make a few bucks towards the PX5's i just ordered :)

[quote name='Toaster Driver']i know! i've read reviews that said the same...not sure if it's just different people expect different things or if it's a lack of consistency in production...

i'm exchanging mine through amazon and ebaying them off to make a few bucks towards the PX5's i just ordered :)[/QUOTE]

You will love the PX5s :D

That coupon works for the Turtle Beach PX5's, too. I really want a pair but I don't want to pay over $150. With that coupon it knocks them down the $199.99 which is still more expensive than me ordering them off of Newegg which is $212.99 with no tax and free shipping.

Thanks OP, I had $43 in credit that I used on this. Was saving it for Uncharted 3 but that's another two months away, probably build up some more credit by then or get it elsewhere.

bread's done
Back