Gamestop.com verification call?

LethaL ImpuLse

CAG Veteran
I recently ordered something off of Gamestop.com and just got an email asking me to call them or reply for an appropriate time to call them for verification.. is this normal? Seems sort of like a weird measure and just wondering if anyone has got this before. I plan on calling them tomorrow when they're open but just hoping this doesn't mean anything's wrong with my order.

There was probably some trouble verifying the address linked with your credit card. It's standard practice to have you call in to verify the info when this happens. They shouldn't ask for the actual CC info just address verification.

[quote name='Shady3011']There was probably some trouble verifying the address linked with your credit card. It's standard practice to have you call in to verify the info when this happens. They shouldn't ask for the actual CC info just address verification.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they'll give you a call if the shipping and billing addresses don't match, just to be sure.

Called them at least 10 times today, and every time some automated message answers asking you to leave your number so they can call you back. Left a message, they never called. Called throughout the whole day and no one answered. Pretty terrible service if you ask me. Ended up canceling my order.

bread's done
Back