Gamestop deal of the week GH III & RB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd get Guitar Hero III but I have a feeling most of the songs I'll want will be on this Greatest Hits thing coming out, plus I'll be able to play them on all of the instruments instead of just guitar.

But thanks for the heads up OP

I've been waiting for Rock Band to fall cheaper. I've had Rock Band 2 but always wanted to pick up the first one. I might just bite.

[quote name='Burchamj']can i use an xbox 360 GHII wired controller with rockband? andx would it be worth it without mic or drums?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can.

And you probably also have a mic--you can use the 360 headset.

[quote name='Burchamj']can i use an xbox 360 GHII wired controller with rockband? andx would it be worth it without mic or drums?[/quote]

Depends - it would be just like playing Guitar Hero but with different songs and visuals.

So if you like playing Guitar Hero than yeah it's worth it

[quote name='CombatCraig']I'd get Guitar Hero III but I have a feeling most of the songs I'll want will be on this Greatest Hits thing coming out, plus I'll be able to play them on all of the instruments instead of just guitar.

But thanks for the heads up OP[/quote]

Yes, but you are also talking about $12 vs. $60. FYI, the "greatest hits" disc is a standalone. You won't be able to integrate them with the World Tour songs and DLC.

Finally RB hits the magic price point. This should make my girlfriend quite happy...she seems to like RB better then GH for some reason. Thanks, OP! :twisted:

Looks like I might have to pick up RB1. I've been trying to find anyone I know that has it for PS3 so I could just do the $5 import to RB2.

RB is better than GH. GH3 is better than GHWT. The Greatest hits probaly won't include the best songs. No greatest hits does. The best songs to put in the greatest hits would be the last tier songs and some of the bonus songs. They won't just put all the hard songs in however. There is nothing wrong with that though. Other songs are fun too. Just not as fun. Also everyone knows that there are going to be songs that are put in that know one wants. I also hope that they don't skimp on the songs. They should have around 85 songs.

[quote name='arcurifisher']This weeks deal of the week will be guitar hero III 360 ps3 and Rock Band 360 Ps3 for 14.99 (12.99 with edge card I believe) all used.[/quote]

called up, so that starts friday i guess?? sweeeet i'll be there early!

I just bought GH3 with guitar at Radioshack for $20, and traded in RB a few weeks ago. Since I already have the game save for the latter, I'll just get RB2 when it comes down in price and do the $5 song import thing. Nice deals, though.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I'd bite on Rockband, I'll just need drums and a Mic. Anyone know if the Logitech PS2 (USB) mics work with the 360/Rockband?[/QUOTE]
I've been using my ancient Logitech mic from Karaoke Revolution vol. 2 and have used a Logitech PC headset. In addition, I've used the original Logitech PS2 headset on the 360 American Idol Karaoke Revolution. What did not work was a non-Logitech USB PC mic (I think it was a Shure), but maybe YMMV on that depending on the model.

Regular used price for the 360 version of Rock Band is $29.99, so if they're selling it for $14.99, it'd be $11.99 + tax with EDGE.

$12 in credit to replace my imported RB1 songs I lost in my HDD mishap?

And at last check, it still trades in for $7?

Nice!

[quote name='ChessPieceFace']Yes, Logitech Vantage USB mics work with the 360 Rock Band. The one I'm using was packaged for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dafunkk12']I've been using my ancient Logitech mic from Karaoke Revolution vol. 2 and have used a Logitech PC headset. In addition, I've used the original Logitech PS2 headset on the 360 American Idol Karaoke Revolution. What did not work was a non-Logitech USB PC mic (I think it was a Shure), but maybe YMMV on that depending on the model.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks ... now if I could only get the Donkey Konga Bongos to work with it I'd be all set. :lol:

The whole ad is up.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/030609/default.aspx

Price Drops:
Guitar Hero World Tour (Full Set - PS3, 360, Wii) - $169.99
Guitar Hero World Tour (Full Set - PS2) - $159.99
Call of Duty World at War (360 and PS3) - $49.99
Wireless Force Driving Wheel (PS2 and PS3) - $49.99

Used Deal of the Week:
Rockband and Guitar Hero III (360 and PS3 only) - $14.99 each

Reserve Deals:
Ready 2 Rumble Wii - Get a free t-shirt
Wanted: Weapons of Fate - Limited Edition Wanted comic issue #1

Can't find the coupon yet.

[quote name='Burchamj']can i use an xbox 360 GHII wired controller with rockband? andx would it be worth it without mic or drums?[/QUOTE]

any thing guitar hero from legends of rock and before will work on rock band

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back