GameStop DVD's/Blu-Rays/Hd-DVDS For Sale 75% Off!

toocool17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
I just went to my local Gamestop and all the dvds were 75% off, plus if you add the edge card it is 85% off. I am not sure how long this is lasting, and sorry if this is a repost. I just thought I would give you the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's YMMV.

I went to a Gamestop I have never been before about 10 days ago. They had a sign up for the buy one get four free on DVDs, but they no longer carry DVDs and the area was for used Gamecube games.

Then a woman came in and wanted to trade in some DVDs, but they no longer do that.

So it will vary with stores as they try to get rid of the movies and only worry about games.

It's 85% off if your store has DVD's. Theres a larger thread in game deals because its also 85% off GBA games: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204798

I just grabbed some $220 worth of stuff for $33

Sopranos Season 4 = 4.50
Sopranos Season 6 = 5.25
Pee Wees Playhouse Season 2 = 1.95
Friends Best of Season 4 = 0.90
From the Earth to the Moon miniseries = 4.50
Jackie Chans First Strike = 0.90
Rick = 0.90
Short Circuit = 0.90
Eyes Wide Shut = 0.90
M. Nights the Village = 0.90
Walk Hard - bluray = 2.70
Spiderman 3 - bluray = 1.50
Crank - bluray = 3.00
Kung Fu Hustle - bluray = 2.70

total = 33.63

thanks CAG!

It's definitely YMMV-my Game Stop had 10 DVD's left, about 3 months ago, and the rest were sent to some larger stores in the area, and are being phased out. Movie Stop, their DVD division will be selling movies now and they are being cleared out of game stores. Nothing good where I went (tried 3 stores, 2 didn't have any), but definitely worth finding a Movie Stop (go to superpages, as they don't have a website), and/or Game stop in your area.

i dont think movie stop is doing this deal, since all they sell is dvds. that would be like gamestop doing a 75% sale on every thing they have.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Try using the gamestop store locator on Spiderman 3 used Blu-ray.[/quote]

Thank you. Now I know of two stores near me that carry movies. Will report back later if I find anything to score.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']
Sopranos Season 4 = 4.50
Sopranos Season 6 = 5.25
Pee Wees Playhouse Season 2 = 1.95
Friends Best of Season 4 = 0.90
From the Earth to the Moon miniseries = 4.50
Jackie Chans First Strike = 0.90
Rick = 0.90
Short Circuit = 0.90
Eyes Wide Shut = 0.90
M. Nights the Village = 0.90
Walk Hard - bluray = 2.70
Spiderman 3 - bluray = 1.50
Crank - bluray = 3.00
Kung Fu Hustle - bluray = 2.70

total = 33.63
[/quote]

Just made it to another store 50 miles away for:
Alien Quadrilogy 7.50
In Living Color Season 1 - 3.00
Harts War - bluray 2.70
Shaolin Soccer 1.50
Borat 1.50
Roger and Me 0.90

total w/tax 18.25 (+ $6 in gas)

Thanks for the heads up. Went to the one down the street and was able to pick up: Harvey Birdman Season 2, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Season 2, and Walk Hard Blu Ray for 5 bucks a piece...wish I had an edge card. Probably hit up another store tonight.

I ended up scoring 4 blu-rays and 2 hd-dvds (for my friend, who also got 2 blu-rays on top of that). It's funny that the two hd-dvds were the most expensive out of the bunch. I also went to another store who had Spider-Man 3 on blu-ray according to the store locator but they told me all their blu-rays were sent to Movie Stop, including Spider-Man 3, they probably just wanted to buy them for themselves.

American Psycho (Blu-ray) - $2.25
Total Recall (Blu-ray) - $2.70
The Omen (Blu-ray) - $2.25
Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray) - $1.50
Smokin' Aces (HD-DVD) - $2.70
World Trade Center (HD-DVD) - $2.70

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damnit... I forgot how to check online for out of stock things that the B&M stores might have. :lol:[/quote]

You mean clicking the "Show" button at the bottom of the Gamestop.com page?

Aside from some random DVDs I kinda wanted, here's what I snagged for Blu Ray:

Curse of the Golden Flower
The Messengers
Kung Fu Hustle
Deja Vu
Metal Gear Solid 4 making of Blu Ray with soundtrack CD (I'm happy about finding this)
Underworld
Weeds season one
DBZ Broly movie two pack
Michael Clayton
A Scanner Darkly (equally happy)
I Am Legend
Spider Man
Spider Man 2
Spider Man 3
American Psycho

I left some other movies that I may go back for (I was feeling extremely selfish grabbing all of those Blu-Rays, but there were duplicates of some of those)

I really hope I can find a store around me that sells DVDs. Checking for spiderman 3 online isn't looking good for me. We'll see soon.

I had some luck searching under Star Trek, I found one store around me that I got some cheap DVD's from before that might still have DVD's, I'm gonna check them out and I'll let you know

yes, all disc movies are included. even if they dont have them on the floor ask and you could receive. did this and came away with:
Superbad
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3
Full Metal Jacket (no case but i have to order some anyway)
Step Up 2 (.90)
Pans Labyrinth
and like 4 more so its worth asking

So what Anime is good. I dont really follow the stuff. but the one has a bunch of anime and I have no idea what I am looking at.

I enjoyed Howls Moving Castle, as well as some other similar movies....

There is so much there I have no idea but for 15% of the retail used price I might try a few. Someone came in on Sunday and bought them out of seasons... she said he had 45 season sets and it wa under $100 total.

I hope when I get a chance to go to my favorite local GS that they are doing this because they have a few Blu-rays & HD-DVDs (too bad I don't have a HD-DVD player) that I would get since they don't sell DVDs anymore but never had any signage up about any of the buy and get some free promotions for the Blu-rays they have left.

luckily i hit all the stores on sat that i have already hit and knew what they had and what was going to be good so... so far i have spent 150ish total between yesterday and today.

Man, one of my stores had a TON of anime, but it was all parts of a season/series (like 4 episodes per disc), but they didn't have more than two volumes worth of the same anime. I really wanted to buy some, but I didn't want just episodes 5-8 and 13-16 of something. I ended up buying nothing at that store...

At least I scored the following yesterday at my local store:

CNBC Original Documentaries - $.75
The Ultimate Matrix Collection - $5.25
Seinfeld Season 1 - $1.95
Lost Season 1 - $4.50
House of Flying Daggers - $1.20
Fargo - $1.20
A Few Good Men - $.90
Family Guy Volume 2 - $3.75
Die Hard 2 Special Edition - $.90

I'll try one more after work, and maybe one by my parents' homes around Thanksgiving weekend, but I have a feeling that they may be cleaned out after Black Friday if they have the appropriate signage.

went to 2 nearby gs. at the one where they got in a TON but are only putting out so many at a time, i made friends with the manager and he said he would call me when they refill the bin. i also picked up the following

King Kong (HD-DVD) - $1.50
Smallville Season 6 (HD-DVD) - $6
U2: Rattle & Hum (HD-DVD) - $1.95
Jersey Girl (DVD) - $1.05

next one i just got the following

Spiderman 3 (Blu) - $1.50
Hard Boiled (DVD) - $1.50
Robot Chicken Season 1 (DVD) - $3

this sale rules.

Thanks for the early warning, OP, caught all the GS that I could. Only 2 of 5 had BR's and DVDs, but a really great haul. For Blu-ray, all either 2.25 or 2.70:
Stir of Echoes
Transporter 2
M:I 3
The Guardian
PotC:CotBP
The Happening
Happy Feet
Bad Santa
Pathfinder
Flight of the Phoenix

And Hitchcock's Rope for .30 Face/Off for .90

Well here is a simple reference for those looking for Blu-rays. Most are either one of these prices:

$17.99 @ 75% off($13.50) = $4.50 with Edge 10%($1.80) = $2.70

$14.99 @ 75% off($11.25) = $3.75 with Edge 10%($1.50) = $2.25

$12.99 @ 75% off($9.75) = $3.25 with Edge 10%($1.30) = $1.95

$9.99 @ 75% off($7.50) = $2.50 with Edge 10%($1.00) = $1.50

I only ended up getting Spiderman 3 because it was the only Blu-ray at several locations that I went to that had a case. Luckily, for me at the first GS I went to they actually were nice enough to print me up a list of the HD-DVD and Blu-ray that they had for sale. The only thing that sucks is that they are all disc only.

Blu-Ray
$17.99
Alien vs. Predator
Alien vs. Predator: Requirm
Are We There Yet?
Bucket List
Catch and Release
Chicken Little
Delta Farce
Dreamgirls
Enchanted
Eragon
Eye, The
First Sunday
Fool's Gold
Fountain, The
Hairspray
Happy Feet
Man on Fire
Messengers
Monster House
Norbit
Open Season
P.S. I Love You
Premoniton
Pursuit of Happyness
Rambo
Rambo: First Blood
Sentinel, The
Stomp the Yard
Underdog
Vacancy
Wild, The
World Trade Center

$14.99
Blood and Chocolate
Daddy's Little Girls
Flyboys
Nim's Island
Omen, The (2006)
Running with Scissors
RV
Secret Window
Tailor of Panama, The
Terminator

$12.99
Talladega Nights
Visitor, The

$9.99
Spiderman 3

HD-DVD
$17.99
Lucky # Slevin

$9.99
King Kong (They actually had the case to this)

I got 300 (blu-ray)
2 disc spider man (blu ray)
buffy s1
Star Trek:DSN s5
final fantasy 7: AC
Jackass box set
mind of mencia s2
all the blu rays i'm keeping, the only box i'm keeping is deep space 9

all i want is the family guy seasons, xfiles and futurama

pretty much picked clean at the one gamestop by me that still sells dvds. all i was able to get was lethal weapon 2 blu-ray for $2.50. i left a disc only world trade center blu-ray that would've cost around $3. i might have to go back and pick it up just cause its so cheap.

Well, I had no luck at the Gamestop closest to me because the employees didn't even know about sale even the manager. Then, when I try to buy Silent Hill (disc only) they wouldn't let me use my Edge Card because the system was down so I will have to go to another GS to get it adjusted from $4.50 to $2.70. Yes, I am that cheap.

Most of the ones by me had very few DVD's left yesterday. I used the store locator with Spider Man 3 and bought a copy there for $2.50. Everything left was junk that wasn't even worth a dollar to me. I almost picked up Flavor of Love season 1 ($17.99 regular) for my sister but decided not to. The other two stores in the mall had crap left too, they said they stopped taking DVD's in a long time ago and this was all they had left from the back. They did have a couple new Blu-Rays in the mix at one place of good movies, but they told me they were new and not part of the sale.

Picked up

Simpsons Movie
Live Free or Die Hard
Pan's Labyrinth
Chronicles Of Narnia

all Bluray, all $2.70 each. :)

Got WWE Judgment Day 2004, Summerslam 2003 and Beyond the Mat for $7 and change at the GS in Medford, NY. I checked the Shirley, NY GS (in the Pathmark shopping center) and they were picked pretty well except for a glut of Talladega Nights and Spiderman 3 BDs. Since I don't have a BD player, I didn't pick them up.

After seeing this thread, I went to a GS that showed to have Spider-man 3 Blu-ray online, they had a ton of dvds but the only blu was spidey. When I was there the manager said they received all of the dvds from Gamestops in the area, and they had more in the back. This is a GS that didn't have any dvds last time I was there (1-2 months ago).

Here's what I ended up getting:

Friday the 13th Ultimate Ed dvd collection - $6
Die Hard Collection (1-3) - $4.50
Mirage of Blaze Complete Collection - $6
Spider-man 3 (Blu-ray) - $1.50
Tenchi Muyo GXP: police dairy two - $1.20
Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury - $1.20
Basic Instinct: Icepick SE (w/o icepick :cry:) - $0.90
Return of the Living Dead - $1.50
Patton - $1.50

Total: 25.50 (before tax)

Thanks for the heads up CAGers! \\:D/

[quote name='Snake2715']So what Anime is good. I dont really follow the stuff. but the one has a bunch of anime and I have no idea what I am looking at.

I enjoyed Howls Moving Castle, as well as some other similar movies....

There is so much there I have no idea but for 15% of the retail used price I might try a few. Someone came in on Sunday and bought them out of seasons... she said he had 45 season sets and it wa under $100 total.[/quote]
What anime do they have? It's kinda hard to make a suggestion without knowing what they have, there's a lot of anime out there. Go back and write it down if you have to, and us CAG anime fans will help you out. ;)

Cheap anime is so hard to come by.

Been to ONE out of about 10 GS's that even HAD any dvds or blu rays in the past few days... all I picked up was SWAT BluRay, and The Lookout BluRay... had Grand Prix HD-dvd to buy but they couldnt locate the disc... Im jealous of some of the hauls people are getting on here... crazy thing I noticed here at home was when they returned Grand Prix they credited me the 9.99 original price... so I basically got those two movies for free...

Traded in a stack of penny guides to a local store for Burnout Paradise and XMen Children of the Atom

Hit up GS after my run tonight and picked up with credit Silent Hill Origins PSP, Mass Effect, and the AC/DC Rock Band track pack... hope to find some GS's this weekend after my marathon that actually have some movies left... my friend/neighbor who works there gave me a small stack of penny guides and is going to let me rummage through his collection of duplicates for guides this week... I gave him the tip on trading guides into this particular store I trade into (Play n Trade) who for Black friday are going one better than GS and have a B2G2 sale on ALL USED GAMES... INCREDIBLE

You people getting Blu-rays for a few bucks are some lucky bastards. The stores around here either stopped carrying movies long ago, and the ones they still did for awhile sold out of Blu-rays when they started B2G4.

bread's done
Back