GameStop/EB: $5 Off Used Xbox 360 game; 30% Extra Trade-In Credit Coupon through 9/23

[quote name='Brymo']They sure have been skimpy on the deals lately huh?

No B2G1 deals, or even their coupons from GI.

What's up GS/EB?[/QUOTE]

This shouldn't come as a surprise. GS is the anti-christ of gaming retailers. The only reason anyone has sales/promos is because of competition. Seeing as how they bought out their closest competition and other gaming retailers aren't a huge threat they don't have to have as many promos/sales now.

[quote name='neudog']This shouldn't come as a surprise. GS is the anti-christ of gaming retailers. The only reason anyone has sales/promos is because of competition. Seeing as how they bought out their closest competition and other gaming retailers aren't a huge threat they don't have to have as many promos/sales now.[/quote]

actually right now the deals are for trading stuff in. remember a few weeks ago the extra 10$ for next gen games was pretty cool, the trade 2 wii get 1 wii game deal was very :) :) :) to some, and last weekend they had that bonus for specific games. and they have had extra % bonuses (though the trade in values still suck for anything old) for the last month. be patient

[quote name='neudog']This shouldn't come as a surprise. GS is the anti-christ of gaming retailers. The only reason anyone has sales/promos is because of competition. Seeing as how they bought out their closest competition and other gaming retailers aren't a huge threat they don't have to have as many promos/sales now.[/quote]
Amen brother!

Hmm, once this is posted, I think I might pick up Just Cause, seems like it could be a fun sandbox game. Anyways, this should have been like $5 off any 360 game, or atleast $15 and up. I would only pick up $20 games with this, since they have the $10 off coupon every once in a while.

OP, could please also include the 30% extra towards trade-ins in the title, I think people may overlook your kindness thinking it's just a $5 off coupon. Hell, that's an extra $10 on a $25 game (yeah, I'm gonna get me some $35 credit for Vegas which I paid $40 for 7 months ago).

oh damn it. I bought Dead Rising today. Trying to return it and re-buy it is always a nightmare there, and I'm not sure it's worth the $5.

[quote name='jer7583']oh damn it. I bought Dead Rising today. Trying to return it and re-buy it is always a nightmare there, and I'm not sure it's worth the $5.[/quote]

dangle a preorder in front of his face and at the last second tell him instead you are going to go get some piping hot arby's

You know that coupon mentions nothing about HAVING to have a Halo 3 reservation. Of course I think I will reserve Halo 3 now because of this.

[quote name='monkeydeew']actually right now the deals are for trading stuff in. remember a few weeks ago the extra 10$ for next gen games was pretty cool, the trade 2 wii get 1 wii game deal was very :) :) :) to some, and last weekend they had that bonus for specific games. and they have had extra % bonuses (though the trade in values still suck for anything old) for the last month. be patient[/QUOTE]

Regardless of what the trade in special is the average consumer is getting screwed. What the masses don't realize outside CAG and other forums like this is that GS appears to be giving you some great trade in deal, which never pans out to much unless you trade a shit load in. Then the following month have a sale that counter acts the previous trade in deal, thus making a profit hand over fist. I know business is about profit, but at least have a model that makes it look like you care about your core customer. Though I've taken advantage of these trade in "%" deals, it was only because I had a lot of clearance titles from other retailers, so I was really making a profit over GS. For everyone who has ever taken a Marketing course GS will not last forever and one day will pay for their greedy market plan.

The last time I tried to do a return and re-buy with the original xbox b2g1 it took an hour and a half and I wanted the day to end with murder-suicide.

[quote name='neudog']Regardless of what the trade in special is the average consumer is getting screwed. What the masses don't realize outside CAG and other forums like this is that GS appears to be giving you some great trade in deal, which never pans out to much unless you trade a shit load in. Then the following month have a sale that counter acts the previous trade in deal, thus making a profit hand over fist. I know business is about profit, but at least have a model that makes it look like you care about your core customer. Though I've taken advantage of these trade in "%" deals, it was only because I had a lot of clearance titles from other retailers, so I was really making a profit over GS. For everyone who has ever taken a Marketing course GS will not last forever and one day will pay for their greedy market plan.[/quote]

gl with that

But damn. 30% trade in credit for anything but hardware is pretty damn nice. Add the card and that's 40% right there.

What the crap, man? So many deals to take advantage of lately.

[quote name='monkeydeew']actually right now the deals are for trading stuff in. remember a few weeks ago the extra 10$ for next gen games was pretty cool, the trade 2 wii get 1 wii game deal was very :) :) :) to some, and last weekend they had that bonus for specific games. and they have had extra % bonuses (though the trade in values still suck for anything old) for the last month. be patient[/QUOTE]

Go to the CAGWIKI and compare trade in prices between Game Stop & Game Crazy---trust me the additional percentage isn't exactly a "promotion" its more of a "if you're trying, we'll TRY to get close to the competition" but they still FAIL. Its sad when you have to take advantage of a trade-in "promotion" to not get completely ripped off.

[quote name='freshzen']Go to the CAGWIKI and compare trade in prices between Game Stop & Game Crazy---trust me the additional percentage isn't exactly a "promotion" its more of a "if you're trying, we'll TRY to get close to the competition" but they still FAIL. Its sad when you have to take advantage of a trade-in "promotion" to not get completely ripped off.[/quote]

forgive me if i've moved on from the 'gs rapes all its customers' argument. happy trading!

so if i want to get the 30% and extra 10% with my edge card do I have to print out this coupon or what do I do?? All I have to trade in is battlefield 2 and I would like to reserve halo 3 if still possible

Yes, you have to print it out. Just bring in the print out and your card. Tell them you're trading in and have a coupon along with your edge card.

I would take advantage of this offer if it wasn't for the fact that I HATE Gamestop. Their promotions generally suck and their employees really suck. Like the one guy said, they are indeed the antichrist. So I'll pass.

[quote name='scheibler']so if i want to get the 30% and extra 10% with my edge card do I have to print out this coupon or what do I do?? All I have to trade in is battlefield 2 and I would like to reserve halo 3 if still possible[/QUOTE]
You are kind of out of luck when coming to pre-order Halo 3 my good friend. They are already set with how many copies each store is getting which is the pre-orders they got by the end of last week. Most Gamestops won't even have copies to sell to the public on day one.

That's the exact reason that the coupon doesn't require you to pre-order Halo 3. The best I could tell you is if you try to pre-order it now that you would get a copy on the second shipment.

[quote name='cdeener']You are kind of out of luck when coming to pre-order Halo 3 my good friend. They are already set with how many copies each store is getting which is the pre-orders they got by the end of last week. Most Gamestops won't even have copies to sell to the public on day one.[/quote]

If you ever want to pick up a game on release day at GS, always get a reserve.

It sucks that they rarely have extra copies (especially of something like Halo 3), but that is the way its been lately. They want preorders from you and the best way to encourage that is "well, next time preorder a copy to guarantee you'll get one".

If you can't find one at GS on release day becuase of this, don't worry. Every other retailer on the planet will have tons (of at least the regular version). My guess is the ONLY place you won't be able to walk in and get a copy on relase day will be GS. Go figure.

TBW

Gamestop does purposely under-ship and not provide extra copies day of release. It is total bullshit and there's no reason they couldn't order 20% more than were pre-ordered. They usually get more in in a few days, however. And Best Buy will have a billion copies of halo 3 on release day. No worries.

when is it too late to reserve a copy of halo 3? do u guys think i can reserve it this coming friday? since i wont be able to buy it until i down near my college.

Thanks OP, printed out the coupon this morning and picked up Dead Rising. The cashier scanned my edge card too and it came out to $26.99 - 2.70 - 5 = $19.29. Just a few cents over $20 after tax. I might head back out again later after printing a couple more if I can decide theres something else worth buying.

[quote name='the_mailman']when is it too late to reserve a copy of halo 3? do u guys think i can reserve it this coming friday? since i wont be able to buy it until i down near my college.[/quote]

There will be plenty for everyone, no worries.

Even 7-11 is selling it.

You mean when I trade something in, I get less than I'd get if I tried to sell it myself? Wow, how novel. Not like that's the same thing that happens with every damn thing else (books, cars, dvds, etc). GS isn't "raping" you, they're not "screwing" you--you can always say "No thanks I changed my mind." Some people don't want to deal with ebay or half.com, because there are cheap assholes who try to screw you on the internet as well, or they just want instant gratification.
I've traded stuff in before, and I've declined to trade stuff in as well, I will continue to do both based on the individual pricing of the trade in.
Anyway, thanks OP, I've got some things I wouldn't mind trying to trade in and add to my Edge card.
I do wish they'd do another B2G1 free sale, since I just got a 360, I'm looking at higher priced used games than for the Wii or GC, and getting 3 50-55$ games for 100 bucks would be nice.

[quote name='dtcarson']You mean when I trade something in, I get less than I'd get if I tried to sell it myself? Wow, how novel. Not like that's the same thing that happens with every damn thing else (books, cars, dvds, etc). GS isn't "raping" you, they're not "screwing" you--you can always say "No thanks I changed my mind." Some people don't want to deal with ebay or half.com, because there are cheap assholes who try to screw you on the internet as well, or they just want instant gratification.
I've traded stuff in before, and I've declined to trade stuff in as well, I will continue to do both based on the individual pricing of the trade in.
Anyway, thanks OP, I've got some things I wouldn't mind trying to trade in and add to my Edge card.
I do wish they'd do another B2G1 free sale, since I just got a 360, I'm looking at higher priced used games than for the Wii or GC, and getting 3 50-55$ games for 100 bucks would be nice.[/QUOTE]

There is no defending their trade in or pre-order practices.

Preorder policies, maybe not.
Trade, sure. "We'll give you X for this, which we will then sell for a profit ('cause we're, you know, a business). Y/N? If you want to sell it on ebay or amazon for the same price we're selling it for, hey, no one's stopping you."
*shrug* I don't see the problem.

I used the coupon and traded in Metroid Prime 3, it came to 49.05 after coupon + edge and I used the balance to pay of GHIII which is an outragous 100$, I also cancelled my previous preorder of Super Mario, and used the money to buy Need for Speed Carbon 360, for 19.xx after edge and 5 coupon. It was a good test as I plan on cancelling the GHIII at some point as I guarantee I will be able to buy it cheaper from somewhere else.

My point is I guess, Halo 3 was not part of the transaction so the aditional trade value can be applied to any thing :)

For someone who has no internet access/isn't over 18/doesn't have a credit card (Not me, I sell on ebay all the time), in many areas, gamestop is the only option, because they've muscled their way into metropolitan areas and have so many stores that other places cannot survive.

I shop at my local place as much as I can to support them. Just yesterday I traded Mario Strikers Charged for Overlord on 360 and paid about $3 in the exchange. I let them know that gamestop was charging $20 more for overlord then them and giving $10 less for strikers.. They always have a laugh about that.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']$40 for Bioshock trade in isn't that bad. I think i'll do it.[/quote]

i'm doing the same thing today or tommorrow

[quote name='Tsukento']But damn. 30% trade in credit for anything but hardware is pretty damn nice. Add the card and that's 40% right there.
[/quote]
Agreed, that is a really good trade-in value.

[quote name='dpadilla4']i'm doing the same thing today or tommorrow[/QUOTE]

Yeah if I could just get over to EB/Gamestop :(

Question about this: Do they require the coupon to be in color or will they take it black and white?

Im going to trade in vegas and RE4 for wii that will get me a new 360 game, maybe PGR4 when its out or Blazing Angels 2 this week, thanks OP

[quote name='stoned99']I used the coupon and traded in Metroid Prime 3, it came to 49.05 after coupon + edge ... [/quote]

Weird. I thought Metroid was $42 after coupon. What's the trade in value before the coupon? How did that work out on your receipt?

If anyone is wondering Halo 1 should get $10 before any bonuses, which is pretty good considering you could buy another copy for $6 from Family Video.

[quote name='caedeskhan']If anyone is wondering Halo 1 should get $10 before any bonuses, which is pretty good considering you could buy another copy for $6 from Family Video.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Think i'll trade that in for $13, and see if I can use the other coupon to tag myself a cheap Marvel UA Gold Edition

Can i use the 30% thing to trade in a couple games towards a preorder, then when i pick up the preorder, use the 10% off coupon from another thread?

anyone had experience flipping the same game to a eb/gs lately, specifically with the halo bonus 30%? back in the day my friend would just make me do it on diff. transactions, but all on the same day. yesterday i was told it was one game per week, but i dont know about that. any help?

Big ups to whoever posted the 30% extra coupon scan. Them gamestop douchebags kept saying its for halo only untill I finally bought the coupon in. F'ing Aholes. But I did actually score skate for only 16 bucks outta pocket!

Please, please make sure that you point out it will work for any thing in the store. I almost got my 30% turned down as the manager who worked at the time thought it was for Halo 3 pre-orders only.

It kind of sucks that the trade-in value for Bioshock is going down. Before the 30%, it was a $25 trade in value! Of course YMMV on this one. Come to think of it, I bet a ton of 360 shooters like Gears of War will drop in trade-in value once Halo 3 drops.

bread's done
Back