Gamestop \ EB Games April deals

zorba_the_greek

CAGiversary!
I was just at my local EB and I was informed of some unadvertised deals.

You can trade any $8 + game towards any new or used console and it will get bumped up to $25.

If you go used you can combine it with the save $50 on a used console and 2 used games 19.99 or higher ( the posters they have on their ceiling)

The manager I just talked to said he just got an email adding another promo. If you trade your 360 towards a new slim 4gb \ 250 Gb with or without kinect, you get 100 trade in for your system.

oh he also mentioned 50 % off used accessories, hard drives, controllers between the 13th and 15Th.

The 360 deal is somewhat interesting. Trying to remember what you need to trade in with an Xbox 360, since generally they ring in most of the accessories individually. Just power brick...or brick + AV cables?

[quote name='Brogdan']The 360 deal is somewhat interesting. Trying to remember what you need to trade in with an Xbox 360, since generally they ring in most of the accessories individually. Just power brick...or brick + AV cables?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's brick + av cables + controller + memory card if it had one.

It's very tempting I have a repaired once already by Microsoft 20GB 360 I'd love to get a quieter 360 with 250GB hard drive. I also have a $180 credit at EB.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's very tempting I have a repaired once already by Microsoft 20GB 360 I'd love to get a quieter 360 with 250GB hard drive. I also have a $180 credit at EB.[/QUOTE]

it's soooo worth it! but do what i did and get a 4gb model, and buy the hdd seperately. matte finish picks up no fingerprints.

Tempted to go trade in my current 360 for stumpy model for HDD and wireless upgrade. However, since I haven't touched it for some time, it's not really worth it right now.

Wow very tempting for the 360 trade in for sure. I have an old 360 sitting around that I could definitely trade in, I wonder if I can put it towards the Halo Reach bundle? That silver is snazzy!

In the e-mail that was sent out, it appears that the $100 trade value is only valid toward either the 250GB model or the 4GB + Kinect bundle.

Deal appears to be online; http://www.gamestop.ca/tradeins

XBOX 360 TRADE-IN PROMOTION
SAVE WHEN YOU BUY A NEW CONSOLE!
Trade in your old Xbox 360 and SAVE $100 on a new one!
Offer applicable towards a new Xbox 360 4 Gb Kinect Bundle OR a new Xbox 360 250GB.

Valid until April 30th 2011. Offer applicable towards selected Xbox 360 consoles. Offer may be discontinued at any time. Valid in Canada only. Trade credit not offered at all EB Games/Gamestop locations. See in-store for complete details.

A cheap solution would be to get the 4GB Kinect Bundle and sell off Kinect for $125-$150. $100 for the 4GB Xbox 360 after every is said is done. If you need the 250GB HD then the Holiday Bundle is a no-brainer me thinks.

anyone know what steps eb/gamestop goes through before accepting consoles (i.e online status, rrod, etc...) and do you need to include a harddrive when trading it in?

You don't need to bring the hard drive. Just the brick+controller+AV cables. If your old 360 had the nice component cables, tell the guy to take the crappy ones from your newly purchased system. Online doesn't matter since they can't actually hook up the system. If the guy is really paranoid, then they'll plug your system to a jack to check the lights.

One thing I've noticed with the used selection on GS.ca is that they don't guarantee the games come with the original case + manual. I remember when they first rolled out online pre-owned purchases they stated it included the manual, now it's only 'guaranteed to work'

edit: hm appears they still do guarantee the manual and case; http://www.gamestop.ca/preowned

Granted, I ordered Just Cause 2 used from them and the manual was french! Je ne comprend pas!

Just a heads up on people who wants accessories for half off, the guy at the closest EB here says it starts on the weekend this Friday (15). At least I didn't have to go very far.

For anyone in downtown Toronto. The gamestop at metrocentre on Wellington has the used accessory sale on right now until the Friday cause they are closed on on weekends.

I managed to snag some good stuff.
Xb hard drive 120 g $50
360 Wireless controller $15
Ps3 dual shock $25
Ps3 eye cam $15
Wii remote $17.50
They also had some bins with cables, handheld cases etc...
I also grabbed a ps2 system carry suitcase for $2.50 cause all that other stuff I bought fit into it.

I asked about that 360 deal and they did confirm it was on the 4g, 250g, with or without kinect. So 4 models in total not 2. At least in the stores that what they got emailed, the website might be different.

Is the 50% off accessories something exclusive to that EB zorba_the_greek? It's not listed on their website at all and I'd be down with finally upgrading my hard drive.

It's specific to that EB from April 13 to 15.

It's running at all EB/Gamestops from April 15 to 17. They have mini posters in those black frames they usually put in bins promoting the deal.

Ah, alright. Thanks for the heads up. Guess it's finally time to upgrade beyond this measly 20GB that's been proving more difficult to put content into.

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']
I managed to snag some good stuff.
Xb hard drive 120 g $50
Wii remote $17.50[/QUOTE]

But those 250 GB HDD are $100 at Futureshop and those are new. As for the Wiimote, you could've paid the extra $2.50 for one of those new ones with Motion+ and FlingSmash. *shrug*

I ended up buying one of those Xbox 360 Slim HD cases from Focal Price. I'll just slam my 250GB in that and badda-bing badda-boom, problem solved. Still don't know what to do with the 20GB HD though!

[quote name='Mr.']But those 250 GB HDD are $100 at Futureshop and those are new. As for the Wiimote, you could've paid the extra $2.50 for one of those new ones with Motion+ and FlingSmash. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

The 250gb hard drives were $100 there too but I didn't want one. As for fling smash the controller I got was with motion plus built in so I'm glad I bought a coffee instead of buying that horrible fling smash. :D

As many as you want as long as you don't go over the price, that's their standard deal.

4 for a $99.99 system, 8 for a $199.99 system, 12 for a $299.99 system

Used systems are $20 off starting today until Monday. I have a psp go already but I'm kind of tempted for a psp 3000 since they will be 69.99.

Also you can trade in a ps3 and you get $200 off a new slim ps3. I have an old 40Gb I've wanted to upgrade forever.

Damn them and their good deals. This has been one expensive week with portal, Mk and now this.

970x66_SpringSale.jpg

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=517

if it's spring, why are there eggs on there

these prices look like a joke, some are just regular price, & some are already known like bioshock2 $10

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Anybody has an actual proof of the 25$ 8+ bump for consoles?
It seems no one has heard of it.[/QUOTE]

It's a promotion that was carried over from February. I asked my GS and they said it was mentioned in emails that it was turned into an ongoing promotion like their trade 3 promo.

You can ask your EB/GS to check with their manager or read their emails from back then.

I've asked other locations around Toronto and they have it going on. One store actually said it is listed in their April marketing book so I guess you can check that too.

What's up with that flash sale for Portal 2? It was $44.99 for PS3 yesterday and now it's back up to $59.99? I wanted to price-match at BB since I had some Reward Zone vouchers to burn. When I printed those things today, I checked online saw the price went back up. :/

I walked into Gamestop today and they were telling me to grab Portal 2 for 44.99 (or 29.99 for PC). It may have gone up on their website but as of today it's still that price in stores.

Yeah, I was in there yesterday to pre-order LA Noir and they were asking me if I had Portal 2 yet, and that it was still $44.99

bread's done
Back