GameStop/EB Games Console Price Drops - USED GameCube ($39.99), USED PS2 ($79.99)

[quote name='aoko']Quick Question, Is the Gameboy player progressive scan compatible?[/quote]

Yes it is!:cool:

Get one now!;)

[quote name='daroga']Like 5 stores in my area list it as in stock.[/quote]
The real question is, will any of them actually have them? Or will they just have the systems with the network adapters seperate and try to count that as one whole thing? :p

[quote name='sying']Now I have a use for the extra 3 broadband adaptors and 2 extra component cables! Who'se up for some double dashing? Now I only got to find the silvers (which I assume were the only ones that had the component output)[/quote]My purple one has component out. Makes me think twice about selling it/trading it in. Bought it in 2002.

[quote name='Tsukento']The real question is, will any of them actually have them? Or will they just have the systems with the network adapters seperate and try to count that as one whole thing? :p[/quote]I doubt they'll have them, as we all know how well their inventory tracker is for the good stuff.

The gamecube is lookin pretty nice at that price, is it worth it to wait for a future drop or will be be a while before that happens. Also is it easy to tell if the console has the component out?

Yeah, just look at the back of the console. :p It'll say "Digital AV Out" on the back. If you're getting it at the store, ask the employee to let you eye the system before your decision.

FYI, if you have a digital multimeter and the appropriate security bit (cheap) to open the case, a "broken" Gamecube is a super easy fix. Just a matter of turning a knob until the multimeter reads properly. I mean, really super easy. Even I could do it. Instructions on how to "adjust the pot" are on the net. I picked up a complete "broken" gamecube in great shape for $20 that was this easy fix and a second one (console only) for $15, also this super easy fix. Both, of course, have "Digital AV", aka component ports (since "broken" ones are most likely older.) Mine are both black, incidentally - it wasn't just the purple and silver ones that have Digital AV. What you want is a "broken" one that the seller says the disc spins but gives a "Disk Read Error".

Just another even cheaper option for getting a GC. And for those of us that really qualify for this website, and thus don't have a Wii (because it's way to expensive :), obviously a GC is a great buy. Great system with some great games, and lots of great deals on those games available.

^I just returned a used Gamecube that kept giving me "Disk Read Errors!"

Sigh...oh well I'm not that technical. I heard that any laser calibration done will only give you a year or two of gaming life to the GCN. I suppose you would have to calibrate it again.
I'll wait for a further price drop before giving crunchey's idea a shot.

[quote name='awp']Decided to go ahead and trade in a few 360 games to get a 'cube (crappy Transformers game will pay for most of it). Always wanted one to be able to play some of the series that will never be on an MS console (and someday a PS2 for the same reason).

Going to pick up Rogue Leader (love SW games) and Metroid Prime to start with. Any other good, cheap games? I will wait on the first party stuff since it's still a bit pricey (although I really want to get my hands on a Zelda game).[/QUOTE]

I HIGHLY recommend the Resident Evil Series. In fact, I just picked up Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, and Resident Evil 2. I wanted to make use of the backwards compatibility on my Wii. But then again, I do love collecting game related things, so I might pick up the GCN once it drops even more (I'm still paying off the bill for the Wii).

i don t like "used" systems ("used" in this caes meaning a dirty, broken, disgusting, filthy, vile, piece of trash). you dont know who the owner was before you or how meanly they treated their systems. i am against used things.... theyre horrible...

one way, remove the external case of the console.
then dip the whole external case on a tub of water with bleach or cleaning agent.
clean and rinse. then dry.

as for controllers. get a new one. if not try lysol or something to clean it.

Thanks for all the suggestions on what 'cube games to start with.

Here's what I ended up picking up:

Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (with Bongos)
Tales of Symphonia
Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Resident Evil 4

...and I'm planning on picking up F-Zero GX later today since I've heard it's a pretty awesome racer.

Anyway, I think that's a pretty good cross-section of games to start out with. And things I won't be able to play on my 360 (although, RE5 will be coming).

One game that not everyone appreciates, but which we find to be really fun is Kirby Airride. You have to get use to the visuals in the main race modes, but once you do the races are super fun, with lots of abilities to pick up, switches to switch to do things to the track, etc, and that mode is only part of the game. The City Trial mode is fantastic and lately we've been getting into Top Ride, a top-down view race. There's also lots of options to play with to change each mode of the game around. Really cool, and underrated game IMHO.

Oh, and another thing to do with a cheap gamecube is get a second one and also pick up a couple broadband adapters to play Kirby Airride, Mario Kart and 1080 Avalanche in network mode. Of course you also need another TV! In theory you can hook up to 8 gamecubes together for Mario Kart. We don't have 1080 Avalanche, but we've played Kirby and Mario Kart this way. Mario Kart allows up to 8 player races (up to 4 players per screen/GC), balloon and shine battles (but curiously, and sadly, no bob-bomb blast mode? Sadness .( Kirby just lets you spread the players out over the screens, so with two GCs and two screens each player gets half a screen instead of only 1/4, but that does make a difference, especially for the main races (see note above about the crazy visuals - Kirby's main races look much better, and are easier to play, on half or all of a screen.)

bread's done
Back