GameStop/EB GC towards Wii trade-in promo

Kirra

CAGiversary!
i just walked into my local EB and tried to trade in my GC for $45 (that's $25 plus the additional $20 when you trade in towards a wii).

BUT!

the store manager stopped me, saying that i should wait 'til launch day for an even BETTER trade-in value.

I asked him if he was sure, 'cause $45 is a lot for a GC, imho.

He said that he guarentees i'll get more than $45 and if he's wrong it wouldn't matter 'cause i'll get at least $45 no matter what since i'm trading in the GC for the Wii.

How much more can they give you for a Gamecube? They sell them used for $59.99.

Methinks that if this is true, that it has to include Gamecube games, i.e. items they'll actually be able to resell, items that they rip you off with. Something like a GC and any three games for $80.

P.S. I thought that they were done with the 'extra $20' deal a week ago. I'm wondering, is this a different one? Does it specifically have to be towards the Wii (and/or PS3)? I have a bad feeling about this. It's not this post. It's something elsewhere...elusive....

A few weeks ago, you could trade in your GC for the standard $30 plus the extra $20 for the promo for trading in any system. I got $50 total--better than any price on eBay.

But, for anyone who is still holding onto theirs, it might be wise to trade it in now and get that $45. Within a few months it'll be down to $20 used.

Rule of thumb: when someone goes into a store and hears something from the mouth of a store employee, what the employee says is bullshit 90% of the time. Did you walk into the store at shortly before 6:00? I'll bet anything the guy just didn't want to deal with a system trade in right before close.

When an employee who is a member of this forum posts a new deal, it's real 95% of the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have SOME sort of trade deal but like jollydwarf said, there's no way they'll be making any profit on selling their used GameCubes if they're giving you over $45 for it and selling it for $60.

yeah, it specifically has to go towards the wii in order to get an extra $20. i called both the store at universal citywalk and the one in westwood. you get an additional $20 for trading a GC in for a wii, = $45, offer ends after launch day ends.

but, again, my local EB at westwood said it may be more. there's really no loss in waiting to trade the GC in if you're planning on trading it in towards a wii anyway.

No loss as long as the $45 deal (which I got, which I found 'fair') is still applicable when the Wii releases less than/still a week from now.

A week...

wii-southpark.jpg

"Come on!...come ON...."

The bonus $20 is over. Any trade that gets that is lucky now. As far as any deal towards trading a cube towards a Wii goes though, so far nothing has been sent out. As was stated before, 90% of the time, the employee is just saying what they think is going to happen, not what they know is going to happen.

Any updates regarding this supposed deal ??? Because I'm trying to trade in my Cube and lots of games and I rather do it at the right time.

hmm I haven't gotten rid of my gamecube yet (been playing master quest again), hopefully they'll be some good deal as I don't plan on keeping it once I get my wii from them

The "Black Friday" deal was supposed to offer an extra $20 for GC purchases. Dunno if that is in addition to other offers, I hope so. For $45 (or less) I'll just give it to my brother.

Why don't you just go to Game Crazy and get an additional 50% bump when you trade in toward the Wii and that is on any system not just the GC I traded in my Slim PS2 for $84, and if you wanted you could trade in a PSP for $165 or even a 360 for $345

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']Anybody know of any store taking in the original Playstation as trade ins? (Yeah i'm behind)..[/QUOTE]
no it has to be current or next gen. But GameCrazy is the only store that is taking more than just the GC.

[quote name='M1C13']Why don't you just go to Game Crazy and get an additional 50% bump when you trade in toward the Wii and that is on any system not just the GC I traded in my Slim PS2 for $84, and if you wanted you could trade in a PSP for $165 or even a 360 for $345[/quote]
That sounds like a great deal, but not everybody has access to a Game Crazy.

Yep, no gamecrazy in my town. I'm sitting on a gamecube with games and controllers will love to trade it towards something useful

just call your local gamestop/EB, i did and they promised me $45+ if i wait 'till launch day. of course, you have to have to trade it in towards a wii and you have to have the wii pre-ordered.

just give 'em a call, and press the deal on 'em. good luck!

[quote name='M1C13']Why don't you just go to Game Crazy and get an additional 50% bump when you trade in toward the Wii[/QUOTE]

With this extra $20 deal, a GC trades in for $45 at GS/EB. Trade in value for a Cube at Game Crazy is $30, so $30 + $15 = the exact same price GS/EB is giving :roll:

[quote name='schultzed']I'm a total cheapass, but (if I'm really done with it) . . . I'm going to give my GC to my nephew.[/QUOTE]

That is a cool thing to do...

[quote name='elmyra']That sound like a great deal, but not everybody has access to a Game Crazy.[/QUOTE]

I had a dream they opened up a Gamecrazy in Tampa... it was awesome.

[quote name='Kirra']just call your local gamestop/EB, i did and they promised me $45+ if i wait 'till launch day. of course, you have to have to trade it in towards a wii and you have to have the wii pre-ordered.

just give 'em a call, and press the deal on 'em. good luck![/QUOTE]

hmm I'm in that boat so hopefully I'll get a reasonable amount for mine.

[quote name='Roufuss']I had a dream they opened up a Gamecrazy in Tampa... it was awesome.[/QUOTE]
will gradly trade on for a game rush.

You can't even get the damn Wii Trade in Deal at GC unless you pre-ordered. Then when they get the second shipment you still have to wait for the other people to get the pre-orders because they oversold the pre-orders. It would be a great deal if it weren't so troublesome and geared towards pre-orders. I wanted to trade in my psp just to use it for credit towards Wii but they said they wouldn't give me the 50% bonus. They could put a message in the account or make it so that I could only use it for the Wii, no?

I just called my local GS/EB and they said to wait until the day after T-Day and he'll give me an extra $20 along with the $25 trade-in value. The $45 still stands.

bread's done
Back