Gamestop/EB website prices the same as in store?

Zerostatic

CAGiversary!
Hi, I was just wondering if the prices for used games at gamestop.com and ebgames.com the same prices that I will find in stores. Thanks.

[quote name='Zerostatic']Hi, I was just wondering if the prices for used games at gamestop.com and ebgames.com the same prices that I will find in stores. Thanks.[/quote]

95% of the time. There are cases where the prices don't match, usually do to errors, but if the online price is higher bring a print out of it and the store should price adjust accordingly.

Also this is a gaming deal forum, make sure you post this in the right forum next time. Seeing that your status is a CAG vet, you should know better....

Although I don't have much experience with Gamestop I recently bought a used copy of ZoE The 2nd Runner for the same price as listed online and have seen a few other games match exactly what was listed on the site as well, used and new. I'd always call first before wasting a gallon of gas, though.

I don't know, a price was lower online but when I went in store, they wouldn't let me price match it. I ended up not getting the game since the clerk was kind of a numb rod and refused to price match, kept claiming they don't have too.

[quote name='kosmos13x']
Also this is a gaming deal forum, make sure you post this in the right forum next time. Seeing that your status is a CAG vet, you should know better....[/quote]Crap, I always forget! :wall: My bad.

Most of the time, they do. But sometimes, the .com will have exclusive sales of stuff. Like the MGS4 guides are $15 and $20 online versus the $20 and $30 price points they'll be at the store.

I wish to hell some of the deals from EB Canada were good @ US stores, since they had a couple games I'd have wanted for $10 each for PS3 last week or so. I remember someone from up there made a thread about it or something and I was seriously going 'why the fuck do we have to pay MORE for this shit in the US?'.

As for the online price matching the brick and mortar stores, the prices DO usually match up most times. Hell, I use the online site to figure out which stores may have a game I want(even though the locator isn't always 100% accurate) and use that to find out what price it SHOULD be in store. If it rings up lower than stickered in store and they refuse to give me it, I tell them to check the online price, since it was dropped.

If they still refuse, I just don't buy it, simple as that.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Although I don't have much experience with Gamestop I recently bought a used copy of ZoE The 2nd Runner for the same price as listed online and have seen a few other games match exactly what was listed on the site as well, used and new. I'd always call first before wasting a gallon of gas, though.[/quote]man, you should've gone to FYE...ZoE 2 is $9.99 used there if they had it

bread's done
Back