Gamestop/EBGames and used hardware

METC NAPALM

CAG Veteran
Is it just me, or is everyone inthe world trading in their broke hardware to ebgames/gamestop? I have bought about 5 used items (again hardware) for the 360, and 3 out of the 5 have been broken/defective. I bought a older intercooler last night for $8, to replace the EX intercooler that I am using now (its dusty and make a irritating sound now and again - we dont have carpet, we have tile floors), and the thing must have had a short in it because 10 seconds after using the $@#$#@ thing, my xbox shut off! I removed the CRAP used intercooler, prayed, and unpluged the power brick, pluged the cord back into my 360 with the intercoler removed, and the xbox360 worked fine. I had been using the previous intercooler for over 8 months, with no problems. I put the previous one on (again, the ex) and my xbox 360 worked FINE!

Has anyone else had problems buying used hardware from ebgames/gamestop? Its a real pain to buy something, then have to make a trip back to return it.

For the used games, I wont buy scratched up games from them. If the discs have gouges/scratches all over them, I refuse to buy them. They have a nasty habit here where I live of just grabbing the first one outta the paper sleeves that they keep them in (that of course have have 1000 other dvds in them before!) and snapping them into the case and ringing me up. After having bought 3 games that will not load, I ask to see the roms before I even buy them.

And there is no way in #$@$#@ that I would trade in a game there, unless they got like the $10 extra trade in credit promo going. I did get one over on them, so to say. They had beautiful katamari for $2.97 here on the army base on CLERANCE for the ps2, I bought 15 of them, and traded them in for $11 each. Then they put these same ones on the shelf for $30! I told the female manager that this was the first time I have ever traded in a game and not felt like I've been raped by them.

Anyway, has anyone else had these kinds of experiences buying used hardware from them?

they are suppossed to fully test any hardware they recieve before they accept it..maybe your local store(s) just suck....also, you shouldnt use an intercooler....it hogs power from the xbox and if your xbox is gonna die a stupid intercooler isnt gonna save it....

I don't buy hardware from gamestop. Don't get me wrong I love my local gamestop everyone in its cool but I've been burned by gamestops buying hardware from them on a few occasions to the point to where I just won't buy anything more than like a DS from them.

[quote name='PhoenixT']I don't buy hardware from gamestop. Don't get me wrong I love my local gamestop everyone in its cool but I've been burned by gamestops buying hardware from them on a few occasions to the point to where I just won't buy anything more than like a DS from them.[/quote]

Thanks, at least (sadly!) I am not the only one who is getting the shaft from ebgames

bread's done
Back