Gamestop/EBGames has an extra 20% on all trade-ins this weekend (YMMV)

lonestar

CAGiversary!
GS/EBGames will give you an extra 20% off on all trade-ins (excluding hardware). It's even valid on PSP movies.

I heard about this offer on the radio this morning. I called my local GS to confirm & they said they would be running this special offer only until Sunday. I was able to snag an extra $12 on my store credit. Also, with the Halo 2 trade in, you can get an extra $4.00.

They will also add the 10% from your Gamer Card for an extra 30% on the trade-ins.

On the radio? Sounds pretty regional to me, unless anyone can confirm. Gamestop/EB never advertises on the radio in my market.

dont knock it, it sucks for worthless games but if you have some 360 games that have a $30 value then it gets bumped to $36 plus the extra 10% more card brings it to $39.xx...not too bad plus in turn when you use that credit its tax free

also to be able to get $26 for halo 2...holy shit;)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Sweet, now instead of getting $0.50 for my games, I can get $0.60. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I think the min is now $1, so you get $1.20 now!
Enough to get a $1 value item at . Yea! Horray!
NOT.....

[quote name='eastx']Of course they never give you what it's worth, but you guys are being too cynical. It's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I have to agree with the other two guys. Their trade in values are crap across the board*. I wouldn't trade in a game for anything. You get about $10 less from them than you would on half.com on newer games. As for older games, the $1.20 sounds about right.

*Halo 2 being the exception.

[quote name='Corvin']Sorry, I have to agree with the other two guys. Their trade in values are crap across the board*. I wouldn't trade in a game for anything. You get about $10 less from them than you would on half.com on newer games. As for older games, the $1.20 sounds about right.

*Halo 2 being the exception.[/QUOTE]

That's IF it sells. Good look trying to dump something like Mad Maestro, XIII, Azurik, Turok Evolution, Brute Force, and a ton of other stuff on half.com or ebay. With some of the trade in deals at EB, you make out better trading to them anyway.

With the extra 30% boost, you can even make out well with certain newer releases.

[quote name='Corvin']Sorry, I have to agree with the other two guys. Their trade in values are crap across the board*. I wouldn't trade in a game for anything. You get about $10 less from them than you would on half.com on newer games. As for older games, the $1.20 sounds about right.

*Halo 2 being the exception.[/QUOTE]

That's because they have to resell you're games, as well as take into effect the price drops the game will take in the upcoming months.

bread's done
Back