Gamestop Edge Card..

Deuce-

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I recently had my wallet stolen with all my giftcards in it. I also had my Gamestop EDGE card in the wallet with a little over $50 store credit on it.

I called and they said there is no way for them to get the credit unless I have the card. :bomb:

not true...when you got your edge card...they signed you up with the Game Informer, just go to the store and tell them what you just said

they will ask your your ID and make a new one

Might be but check with the store you signed up with to be sure. They can tell you yay or nay and may be able to work with you.

if you have a receipt with your edge card number they can pull the info and move the funds over to a new giftcardif the gamestop guy says he cant do it its bc he really cant, not everyone is competent

[quote name='Deuce-']I had been subscribed to Game Informer, but it expired a couple months ago.

Am I outta luck?[/QUOTE]

If your GI expired, then unless you renewed your EDGE recently, that also expired, which would mean all that was on the card was credit. Like Ziv said, if that's the case, you may be SOL since anyone could just come in and claim that their card with credit on it was stolen.

If I'm not mistaken, the Edge card has two numbers: One for the edge discount and the other is the "card number" that is on the magnetic strip, the two numbers not being connected at all.

Your edge discount number can be looked up in the system, but not the card number. Without the actual card number, you're boned.

bread's done
Back