Gamestop Extended Warranties

mmercer13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
If you buy an extended warranty for a system from Gamestop is it transferable???If I sell something on Ebay with the extended warranty how would that work??
Any info would help.

"Extended warranty? How can I lose?" --Homer Simpson

What did Gamestop say when you asked them? When you ask, don't mention eBay. Just say you are giving it to a friend or cousin out of state.

I've noticed that EBgames does extended warranties now on new games......... guess they're milking you for every dollar..........

I went there the other day and bought a game that was $30 and he said the extended warranty cost $4 for a year........ and I thought to myself, in a year the game would probably cost $10 so what's the point

EB has been offering extended warrenties for a long time now.. I've never even heard anyone at my GS mentioning their's (though they do have a sign).

The extended warrenties they provide are crap, especially on the games. For systems, they'll only fix/replace it if the thing won't work at all. For games, they'll only replace your disc (with a used one, they'll only give you a new disc if they don't have any used ones).

Stores like Best Buy and Circuit City have much better plans for hardware, even if they're more expensive. Even if the smallest thing is wrong, they'll fix it.

The extended system warranties that GameStop sells aren't transferrable. They're only good for the person who originally purchased the system.

These warranties are pretty decent if you have a decent store in the area. Any of the systems I've returned on the warranty were a pretty easy transaction. Doesn't matter what the problem is as long as you have the warranty and the store has the system in stock.

The only crappy thing about them is once you return the system you originally purchased with the warranty...it makes the warranty void and you have to purchase a new warranty for the new system.

bread's done
Back