Gamestop Extended Warranty Question

rjarmstrong100

CAGiversary!
Feedback
0 (50%)
Hello all!

Almost a year ago my mother purchased a Xbox360 for me for my Birthday, and purchased the 1 Year extended warranty with it from Gamestop. Said 360 has recently been ailed by the Red Ring of Death and I need to replace it, however we cannot find the receipt for the 360 in the house. Does anyone know if Gamestop is able to look up any valid extended warranties that I have under my name?

Thank you very much for any help that can be given.

Provided that the clerk that rang you isn't a complete fuck-up and scanned the wrong number, your PRP should be tied to the serial number of your system. It is a bit of a hassle, and may require a call to Customer Service. If a clerk gives you guff, ask for the Manager-on-Duty.

If they are kind enough, they can call their people and get all the information they need. You need to provide the name, address, and serial number of system on file and they pretty much should have it. Just hope the guys at the store are nice enough to do it though.

[quote name='untouchablemike']Provided that the clerk that rang you isn't a complete fuck-up and scanned the wrong number, your PRP should be tied to the serial number of your system. If the clerk gives you guff, ask for the Manager-on-Duty.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the help!

[quote name='untouchablemike']Provided that the clerk that rang you isn't a complete fuck-up and scanned the wrong number, your PRP should be tied to the serial number of your system. It is a bit of a hassle, and may require a call to Customer Service. If a clerk gives you guff, ask for the Manager-on-Duty.[/quote]

Yeah, and while you're at it, just act like a self-righteous prick and they'll be sure to do whatever it is you ask!

Just call the 1-800 number and tell them your problem. Be warned, the people who work for the 1-800 xbox help line have a thick accent and it is hard to understand them. At least every time I call I get someone like that.

[quote name='reibeatall']Yeah, and while you're at it, just act like a self-righteous prick and they'll be sure to do whatever it is you ask![/quote]

Well Played.

I work for GS, and I'm still fuming over an incident over what I described that happened today. Sorry if I came off like a prick. :)

Thanks for the help everyone.

@ yukafls: I tried that already, and the person completely botched both my first and last names, to the point where if what happened to me happened to what I read about with one person on the consumerist, it'd be awhile until I would get my Xbox back. That and I'd rather not wait one to two months of I don't have to.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I have to buy a new one because my warranty went out and my system is overheating after like 10 minutes.

The overheating every 10 minutes means that the motherboard clamps have snapped and the heatsinks are really loose. ^^^ 3RL's soon.

As for the receipt thing, Im sure that if you know the exact DAY it was purchased they can look it up.

[quote name='Persona7']The overheating every 10 minutes means that the motherboard clamps have snapped and the heatsinks are really loose. ^^^ 3RL's soon.[/quote]

Huh??:whistle2:s So what can I do with it??

[quote name='yukafls']Huh??:whistle2:s So what can I do with it??[/quote] Mail it in to MS. :( You MIGHT be able to save it with a x clamp fix...If the Mobo has not been damaged yet that is.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Throw it out and get a PS3![/quote]

fuck NO!!! Anyway, so how would I mail it to Microsoft. I have called, but they said that my warranty ran out.

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']Thanks for the help everyone.

@ yukafls: I tried that already, and the person completely botched both my first and last names, to the point where if what happened to me happened to what I read about with one person on the consumerist, it'd be awhile until I would get my Xbox back. That and I'd rather not wait one to two months of I don't have to.[/quote]

Actually, I believe one month is a typical turnaround time for a 360 repair under the RROD warranty. While it may be a LONG time to wait, I'd definitely say that's your only available option unless you know the exact day it was purchased.

The good part about the RROD repairs is that MS sends you the box with shipping paid for already. Ask anyone who went through the Disc Read Error problem with the PS2 last gen and they'll say you should be thankful that MS added the 3 year RROD warranty. I knew multiple people with the DRE problem and besides the repair cost($75), it typically cost $10-20 to ship the system to Sony, so MS taking care of shipping is definitely a money saver.

Also, yukafls, when did you buy your system? And did you buy it NEW? If you didn't buy it new, then the warranty may well have run out. But, I don't think the 360 has been out a full 3 years yet, has it?

If you got it new, give them a call back about it, stress that it SHOULD still be under warranty. Although, if I remember correctly, they want you to have PROOF that you bought it, like a store receipt or something showing the date you purchased it.

Either way, call them back and ask to escalate to a manager if they give you the 'the warranty ran out' thing.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Also, yukafls, when did you buy your system? And did you buy it NEW? If you didn't buy it new, then the warranty may well have run out. But, I don't think the 360 has been out a full 3 years yet, has it?

If you got it new, give them a call back about it, stress that it SHOULD still be under warranty. Although, if I remember correctly, they want you to have PROOF that you bought it, like a store receipt or something showing the date you purchased it.

Either way, call them back and ask to escalate to a manager if they give you the 'the warranty ran out' thing.[/quote]

Well, I bought it when it first came out.....you know what, I know where my receipt is. Ha, thats funny, but I have also been through 2 360's, and this is my 3rd. They have had different problems.

^ I bought my 360 used from gamestop and got my xbox360 repaired(2 years later), no questions asked, no receit either, had a two week turnaround, VERY quick

[quote name='yukafls']Well, I bought it when it first came out.....you know what, I know where my receipt is. Ha, thats funny, but I have also been through 2 360's, and this is my 3rd. They have had different problems.[/quote]

Ahhhh ok, I thought you only had the RROD issue, which would be covered under their 3 year extended warranty. Oh and Poor, I didn't think they would allow a refurbished console to be repaired by a second owner. Damn, now I'm thinking I should've grabbed the late 2007 model 360 from my local game shop for $250.

I was thinking about buying the new one anyway, I was told they have the new motherboards. I was going to buy the arcade bundle, its cheaper.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ahhhh ok, I thought you only had the RROD issue, which would be covered under their 3 year extended warranty. Oh and Poor, I didn't think they would allow a refurbished console to be repaired by a second owner. Damn, now I'm thinking I should've grabbed the late 2007 model 360 from my local game shop for $250.[/quote]

Yep they allowed it no problem, The prior owner never registered it, they do not ask for any proof

bread's done
Back