Gamestop Flagging PUR Accounts for returning used games. Beware.

Vendacious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
Gamestop Flagging PUR Accounts for returning used games. A Gamestop manager at my local store said they are enforcing their rent abusing customers harder due to them losing money, therefore an excess of used game returns will prohibit anymore returns, maybe the limit is less now?

Not sure but for those who use credit on their card to rent, becareful with this as it may screw you over big time. Mentioned this on a diff thread but mentioning here for more to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, was a weird policy in the first place. Never really tried it myself, do a lot of people really "rent" these used games consistently?

Like others said, just don't use your PUR card.
Obviously but for those that rely heavily on the tons of Gamestop credit alot of CAGs amass, this will pose a problem to a number of people, no matter the number, the fact they are even saying so to customers means they are getting more anal with their return policy. Just getting it out their.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, was a weird policy in the first place. Never really tried it myself, do a lot of people really "rent" these used games consistently?
Yes, I myself do this sometimes when I just want to pass a game and return in the 7-day window. It's rent without the rent price. Free haha.

lol @ being banned completely. What the fuck are they going to do if you walk in? They can't do anything.

Gamestop has always been shady. They just do shady things, and will never hesitate to screw over costumers to make a dime.

It's true. They are a scam company, take a look at their BBB rating and fraud reports.

They froze my gamespot account, I cant use coupons/shop online, and I cant buy anything or trade anything. As soon as my phone number or address or name shows up, a flag goes up and I cannot complete the transaction. Of course, I cant be stopped from buying from the store, but I cant use my account. (But Id never shop there anyway)

It's true. They are a scam company, take a look at their BBB rating and fraud reports.

They froze my gamespot account, I cant use coupons/shop online, and I cant buy anything or trade anything. As soon as my phone number or address or name shows up, a flag goes up and I cannot complete the transaction. Of course, I cant be stopped from buying from the store, but I cant use my account. (But Id never shop there anyway)
LoL

GameStop's policy on used merchandise has NEVER changed. It's always been return for cash in 7 days. Once that period exhausted, it's store credit to something of that likeness. It says it on the back of the receipt and the website. I think someone just made this thread just to impress a moderator...really? 

So it's shady to stop you from ripping them off?  Plus the honest customers will end up getting screwed when the return policy is made stricter.

They should implement a new feature similar to what local game stores already do: Used games can be purchased and then freely returned for $1 less per day that you have them.  Essentially like renting but you're paying in advance.  I think you only get credit back, though, not cash.

There is no rip off. If I dont like the game, according to their policy I can exchange it. There's nothing wrong with exchanging one item for another, and since its within the same huge store chain of Gamestop, they aren't losing anything. So, people who "serves you right" or "ripping them off," really don't get that I don't think. But whatever, just saying the OP is telling the truth.

People getting mad when they get banned for exploiting a feature that is meant to help people who buy one or two games and don't like them, not use it as a free rental service.  That logic guys, that logic.

It'll be interesting to see how this affects return and rebuy during the B2G1 free deals. You know those times when you have to piece together what you want because the games are spread across three different locations? lol.

Last edited:
What all these captain wholesomes are forgetting to realize is gamestop is the devil. They give you ass for a game you spent a ton on, sell it back to us for 100% profit, and give nothing to the developers who lose the most money. Gamestop loses nothing on this. fuck them.

What all these captain wholesomes are forgetting to realize is gamestop is the devil. They give you ass for a game you spent a ton on, sell it back to us for 100% profit, and give nothing to the developers who lose the most money. Gamestop loses nothing on this. fuck them.
Yes a company that operates completely like any other pawn shop and that you can completely avoid if you don't like it, is the devil.

Yes cause it totally matters what company it is. You people would do the same if it was best buy, walmart, amazon, whatever. It's just a nice easy little crutch here to say that gamestop is big bad evil faceless corporation that is in the wrong, and you are the kind robin hood type stealing for the less fortunately. Tell me too how much you pirate stuff probably and how the RIAA and movie industry is bad too while you are at it.

Just sayin.

Funny how I they screwed me over by selling me a new yet opened game and I went to return it a day later they said NOPE. So I swore them off for years and I only buy something when it's the best price and only once every other year. So when they ask me to sign up for their cards and crap I say "nope. Only shop here once in a blue moon".

Funny how I they screwed me over by selling me a new yet opened game and I went to return it a day later they said NOPE. So I swore them off for years and I only buy something when it's the best price and only once every other year. So when they ask me to sign up for their cards and crap I say "nope. Only shop here once in a blue moon".
I've done that before and they took it no questions asked.

well they asked if I played it, but that's all.

I feel ya pain, it really does piss me off they open copies to put up on display for browsers, but not allowing a return of a new game opened by GS EMPLOYEES there should be an exception of being able to return it, stupid Gamestop. Any time its a new opened game they hand me. Nope fuck you, cause half the time a Online Pass or some sort of code is gone cause an employee swiped it.

How do you even know your PUR account is flagged? I don't return used games but I do something else that allows me to get cheap game cards from them.

The profit margin that GameStop makes or rather any retailer selling new games is ridiculously low. Imagine only making 5 or 10 dollars on a new game sale. Im still trying to figure out how a company can survive on that without marking up used game sales. Used game sales attribute to the bulk of GameStop's profit. Now if your advocating that GameStop is the 'devil' because of this, i'm assuming you also consider ebay, Amazon, thrift stores, pawn shops, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. the 'devil' as well. Here's to ho hoping that GameStop doesn't go out of business anytime soon and lay off their 16000+ employee workforce.

The profit margin that GameStop makes or rather any retailer selling new games is ridiculously low. Imagine only making 5 or 10 dollars on a new game sale. Im still trying to figure out how a company can survive on that without marking up used game sales. Used game sales attribute to the bulk of GameStop's profit. Now if your advocating that GameStop is the 'devil' because of this, i'm assuming you also consider ebay, Amazon, thrift stores, pawn shops, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. the 'devil' as well. Here's to ho hoping that GameStop doesn't go out of business anytime soon and lay off their 16000+ employee workforce.

Honestly, I don't care about their workforce. I used to be one of them. With the amount of money they make on a daily basis, they could afford tp treat their employees better ans pay them enough to give a shit about their job. And yes, majority of those places are evil, but gamestop takes the fiendish crown. Gamestop is nothing but profit. Buy a new game? They get $5-10 profit. People trade that in for their fake money. Sell that used copy for an immediate 100% profit. Not fair to the developer either. Also, many people wait til the games go used just to "save a few dollars".

bread's done
Back