GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as my gift card comes I'll be picking up Namco Museum (can't wait to use my SF IV TE stick on some arcade action). I called, and they said the sale goes until 5/2. Looks like folks have cleaned up from this sale.

[quote name='Justin42']Just print it from the first page, I just used it with no problems...[/quote]

I think that is what I'm going to end up doing but I haven't had much luck getting them to accept a print out in the past. I really want the games sealed but the few stores that keep the games sealed in the back are also the ones who are anal about the rules. It doesn't hurt to try, though.

[quote name='arcane93']GH2 and GH3 are on sale too? I considered picking up the GH:Aerosmith and wired guitar deal, but ended up deciding not to bother, because I don't really like Aerosmith that much.[/quote]
GH3 yes, GH2 YMMV. These made it worth buying the Aerosmith and getting the guitar for $0.01.

[quote name='Justin42']I was at a fairly new GS today but forgot to bring a printout the coupon and the employees claimed there were no Gamedays coupons out there at all. :p [/quote]

I would've grabbed one of their GI's, turned to the page with the coupon, and said, "you haven't had one person use this yet?"

[quote name='ryne candy']thats grounds for a divorce...throwing away a mans games. :p[/quote]

No divorce for me. I'll just bust out my beating stick from the closet and work things out with her. :boxing:

Of course, I'm kidding...
or am I?

[quote name='emg28']No divorce for me. I'll just bust out my beating stick from the closet and work things out with her. :boxing:

Of course, I'm kidding...
or am I?
[/quote]

As long as the sticks girth, diameter does not exceed the girth, diameter of your thumb I think your fine.
hopefully, everyone knows I'm kidding
the beating stick can be as big as you want, but generally a thumbs width is the best size though

only if I had a 360, that Namco Museum thing looks awesome (at first I didn't know what the big deal was with that game... till I did research ^^)

If anyone is still looking for Valkyria Chronicles I saw two copies in a bin at the West Covina, CA EB Games. 333 Vincent Ave. Its the one outside the mall. (I think there's a Gamestop in the mall).

Sup fellow CAGers,

Getting to know East Houston and its surrounding areas once again since I move back from Las Vegas .. and here what I found .. Pasadena area GameStop next to Main St / across from Walmart .. a butt load of games listed especially Valkyria Chronicles (about 18 copies) and they have mostly PS3 and X360 games listed as well .. dont bother with the gamestop at Gulfgate mall nor at the Wayside next to Fiesta area cause it been gutted out .. Houston area CAGers show me some love and add me to your friends list .. work out some local trades

My haul so far:
:ps3:
Valkyria Chronicles
:360:
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
:ds:
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
:psp:
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Phantasy Star Portable
Silent Hill: Origins

All brand new & sealed!

I picked up Chrono Trigger. There were plenty of other things I wanted but already had. Oh well, looking forward to playing it and hoping it feels fun enough on the DS to justify buying a game I already have for SNES.

I might have to go hunting for a copy of Valkyria Chronicles now. I don't own a PS3, but I have a roommate moving in next month who does...

[quote name='EnronLackey']Sup fellow CAGers,

Getting to know East Houston and its surrounding areas once again since I move back from Las Vegas .. and here what I found .. Pasadena area GameStop next to Main St / across from Walmart .. a butt load of games listed especially Valkyria Chronicles (about 18 copies) and they have mostly PS3 and X360 games listed as well .. dont bother with the gamestop at Gulfgate mall nor at the Wayside next to Fiesta area cause it been gutted out .. Houston area CAGers show me some love and add me to your friends list .. work out some local trades[/quote]
Did you ask the GS at the Gulfgate location about extra copies? That's where I got my VC. The copy in the clearance bin was gutted but they had 7 that were sealed behind the counter. It seems they like to gut those out on the floor but usually have sealed ones behind the counter. Unless they decided to gut all of them after I left. Thanx for the update on the Pasadena location.

I just wanted to note that I picked up Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for the 360 and got a free Wired guitar.

So guitar + game for $10. Can't beat that.

It's my first guitar hero purchase, to boot.

[quote name='johnnypark']If I only get one, which is better... Ghost Squad or House of the Dead 2&3? I'm tempted to get both, but I can't decide.[/quote]
house of the dead.....ghost squad if fun and you level up (weapons, costumes, etc.) but in the end it only has three levels

How do I get free shipping if my order is less than $25? Just wanted to use my $10 coupon and saw some of you got totals with no shipping added.

I was thinking about trading in the Wii version of Unleashed and getting the PS3 version for my nephew. Does anyone know how much it trades in for? Checked the CAGWiki and didn't see anything.

[quote name='Pojo']I was thinking about trading in the Wii version of Unleashed and getting the PS3 version for my nephew. Does anyone know how much it trades in for? Checked the CAGWiki and didn't see anything.[/QUOTE]

Check the trade in thread here:

GS trade in thread

Finally had to settle for a gutted copy of Valkyria Chronicles at the Wilsonville, OR store. $26.99 after coupon. It looks like it was cleanly gutted (still has some plastic wrap on it). The nice thing was instead of using a circular sticker to "seal" it, he just stuck it in a plastic wrap (like for a comic book).

Just another game on my backlog now...

[quote name='maximumzero']I just wanted to note that I picked up Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for the 360 and got a free Wired guitar.

So guitar + game for $10. Can't beat that.

It's my first guitar hero purchase, to boot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there's an entirely separate thread devoted to that on CAG. Picked one up myself. The funny thing is that a lot of people were reporting that the employees themselves didn't even know about it and their eyes bugged out when they rang people up. :D

They most really want to get rid of that game and those guitars.

My nearest GS has 3-4 sealed copy of VC.

I probably should post this in trading thread.... but
I can help pick it up for $35 shipped. I am not trying to make money here, $30 + tax + shipping + shipping material = I make maybe $0.50.

pm me.

Well I got in on the Guitar Hero Aerosmith with guitar deal. The manager actually encouraged me to take the free guitar. I asked the employee about it at the register and she told me they were two separate deals which I was fine with anyway because I already have two guitars. Then when they were both getting my games from their drawer the manager asked her if I wanted the free guitar with it and she didn't know that it was included with the $9.99 game, so he went and grabbed one from the back. So cheers to Gamestop on that.

I also got Tomb Raider Anniversary with it but they had one copy in the very bottom of the Xbox section, it wasn't with the rest of the Game Days stuff but still rang up at the price given in this thread, so that was cool. Guitar Hero Aerosmith sucks by the way, especially if you're used to Rock Band or even Guitar Hero 3, but for $10 I guess its worth trying.

Just retail drops, I thought I lost the list. The PSP starter kit had 2 UPC's.

:wii:
Cooking Mama World Kitchen - 29.99 (old 39.99)
Munchables - 29.99 (old 39.99)
Klonoa - 29.99 (old 39.99)
Final Fantasy CC Echoes - 39.99 (old 49.99)
Neighborhood Games - 19.99 (old 29.99)
Naked Bros Band - 19.99 (old 29.99)

:nds:
Naked Bros Band - 14.99 (old 19.99)

:psp:
PSP Starter Kit - 24.99 (old 29.99)
UPC 1 - 617885945410
UPC 2 - 617885937088
WWE SD VS RAW 09 - 29.99 (old 39.99)

:ps2:
Naked Bros Band - 14.99 (old 19.99)
WWE SD VS RAW 09 - 29.99 (old 39.99)

:ps3:
Bioshock - 29.99 (old 39.99)
Midnight Club LA - 39.99 (old 59.99)
Saints Row 2 - 49.99 (old 59.99)
Saints Row 2 CE - 49.99 (old 59.99)
WWE SD VS RAW 09 - 49.99 (old 59.99)

:360:
Midnight Club LA - 39.99 (old 59.99)
Saints Row 2 - 49.99 (old 59.99)
Saints Row 2 CE - 49.99 (old 59.99)
WWE SD VS RAW 09 - 49.99 (old 59.99)

Finally got my VC from GS.com, it was misdelivered to a neighbor's place, brand new and sealed, although there were a couple of unusual scratches on the case, but it could have been from my kid brother who opened the package... whatever...

My GameStop had the crappiest selection out on the floor, and no copies of Diablo or Warcraft battlechests :(

Also, no GH: Aerosmith and no more wired guitars for it anyways :\ oh well, guess i saved money...sorta

[quote name='newlu']They keep all battlechests behind the counter at my local GS.[/quote]

oh. of course >.<
damnit. usually they put EVERYTHING out and gut it at my gamestop.
i still doubt they have it behind the counter, but you're probably right, i shoulda asked, though i kinda was hoping not to find them anyways, so i wouldnt spend the money :\

Ugh... I love this wonderful site so god damn much it almost HURTS.

A GH noob like me starting off with III (Blockbuster is selling it new and sealed for $5) & Aerosmith with a free guitar for under $20 including gas expense is simply too good. Thanks OP.

Sux they aren't doing the guitar deal for the PS3 version, I picked up GH Areosmith anyway. The price isn't too bad and my girlfriend loves their music so it's all good. On a seperate note I went in on that walmart deal for GH World Tour + two Guitars for only 70 bucks, next is Metallica and I'll be set LOL.

Picked these up:

3440309535_38833f3678.jpg

FFTA2, Silent Hill 0, FFII, FFT, Dracula X Chronicles, Amityville Horror, Hackers, Species, and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Argh! GS online screw my ordered :( Anyone here ever received wrong items from gamestop.com ? how do they handle it ?[/quote]

You're lucky, a friend of mine one time got to keep the item they mailed wrong AND they sent in the proper game later. Just e-mail GameStop.com customer service. Good luck.

[quote name='toristory']How do I get free shipping if my order is less than $25? Just wanted to use my $10 coupon and saw some of you got totals with no shipping added.[/quote]

don't believe you can?

For those that are wondering, I believe those $10 off codes are linked to your account.

I created a new account because the site thinks I ordered 2 of one of the games. I actually didn't because I cancelled one myself when I found the glitch code and reordered with the glitch, which they cancelled. Apparently, that will still count as buying the item 2 times, even though I have nothing. :roll:

Anyway, I made a new account and put the code in but at checkout, they removed that code. I also tried to use it in conjunction with SAVER but I don't think that made a difference.

If the code wasn't linked to my account originally, then maybe it was linked when I entered the code into my original account to try to reorder a game.

I don't see it listed, but the Gamestop I went to was discounting items that are not listed. For example some PC games were 50% off their retail price. Mostly poker games, but I picked up Dirty Dancing the PC game. Made my little cousin practically squee her brains out.

anybody know where I can get the flyer for this sale? I'm looking to pm valkyria chronicles to best buy or walmart... Do they have the ads at gamestops?

So I told a friend about the Guitar Hero Aerosmith deal and he went to get it and the employee told him that in order to get that deal he had to buy another $60 game, is this true?

[quote name='xjjjay']anybody know where I can get the flyer for this sale? I'm looking to pm valkyria chronicles to best buy or walmart... Do they have the ads at gamestops?[/quote]
BB seems to have stopped carrying VC. It's not on their website and I didn't see it in the stores here neither.

[quote name='eau']BB seems to have stopped carrying VC. It's not on their website and I didn't see it in the stores here neither.[/quote]
Not all....the Galleria (Houston) location had about 4-6 in stock for $60. Maybe they aren't going to restock once sold.

Again, this isn't the right place, but what the hell. For you all on the fence about Valkyria Chronicles the DLC will be available tomorrow. Twitter actually has a use.

bread's done
Back