GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I picked up sealed copies of Valkyria Chronicles, Namco Museum Virtual Arcade, and Sonic Rush Adventure this evening with the intent of returning and repurchasing them on Sunday or Monday. I was assured by the store manager that this would be perfectly okay. Woo![/QUOTE]

Is this YMMV? I've heard conflicting things.

They SHOULD give you the lower price if it's unopened but I'm not sure if there is a policy.

A quick question- in case VC is sold out when I get off work and can pick it up (very likely), does the GI coupon work on online orders? Can I stack it with SAVER?

Just getting my options striaght. ;)

[quote name='Grimm Fandango']Is this YMMV? I've heard conflicting things.

They SHOULD give you the lower price if it's unopened but I'm not sure if there is a policy.[/QUOTE]

Alright just came back from my local store. They have a gutted (new) copy but that's fine with me. So they put the copy in a plastic wrap to "seal" it.

The manager said I could return it on Sunday and get the sale discount as long as I didn't open it. He also signed the receipt.

[quote name='Grimm Fandango']Alright just came back from my local store. They have a gutted (new) copy but that's fine with me. So they put the copy in a plastic wrap to "seal" it.

The manager said I could return it on Sunday and get the sale discount as long as I didn't open it. He also signed the receipt.[/quote]
JohnHancockSignature.jpg

how much for MGS EC i been looking one (just want MGS1 and BOX for my MGS 2& 3

I'll probably pick Valkyria Chronicles but I wanted to know if Chrono Trigger is worth 30 bucks. I usually don't pay more than 20 for a DS game, especially if its a glorified SNES rom but I've never played it and know it a supposed "classic".

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'll probably pick Valkyria Chronicles but I wanted to know if Chrono Trigger is worth 30 bucks. I usually don't pay more than 20 for a DS game, especially if its a glorified SNES rom but I've never played it and know it a supposed "classic".[/QUOTE]

Chrono Trigger is worth well over full retail price, so I think it's a steal at $30. It's one of the best RPGs ever made, and that's not just hyperbole.

[quote name='Han Solo']Picked up Phantasy Star Portable (sealed) today...hope it drops to 20 bucks on Sunday...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's $30 on sale, not $20.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']can we view all the prices for the sale on the site somewhere,or just the ones listed in the weekly add??[/quote]

Check the OP.

[quote name='eddie291']The B1G1 free sale only applies to used games right?[/quote]

correct but people are saying there is a b2g1 free and some are saying its not . im relly hoping there is :cry:

EXIT DS is $9.99 in case anyone hadn't mentioned it yet. The store I stopped into tonight was already stickering cases for tomorrow - BIG box of PSP and DS games, console stuff still to come.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so the sale starts tomorrow or at midnight tomorrow?[/quote]

3/30 Update #2 - According to a number of GS employees, the sale will actually begin on the evening of April 4th at those stores that are having a midnight launch for the DSi.

So does anyone know when "evening" starts for GS?

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'll probably pick Valkyria Chronicles but I wanted to know if Chrono Trigger is worth 30 bucks. I usually don't pay more than 20 for a DS game, especially if its a glorified SNES rom but I've never played it and know it a supposed "classic".[/quote]

Yes, but I believe CT is like $26.99 at Gamecrazy. But regardless, it's a game that is worth it! But I'm like you, I wait for it to go down in price.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, I was wondering if I had to wait till midnight to buy or just be there at night when lines start forming.[/quote]

Yeah, you wouldn't need to wait till midnight since they don't sell anything after they close. Its gona start tomorrow evening before they close, or it wont. :)

Urg.... I really have my fingers crossed for the B2G1.

I'm assuming we still have no yes/no answer. I'm going to pick up Sonic Unleashed for $30 anyway- I feel that's a fair price. My friend's selling me Dead Space for $20, so I'll get to cross off two of the games I missed in the end year mountain... still got about 5 to go from just 2009. *sighs*

well, just came back from GS and bought a selaed copy of VC and FF III. employee confirmed the $30 for VC and $15 for FFIII. he said he had multiple copies of each game but that they were all going to be GUTTED!!!!!! WTF!! he said that they were informed to gut all copies for this sale. so i asked if i could buy them now and return them for the difference on sunday and he said no problem. so, my recomendation to you guys is to buy sealed copies now and get the difference on sunday. happy hunting cagers!

[quote name='darkpice']well, just came back from GS and bought a selaed copy of VC and FF III. employee confirmed the $30 for VC and $15 for FFIII. he said he had multiple copies of each game but that they were all going to be GUTTED!!!!!! WTF!! he said that they were informed to gut all copies for this sale. so i asked if i could buy them now and return them for the difference on sunday and he said no problem. so, my recomendation to you guys is to buy sealed copies now and get the difference on sunday. happy hunting cagers![/quote]

Did you learn of the status of B2G1?

lol...

Sounds great though. If I had more money, I'd definitely pick up VC (I'm buying my PS3 in summer).

[quote name='darkpice']well, just came back from GS and bought a selaed copy of VC and FF III. employee confirmed the $30 for VC and $15 for FFIII. he said he had multiple copies of each game but that they were all going to be GUTTED!!!!!! WTF!! he said that they were informed to gut all copies for this sale. so i asked if i could buy them now and return them for the difference on sunday and he said no problem. so, my recomendation to you guys is to buy sealed copies now and get the difference on sunday. happy hunting cagers![/QUOTE]

Damn... that's such crap.

I should really go out and get the games I want as I'm guessing a lot of people are buying now to PM later.

The manager at the store I went to tonight said that there would be a B2G1 sale coinciding with the GameDays sale. I don't know if that's just for Sunday or what exactly, but there will be on Sunday at a minimum.

I don't really have anything to buy anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. I'm still holding out for Boom Blox 2 and PunchOut!, neither of which is even for sale yet, let alone used. I'll get the next B2G1 or one during the summer.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I hope the printed ad shows the discount on MGS 1-3 collection so I can PM at BB[/quote]

According to Sa2vador, the MGS Essentials is not part of the sale, unfortunately.

Valk Chron is WORTH IT at 60$, so pick it up at 29.99! (I wish this sale had come around when i bought my copy 3 months ago, but I dont regret it, the game was great!)

I've only been skimming this gigantic thread (mostly interested when the price list went up), so maybe someone did mention this.

For some the games, it's actually cheaper to buy them used and use a coupon+edge than buying it during the sale. But, at least with the sale, you're pretty much guaranteed the copy of the game to be complete.

Anywho...a few things I'm interested in, but nothing that I must buy now. I'll see if the stores near my workplace still has games I want as the sale winds down and the prices drop.

This may have already been answered, but will the used price for games drop as well to match the new temporary price? (ex. a game marked down from $60 to $30 will be $26 used etc.)

[quote name='Jedah Doma']This may have already been answered, but will the used price for games drop as well to match the new temporary price? (ex. a game marked down from $60 to $30 will be $26 used etc.)[/quote]

i doubt it. back around xmas when left 4 dead was 49.99 new they had it used on the shelf for 54.99

[quote name='jacs']Damn and i bought Valkyria Chronicles online on the 21st :wall:[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can return it to any GS store. Not sure if you can rebuy it or if they can price adjust it.

[quote name='converse']The manager at the store I went to tonight said that there would be a B2G1 sale coinciding with the GameDays sale. I don't know if that's just for Sunday or what exactly, but there will be on Sunday at a minimum.

I don't really have anything to buy anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. I'm still holding out for Boom Blox 2 and PunchOut!, neither of which is even for sale yet, let alone used. I'll get the next B2G1 or one during the summer.[/quote]

this is the best news i've heard in awhile, thanks :bouncy:

at the Cerritos store there is a B2G1 PS2 game sale going on. The only catch is that you have to buy any ps2 system.

bread's done
Back