GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cashed in on this sale 9CST. I went to a gamestop, and the employee informed me that they started the sale at 9. They had 3 VCs, 6 ish Chrono triggers, and a good amount of FFTa2. Everything else seemed in multiples of 5 at least.

I picked up two copies of VC, and got the GH:A with the free guitar also.

lol at people going early, waiting and those securing their non-gutted new games. I'll stay here at home, have some quiet time with the wife, play some Killzone and pick up what I want tomorrow morning :)

[quote name='urge26']lol at people going early, waiting and those securing their non-gutted new games. I'll stay here at home, have some quiet time with the wife, play some Killzone and pick up what I want tomorrow morning :)[/quote]

Waiting ? There was no line, and considering the very best stuff is in limited supply (vc) I'd hope your smugness is rightly founded, or you will be displeased tomorrow.

I hate tools that go in and buy multiple copies of these games on sale simply because they can. I hope you get AIDS.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Let someone else cash in on the deal.

[quote name='handisnacks']I hate tools that go in and buy multiple copies of these games on sale simply because they can. I hope you get AIDS.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Let someone else cash in on the deal.[/quote]
This seems a little harsh, especially since, like most things, this is a first come first serve kind of thing.

So is the Metal gear solid collection for PS2 not on the list...? When GameStop had the Gamedays 09 page up the MGS collection was listed on there.

[quote name='handisnacks']I hate tools that go in and buy multiple copies of these games on sale simply because they can. I hope you get AIDS.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Let someone else cash in on the deal.[/quote]

You're awesome. Wishing AIDs on people is even cooler than riding a T-Rex with Jesus. You win at life.

Now that's a really stupid comment. Perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Is your life so empty that you wish AIDS upon someone that buys more than one copy? I enjoy games as much as the next guy, but it doesn't control my soul to the point where I start wishing the spread of AIDS if I don't get my way. What a crybaby. Did you think you'd sound cool and impressive saying that?

[quote name='ackbar7']This seems a little harsh, especially since, like most things, this is a first come first serve kind of thing.[/quote]
Oh ok, well that totally excuses it then. You win. You have every right to be a complete dick.

:roll:

Posting this again because I'm still curious:

So is the Metal gear solid collection for PS2 not on the list...? When GameStop had the Gamedays 09 page up the MGS collection was listed on there.

sorry if this was answered before.. didnt see it on OP

for the sale online, will the price drops just be reflected on the selected products' regular item page...

or is there a special gamedays page with the price dropped items there?

i noticed the gamestop link in OP no longer links to anything

thanks in advance.. hoping for online deals as dont want to go outside!

Gamestop.com says it's cool for us to get two copies of Valkyria per household. :S

I'm not going to bother doing that. Just saying.

[quote name='handisnacks']Oh ok, well that totally excuses it then. You win. You have every right to be a complete dick.

:roll:[/quote]

Yeah, he is the dick ... Wishing a terrible disease on people whom purchases multiple copies of a video game is awesome though.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Gamestop.com says it's cool for us to get two copies of Valkyria per household. :S

I'm not going to bother doing that. Just saying.[/quote]
Well yes, but this never stops people (anyone with a brain) from buying more than a "set amount." Just get a friend or two to help.

My point still stands. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

[quote name='MooHawk']Yeah, he is the dick ... Wishing a terrible disease on people whom purchases multiple copies of a video game is awesome though.[/quote]
Karma pays these people back, eventually. I'm not "karma," though, or else it would be AIDS, haha.

I don't understand how I am the dick for walking in to a business and purchasing what they sell because it is in stock. It's called capitalism, our system of economics, look it up sometime.

[quote name='ackbar7']I don't understand how I am the dick for walking in to a business and purchasing what they sell because it is in stock. It's called capitalism, our system of economics, look it up sometime.[/quote]
Capitalism has it's flaws, just like any other. You are abusing it, or taking advantage of it.

Congrats on being part of the problem!

[quote name='handisnacks']Capitalism has it's flaws, just like any other. You are abusing it, or taking advantage of it.

Congrats on being part of the problem![/quote]

Go away.

Any idea what time the sales go up online? I might hit a GS tomorrow during my lunch break, but I don't want to deal with a bunch of DSi fiasco if I decide to make a run there.

[quote name='handisnacks']Capitalism has it's flaws, just like any other. You are abusing it, or taking advantage of it.

Congrats on being part of the problem![/quote]

No, you can't take advantage of capitalism, if you know what the definition of a Capitalistic economy is. Try looking into Invisible Hand theory sometime. Maybe The Wealth of Nations.

People acting in their own Rational Self-interest is what drives a market economy.

[quote name='MooHawk']No, you can't take advantage of capitalism, if you know what the definition of a Capitalistic economy is. Try looking into Invisible Hand theory sometime. Maybe The Wealth of Nations.

People acting in their own Rational Self-interest is what drives a market economy.[/quote]
Haha spoken like a true blind republican.

It's cool to take advantage of the system, right?!?! Like giving people loans who don't quite qualify for it, for some quick cash! That's why our economy is thriving right now!

Ah...Well it looks like that MGS Essentials Collection won't be there on GameDays. It WAS listed when GameStop originally put up the GameDays 09 page, but it's not on the OP's list. Also, it's "currently not available" on GameStop.com(It used to just be backordered) and the only stores near me that have it are like 2 hours away.

Waiting ? There was no line

That my friend reinforces my decision, there's 400 gamestops in my neck of the woods, and I'm betting there will be many VC's available anywhere I go. It has been fun to read all of the winner posts in the thread though :applause:

[quote name='handisnacks']Haha spoken like a true blind republican.[/quote]

Spoken like a true douchebag trying to start some dumb political shit in a thread about VIDEO GAME DEALS.

I just got back from GS and I got Valkyria Chronicles. Some odd reason, I was able to buy the game at 11:30pm yea that's 30mins for the midnight.

[quote name='NutManIV']Posting this again because I'm still curious:

So is the Metal gear solid collection for PS2 not on the list...? When GameStop had the Gamedays 09 page up the MGS collection was listed on there.[/QUOTE]

Doubting it. Seems like everything that will be on sale is in-stock with a "Limit 2 per household" tag already. Also, no stores near me have any in stock.

Why do people need 2 VC? Why not let more people experience the game without having to buy it on ebay overpriced or wait for people who will just hold it to sell for more a long time from now.

[quote name='BrandonJ33']Doubting it. Seems like everything that will be on sale is in-stock with a "Limit 2 per household" tag already. Also, no stores near me have any in stock.[/quote]
Yeah and every GS in town just got them in stock also. I checked 5 minutes ago and there were not a lot of VCs around, and right now every store shows it in stock. This to me seems like evidence that the price drop online should happen soon.

Debating capitalism in a game deals thread? :wall:

I think I'm going to pick up Metal Slug 7 for sure and possibly Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Thanks for the heads up on the ds deals.

I got bored and walked over to my local GS and picked up Valkyria Chronicles, gutted but who cares. Only thing is the guy put the gameday sale sticker on it right there, I was on phone and didn't notice til too late. Oh well stupid me.

Thanks for posting the list guys!

[quote name='J7.']Why do people need 2 VC? Why not let more people experience the game without having to buy it on ebay overpriced or wait for people who will just hold it to sell for more a long time from now.[/quote]
[soap box]

Because capitalism breeds selfishness. Bernie Madoff anyone!?

It's why our society is falling apart right now, in another quasi-depression.

[/soap box]

OK enough of my ranting. I got my copy of VC taken care of. I hope others are able to attain ones for themselves as well. Don't let douche bags abuse the 2 per household policy.

Just picked up my DSi in Seekonk, MA. Also grabbed the $9.99 GH Aerosmith with the free wired guitar. Looks like they had plenty guitars in stock.

[quote name='BrandonJ33']Doubting it. Seems like everything that will be on sale is in-stock with a "Limit 2 per household" tag already. Also, no stores near me have any in stock.[/quote]

If that's the case then the UMD list is a bit off. Of the 5 movies I was looking for only 1 was available. Strangely at its reduced price already. It's Cowboy Bebop - The Movie in case you were wondering. $4.99 new but $7.99 used.

[quote name='NutManIV']Spoken like a true douchebag trying to start some dumb political shit in a thread about VIDEO GAME DEALS.[/quote]

no suprise from a threat that's brought out:

- this sale stinks, gamestop blows they gut their games
- gamestop is going to gut these games, I'm going to stay away
- can I buy the games before the sale, and return/rebuy them? my gamestop says you can't do this.
- I'm going to purchase these games 3 days inadvance of the sale, "I hear crickets"

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']The people buying multiple copies of VC are likely going to flip it on ebay. fuckers.[/quote]

Then supply and demand will take place.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']The people buying multiple copies of VC are likely going to flip it on ebay. fuckers.[/quote]

So ? The area of town where I bought my two copies never sell RPGs. I go there whenever a new RPG is out, and I'm always the only person in line. So that copy of VC can either sit in the bin, and no one buy it. Or I can purchase it put it on eBay, and let a true capitalistic market place decide whom wants it. Those that legitimately wanted a copy of VC and weren't quick enough to get it at 30$ can get it for what ever the winning auction is.

[quote name='MooHawk']So ? The area of town where I bought my two copies never sell RPGs. I go there whenever a new RPG is out, and I'm always the only person in line. So that copy of VC can either sit in the bin, and no one buy it. Or I can purchase it put it on eBay, and let a true capitalistic market place decide whom wants it. Those that legitimately wanted a copy of VC and weren't quick enough to get it at 30$ can get it for what ever the winning auction is.[/QUOTE]

Because someone could legitmately want the game, and you took it to make a profit off of it and didn't let someone else have the fun. It's not illegal or anything, just immoral.

Also, do you have to bring the Xplorer up with you or do they have them in the back room?

[quote name='Busyman']Tomb Raider Anniversery
Crash Of The Titans
Valkyria Chronicles[/QUOTE]

if you have a decent enough computer, TR is $5 on Steam...

[quote name='MooHawk']So ? The area of town where I bought my two copies never sell RPGs. I go there whenever a new RPG is out, and I'm always the only person in line. So that copy of VC can either sit in the bin, and no one buy it. Or I can purchase it put it on eBay, and let a true capitalistic market place decide whom wants it. Those that legitimately wanted a copy of VC and weren't quick enough to get it at 30$ can get it for what ever the winning auction is.[/quote]
Not everyone who wanted VC is able to go right now or tomorrow to get it. A true CAG would leave the copy there for the next person.

[quote name='Nikadimas']If that's the case then the UMD list is a bit off. Of the 5 movies I was looking for only 1 was available. Strangely at its reduced price already. It's Cowboy Bebop - The Movie in case you were wondering. $4.99 new but $7.99 used.[/quote]
I think some of the movies from last gamedays never sold.

So what are most of you thinking for the online deal? I'm eastern time zone so I figure I'll give it 10 more minutes and see if the sale goes live at 12:00 central.

bread's done
Back