GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this issue has been raised, but what's up with the MGS Essential Collection?

I was really looking forward to buying it (online, particularly, since it is nowhere within 100 miles of my town) and they're not accepting orders, nor do they display an actual "sale" on the item - it's still at it's original price!

Sorry if this is a repeat, I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on.

I jumped in on the glitch. I'm still going to Gamestop tomorrow to buy VC in case my order gets canceled.

Valkyria Chronicles ($30)
2 $20 PlayStation Network Cards ($40)

Total after tax came out to a little over $60.

[quote name='disillusion386']Maybe I should go to my local store tomorrow anyway and get the game. Are we allowed to do returns for gutted games?[/quote]
Like other poster said, just make sure to tell the clerk to put a 'seal' over each game in case you change your mind later or something.

[quote name='mrrepoman']Most ppl wish they could take advantages of the the great deals on cars, jewelry, and houses right now...but without job security no one will be making larger purchases. This is why the gaming business is doing so good despite the economy.

Back on topic.[/quote]

No one? Some are definitely taking advantage and making larger purchases, not many, but some. There has never been a better time to buy a home than now. Autos next. Home financing averaging less than 5%, autos up to $5000 in rebates and 0% for 36mth (Mazdas, I just bought a '10 Mazda 3).

Yes, gaming is fun and cheap enertainment, and yes the industry is doing very well considering the recession but think about all the $$$ you've spent on gaming over the years. For a "hardcore gamer," one would be surprised at the hundreds/thousands of dollars spent over 3, 4, 5 yrs or so.

Well, the final order page on GS.com said 9.99 for Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, but now the confirmation email is saying it was 19.99

I'm going to be on the phone with them IMMEDIATELY monday if they try to pull that.

When I tried to add stuff to my cart I get the following message:
"We tried, but we just couldn't find the page you were looking for."

:cry:

It seems like a number of people have gotten incorrect confirmation e-mails. This is why I always print up the order confirmation. Anyway, hopefully, the orders will be correct when they show up on the site.

Well if word doesn't get around about the glitch, everything will be fine.

But the more people talk about it and mention how to exploit it, the bigger chance there is that they'll cancel all orders using it.

[quote name='DarkZion']Well if word doesn't get around about the glitch, everything will be fine.

But the more people talk about it and mention how to exploit it, the bigger chance there is that they'll cancel all orders using it.[/quote]

I think the glitch is potentially huge enough where they wouldn't allow even a couple of orders to pass through.

[quote name='newlu']When I tried to add stuff to my cart I get the following message:
"We tried, but we just couldn't find the page you were looking for."

:cry:[/quote]

I get the same thing. It's actually been showing up like that all day. Works in IE, but not Firefox.

I think the glitch has been fixed. I had 4 games in my cart with the glitch pricing went to add a 5th and poof the discounts were gone. I didn't place the order.

[quote name='thelonepig']I get the same thing. It's actually been showing up like that all day. Works in IE, but not Firefox.[/quote]

Clear your cookies!!

My order showed up. In case you bought it when the pricing was being all wacky, it does get adjusted to the sales price when it shows up in your order history.

[quote name='Hostile']I think the glitch is potentially huge enough where they wouldn't allow even a couple of orders to pass through.[/quote]
Maybe. I'm not sure how GameStop would handle it, but most other companies just catch it and stop it, without needing to cancel all orders that used it.

[quote name='DarkZion']Maybe. I'm not sure how GameStop would handle it, but most other companies just catch it and stop it, without needing to cancel all orders that used it.[/quote]

Not sure about that. If it doesn't reach the shipping phase, most companies would cancel an order that exploited the use of a coupon if it is substantial enough (like it is in this case).

bought some games with the coupon for flipping purposes. dont really matter if it goes through or not. oh well. :p

PUTS ON FLAME SHIELD.

[quote name='haywire69']Are all the Gamestops opening early for this sale or only some of them?[/quote]

Nope. You might want to check the pdf on GS.com. They are opening early for the DSi launch.

[quote name='gomikeoh']bought some games with the coupon for flipping purposes. dont really matter if it goes through or not. oh well. :p

PUTS ON FLAME SHIELD.[/quote]

I think you're in good company in this here thread.

Why is the VALUE coupon working, have RE:UC on my cart, and the requirements for the coupon is orders more than $25

Nvm, got it to work with SAVER.

yup had the same problem. I just pressed the arrow next to 66. lol. but yeah. got VC for 32 bones. thanks guys for the heads up

PS I dont own a PS3. probably get one in a month or 2. just need the right deal ... hmmm ...

[quote name='rockslasthope']yup had the same problem. I just pressed the arrow next to 66. lol. but yeah. got VC for 32 bones. thanks guys for the heads up

PS I dont own a PS3. probably get one in a month or 2. just need the right deal ... hmmm ...[/quote]

Not wanting to start the Playstation Credit Card / credit cards are evil argument but I just got a PS3 after Rebates and coupons for $25. I was waiting for the right deal as well and it seemed to be a great deal.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211521

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I placed a couple orders using the glitch. I already got a sealed Valkyria Chronicles in store, and that's all I really wanted at the non-glitch price point. Hopefully my orders don't get cancelled, but it won't be the end of the world if it happens.

[quote name='newlu']My card's already been charged.
Looks like it's a go![/quote]
So has mine.

(Whew! Good thing I transferred over some money from my savings account.) :bouncy:

[quote name='gomikeoh']bought some games with the coupon for flipping purposes. dont really matter if it goes through or not. oh well. :p

PUTS ON FLAME SHIELD.[/quote]

Flipping games is cool; is that your primary source of income?

Heh, added a pre order game (infamous), VC and GH aerosmith. Got VC for $25, GH:A for $5, and infamous for $55. Then cancelled my preorder and my account shows VC and GH:A for $32.59 shipped...I think if this actually goes through I might feel kinda dirty but it would be an amazing deal.

[quote name='IheartGames']Flipping games is cool; is that your primary source of income?[/quote]

The answer to that should be a definitive 'No'.

[quote name='jatty']Heh, added a pre order game (infamous), VC and GH aerosmith. Got VC for $25, GH:A for $5, and infamous for $55. Then cancelled my preorder and my account shows VC and GH:A for $32.59 shipped...I think if this actually goes through I might feel kinda dirty but it would be an amazing deal.[/quote]

You kick ass...two crappy overstocked games for 32.59 too much.

[quote name='IheartGames']You kick ass...two crappy overstocked games for 32.59 too much.[/quote]

Uh, yeah, we don't really need any trolls.

[quote name='Shady3011']The answer to that should be a definitive 'No'.[/quote]

Sorry, but why are you responding on behalf of gomikeoh?

[quote name='Shady3011']Uh, yeah, we don't really need any trolls.[/quote]
Exactly...thought he was banned some time ago...guess not

What is wrong with that crappy list of games for the PS3, PS2, and Xbox 360. I really wanted some good deals but I guess I have to go in-store and search for good deals myself.
Hopefully the store has better deals. Wait, are the deals only limited to the site?

Didn't mess with the glitch because all I wanted was VC and I have been waiting for that price point since the game released. Can't wait to finally have the full retail version of the game as the demo levels have become pretty boring as of late.

bread's done
Back