GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chronotrigga']I just drove over to one of my Gamestops next to Walmart and grabbed Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and a Controller for $10.[/quote]
I'm not aware of this deal. I know GH: Aerosmith is $9.99. Is the guitar free with purchase of a GH game or something?'

What's the make/model for this guitar?

I called my local Gamestop and they told me GH: A for the 360 was still 29 dollars. I ROFL'ed at him, then /facepalmed, then cried a little on the inside.

[quote name='eau']I'm not aware of this deal. I know GH: Aerosmith is $9.99. Is the guitar free with purchase of a GH game or something?'

What's the make/model for this guitar?[/quote]
Its the Xplorer.

[quote name='evergoo']I jumped in on the glitch. I'm still going to Gamestop tomorrow to buy VC in case my order gets canceled.

Valkyria Chronicles ($30)
2 $20 PlayStation Network Cards ($40)

Total after tax came out to a little over $60.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. It's great that Network Cards can be used in the $5 glitch

Just a Heads Up: The GameStop in APEX, NC at Beaver Creek Commons has all their copies of Valkyria Chronicles marked at $9.99!!! It rang up at $29.99, but the woman did an override and i got it for $9.99. They still had multiple copies left at approx 11:30 am this morning.

[quote name='keithf25']Just a Heads Up: The GameStop in APEX, NC at Beaver Creek Commons has all their copies of Valkyria Chronicles marked at $9.99!!! It rang up at $29.99, but the woman did an override and i got it for $9.99. They still had multiple copies left at approx 11:30 am this morning.[/quote]
jawdrop.gif

[quote name='sadunk']Great. Someone posted the "5" on SD. Come on people![/quote]

well that will put it over the top.
congrats to all for the posts and posts, pages and pages of bragging.
orders will be canceled for certain now.
IF you really want VC or ?, better head to your nearest store ASAP, the store I went to this morning only received one VC.

To the Aerosmith people, is the guitar free with the PS3 version?

Going today, might get GH:A, FFII, or Sonic Rush. Might see if any of the prices on wrong for VC or Sonic Unleashed.

[quote name='jwizzle5786']To the Aerosmith people, is the guitar free with the PS3 version?[/quote]
I'm wondering the same thing. Is it an advertised deal? It's a NEW Xplorer guitar, right?

[quote name='JCDenton']Why does this thread have 71 pages? The prices are trash except for a couple games.[/quote]

Valkyria Chronicles.

Picked up Valkyria Chronicles. It wasn't even in the Game Days bin, but they had a brand new ungutted sealed copy so I was happy.

[quote name='sadunk']Great. Someone posted the "5" on SD. Come on people![/quote]

They were going to kill all of those orders anyway, but this guarantees it.

Walked in, picked up Namco Museum, walked out.

Saw a guy trade in a stack of PS3 games, including Uncharted, to get approximately $28, which he then bought Killzone 2. ugh.

fuck me. The store I called yesterday told me they WEREN'T going to open every copy of a game but sure enough when I got there, they were. Probably an overly-zealous employee that follows company policy no matter how much sense it doesn't makes . I'm kicking myself for not having them just hold it for me. Regardless, VC for only 27 dollars is a killer deal. Maybe I'll go back out and grab a guitar hero too (as long as it comes with the X-plorer)

[quote name='eau']I'm wondering the same thing. Is it an advertised deal? It's a NEW Xplorer guitar, right?[/quote]

360 only

Man... just got back... games flying out of the bin. If you want any of these you better stop reading and get to the store fast.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Man... just got back... games flying out of the bin. If you want any of these you better stop reading and get to the store fast.[/QUOTE]

I find this hard to believe. In prior Game Days sales, games have stagnated in the bins for weeks.

whats this valkaria chronicles everyone seems to be talking about. that game SOUNDS like it sucks. ill look into it but i just pisses me off how everyone talk about this game

Yeah picked up GH:Aerosmith and got the free guitar. They had no Diablos 2 Chests :(

whats this valkaria chronicles everyone seems to be talking about. that game SOUNDS like it sucks. ill look into it but i just pisses me off how everyone talk about this game

Arguably the best game of last year, that will never come to 360 and there's nothing like it on the 360. Just a great overall game, amazing even.

Got to the Valparaiso, IN one just as they were opening. I wasn't the only one, though. There was a good handful of people ready and waiting in the parking lot for the store to open.

Went straight to the bins. Much to my surprise, the games were SEALED. Picked up a sealed copy of Namco Arcade and went along my way. The cute cashier was there today, too!

I'd be quick on the draw, a lot of people headed for the bins there when they opened. Good stuff will go fast, for sure.

There is NO B2G1. I just got back so this is a confirmation. Also no mgs collection.
Picked up RE essentials and dmc collection for 35. All unopened. Ya just gotta ask.

[quote name='eau']I'm not aware of this deal. I know GH: Aerosmith is $9.99. Is the guitar free with purchase of a GH game or something?'

What's the make/model for this guitar?[/quote]
Just found out it's in the OP.

It's a wired 360 Explorer guitar free with the purchase of GH: Aerosmith game ($9.99 for the PS3 version). It's an odd combination (360 guitar with PS3 game) but the guitar is free :)

I was the only one at my Gamestop that didn't get a DSi this morning (no midnight launch). Got the only copy of VC, but forgot my gameinformer coupon (fuck me!). Oh well, at least I have my backup ready in case they, you know, canc-- amend the online orders.

I got Valkyria Chronicles for 10 bucks lol used store credit plus the 10% coupon, I asked if I could get a sealed copy and I got it. Yep, you just gotta ask, I think I got the last one though

[quote name='ferzan']whats this valkaria chronicles everyone seems to be talking about. that game SOUNDS like it sucks. ill look into it but i just pisses me off how everyone talk about this game[/quote]
CAN SOM1 TEL ME HOW BABBY FORMED

Score on Valkyria Chronicles and a no go on Aerosmith w/free guitar. The associate pretty much said the free guitar deal wasn't going on and wouldn't stack.

Could have stayed and argued it, but the line was crazy for the DSi and I just wanted to get out of standing shoulder to shoulder with other customers.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

I just returned from a Gamestop in Indiana, PA and got Guitar Hero Aerosmith for $9.99 + the free wired xplorer guitar controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my store didn't have the Xplorer guitars out, so I asked if they were still being given out with GH:Aero but the manager said no.

So I had her look at a receipt I had from a purchase a few days ago where the clerk didn't use the 10% coupon I had. She was able to get me a few dollars in a refund so I just got Elite Beat Agents for $0.75 lol. Might get Namco eventually, but in no hurry with a bunch of better games in the backlog.

Went planning on just getting VC, but instead I ended up spending almost $100! :)

:ps3: Valkyria Chronicles
:360: Namco Virtual Arcade, GH: Aerosmith (with free X-plorer)
:ds: FF3
:psp: FF1, FF2, Castlevania: Dracula X

The free X-plorer made my 10% coupon not work for some reason, so he had to manually adjust the prices. Make sure you doublecheck your receipt if you're getting one.

[quote name='oc_bastard']Score on Valkyria Chronicles and a no go on Aerosmith w/free guitar. The associate pretty much said the free guitar deal wasn't going on and wouldn't stack.

Could have stayed and argued it, but the line was crazy for the DSi and I just wanted to get out of standing shoulder to shoulder with other customers.

Thanks for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]

Was it for PS3 or xbox 360 because the guitar deal was for xbox 360 only?

[quote name='Vinny']Well, since the code is on SD... I guess we can expect our orders to be canceled.[/quote]
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Here's to optimism though! :beer:

[quote name='ferzan']whats this valkaria chronicles everyone seems to be talking about. that game SOUNDS like it sucks. ill look into it but i just pisses me off how everyone talk about this game[/quote]

The reason everyone is talking about it is that VC is one of about 5 actual good deals here. GUARANTEED if say Fallout 3 was going to be like 25$ everyone would be talking about fallout 3.

[quote name='sunghost']LOL thanks, I haven't watched that before.. now your post makes more sense.[/QUOTE]

LOL thank you for making my day!

don't give up hope guys, gamestop went through with my glitched order!
Got
Resident Evill Umbrella Chronicles x2
Valkyria Chronicles x2
for 108.34

now my paypal account is showing a hold of 54.17 from gamestop, exactly half of the price of the order, anyone know what it means?

Went and picked up Final Fantasy 3 for the DS, and used my %10 off coupon. Pretty good deal, and will keep me entertained on my trip this summer.

bread's done
Back