GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingFergy']Was it for PS3 or xbox 360 because the guitar deal was for xbox 360 only?[/quote]

Tried on the 360 version and didn't work. I don't even own a 360, just wanted Aerosmith for a flip and the guitar for a friend. Ended up passing on it since I was shot down on the guitar.

[quote name='jwizzle5786']To the Aerosmith people, is the guitar free with the PS3 version?

Going today, might get GH:A, FFII, or Sonic Rush. Might see if any of the prices on wrong for VC or Sonic Unleashed.[/quote]

360 version at my store.

Got my sealed copy of Valkyria Chronicles. Good to being paying the price that a game should be after coming out in November.

I picked up:
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy Tactics
Valkyria Chronicles

They gutted all the games which kind of pissed me off, but oh well. Just curious though... any chance Best Buy would price match GS's prices?

I picked up Guitar Hero Aerosmith with the free guitar for $8.99 The game and guitar were brand new not gutted.

[quote name='oc_bastard']Tried on the 360 version and didn't work. I don't even own a 360, just wanted Aerosmith for a flip and the guitar for a friend. Ended up passing on it since I was shot down on the guitar.[/QUOTE]

If they say the deal is no go, just tell them that you would like to purchase one of the wired X-plorer guitars (mine were marked $39.99) and have them ring it up with your $9.99 copy of 360 Aerosmith GH and when they total it, the game will ring up at $9.98 and the guitar will ring at $0.01. Surprised the hell out of both places I did this at, but they didn't give me any trouble. Thanks OP!

Rich

I scored EXIT - DS ($10) and Namco Virtual Arcade - 360 ($15)

All cases that were out were gutted, but they grabbed a sealed copy of Namco from behind the counter and took my gutted case back to the display, which I thought was odd.
The EXIT cartridge was behind the counter as the usual gutted experience dictates.

Also, a shout out to the C.A.G. who stopped me and asked me about the achievements on Namco Virtual Arcade at the Walmart Gamestop in Asheville, NC. Hit me up here or on LIVE to game.

[quote name='Goodwill Hunter']If they say the deal is no go, just tell them that you would like to purchase one of the wired X-plorer guitars (mine were marked $39.99) and have them ring it up with your $9.99 copy of 360 Aerosmith GH and when they total it, the game will ring up at $9.98 and the guitar will ring at $0.01. Surprised the hell out of both places I did this at, but they didn't give me any trouble. Thanks OP!

Rich[/quote]
lol, too bad is only for 360.

i was also able to transact the GH:A deal at two Gamestops this morning with no questions asked. one of the GH:As is sealed so I'll probably get rid of that one.

I just got back from the Cambridge OH store. They had the 360 GHA for $9.99 but if you wanted one with the free guitar you had to pay $29.99

I picked up GH: Aerosmith (with the free Xplorer), Silent Hill: Origins, and Civilization Revolution DS. GH and Silent Hill were gutted by CRDS was sealed.

Man what a lousy sale. I wanted Valkyrie Chronicles, but every copy was open. I want sealed. SIck of Gamestop unsealed crap. Oh and the metal gear solid for PSP is the lousy plus version.

[quote name='txdave34']Man what a lousy sale. I wanted Valkyrie Chronicles, but every copy was open. I want sealed. SIck of Gamestop unsealed crap. Oh and the metal gear solid for PSP is the lousy plus version.[/quote]

If you want it sealed, you can order online with the code SAVER for free shipping.

I am not trying to be a jerk but that is absouloutly the WORST sale I ever seen in a while. Gamestop much awaited sale is nothing but a worthless atempt to clear stock of random games form 4 years ago with minor savings.

Went to the EB Stop on 86th and Lex in NYC. Picked up sealed copies of the following:
:ps3: Valkyria Chronicles
:360: GH Aerosmith; Tomb Raider Anniversary; Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
:psp: Final Fantasy I; Final Fantasy II; Final Fantasy Tactics; Mortal Kombat Unchained; Castlevania; MGS Portable Ops Plus; Silent Hill Origins; Worms Open Warfare
:wii: Sam & Max
:ds: Metal Slug 7; Sonic Rush Adventure
Total: $210
FYI: They are "gutting" a good number of games...but if you ask them for a sealed copy, they'll grab you one from behind the counter.

Not trying to ignite the fires, but what does "gutting" mean?

I think it means just taking the plastic wrap off, but "gutting" seems to be a harsh term for just removing plastic wrap.

[quote name='Lethal Lottery']I am not trying to be a jerk but that is absouloutly the WORST sale I ever seen in a while. Gamestop much awaited sale is nothing but a worthless atempt to clear stock of random games form 4 years ago with minor savings.[/quote]

Agreed, it's an awful sale. Won't even get me to go into the store to look around.

Worst. Sale. Ever.

I've been wanting Namco Museum for 360 for awhile, and this finally convinced me to buy it (I'm glad classic compilations aren't dead despite DLC). Galaga Legions is fricking sweet.

Every single game in my store was gutted. Oh the humanity! Fortunately they had all been gutted in the last day or two, so they are in like new condition, but it still sucks. They had about 5 more copies of Valkyria Chronicles if anyone needs me to pick one up.

Managed to get:
DS Headphones - 2.69
Phantasy Star Portable - 9.99 They marked it wrong and it was there only copy :)
Elite Beat Agents - 3.99
Metal Slug 7 - 13.49
Chrono Trigger - 26.99
Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 9.98
Valkyria Chronicles - 26.99
Hidden & Dangerous 2 - .89
X360 Wired Guitar - .01

Total - 100.72

Not a bad day's worth of loot :)

Just letting you guys know, only the cases that they put out in the bin are gutted, they give you a SEALED copy at the counter. My GameStop has everything on the list so if you want something let me know and we'll work something out.

[quote name='dchrisd']Not trying to ignite the fires, but what does "gutting" mean?

I think it means just taking the plastic wrap off, but "gutting" seems to be a harsh term for just removing plastic wrap.[/quote]

It's "gutted," because they take the game and the manual out and keep them behind the counter. Some stores tend to lend their employees take these games home, too, which really makes them used.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Just letting you guys know, only the cases that they put out in the bin are gutted, they give you a SEALED copy at the counter. My GameStop has everything on the list so if you want something let me know and we'll work something out.[/quote]

YMMV. I know some stores around me last year gutted just about everything. You could tell, because their bins were overflowing with cases. Then, other stores had pretty bare bins, because they only put out a couple of cases for each game. But good post, because I think a lot of people assume. Definitely, definitely ask. Don't assume everything is gutted.

On an unrelated note, as far as the quality of the sale goes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the way this topic took off, I think it's safe to say that there definitely a lot of good items this year that a lot of people were interested in. If you don't think VC for $30 or FF Tactics for $10 (don't forget the coupon) is a nice deal, that's cool, but I think you'd be in the minority.

So is the wired guitar used or not? I'm guessing used but the op doesn't say. I don't think they even sell it new, but just want to make sure.

I know that sounds like common sense, but it's true. I got to the Lebanon PA GS after 11 am today and they were already pretty busy. Some of the games I wanted like FFI for PSP and ST: Conquest for Wii were already down to the last few copies. Also make sure the employees check for the free guitar deal with GH Aerosmith 360 because the employee that waited on me said they had no guitars, but on my way out of the store I saw one on the shelf! I did go back and get it then. Here's a list of what I got:
FF1 PSP - 9.99
C: DXC PSP - 9.99
ST: Conques Wii - 9.99
Namco Museum 360 - 14.99
GH Aerosmith w/guitar - 9.99
Dog Island PS2 - 4.99
Sonic RA DS - 14.99
H&D 2 PC - .99

Those looking for sealed copies should ask at counter, some are gutted in bins but sealed when you buy.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I scored EXIT - DS ($10) and Namco Virtual Arcade - 360 ($15)

All cases that were out were gutted, but they grabbed a sealed copy of Namco from behind the counter and took my gutted case back to the display, which I thought was odd.
The EXIT cartridge was behind the counter as the usual gutted experience dictates.

Also, a shout out to the C.A.G. who stopped me and asked me about the achievements on Namco Virtual Arcade at the Walmart Gamestop in Asheville, NC. Hit me up here or on LIVE to game.[/quote]

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Just letting you guys know, only the cases that they put out in the bin are gutted, they give you a SEALED copy at the counter. My GameStop has everything on the list so if you want something let me know and we'll work something out.[/quote]

[quote name='sotc1988']So is the wired guitar used or not? I'm guessing used but the op doesn't say. I don't think they even sell it new, but just want to make sure.[/quote]
Mine is new.

Just got from GameStop to look at the GameDays deals and as the list had already showed, the deals were lacking. I did not get any of the deals their but the Mortal Kombat Kollection for $10 was temping. I ended up getting Ridge Racer 7, Warhawk, and Dark Sector for below $52. It was good but really wanted to see better deals.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's "gutted," because they take the game and the manual out and keep them behind the counter. Some stores tend to lend their employees take these games home, too, which really makes them used.

On an unrelated note, as far as the quality of the sale goes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the way this topic took off, I think it's safe to say that there definitely a lot of good items this year that a lot of people were interested in. If you don't think VC for $30 or FF Tactics for $10 (don't forget the coupon) is a nice deal, that's cool, but I think you'd be in the minority.[/quote]

The complaints about the sale sucking is just your typical misplaced sense of entitlement. Even if last year's sale wasn't way worse (and boy was it) complaining about a sale not being tailored to your needs is the mentality of a preschooler.

So I take it by the lack of posts about used game hauls that those who have ventured into stores today haven't found B2G1 going on. Then again, the day is young.

I actually got a sealed copy of Valkyria Chronicles. Must be my lucky day. I was going to pick this up during the CC closeout but someone grabbed all the copies when they were 30% off. I'm glad I was forced to wait for it to go down to 50% off.

[quote name='varna']Managed to get:
DS Headphones - 2.69
Phantasy Star Portable - 9.99 They marked it wrong and it was there only copy :)
Elite Beat Agents - 3.99
Metal Slug 7 - 13.49
Chrono Trigger - 26.99
Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 9.98
Valkyria Chronicles - 26.99
Hidden & Dangerous 2 - .89
X360 Wired Guitar - .01

Total - 100.72

Not a bad day's worth of loot :)[/quote]

Phantasy Star Portable - 9.99? Is that a typo? I'll have to go back to GameStop if it's not.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Those looking for sealed copies should ask at counter, some are gutted in bins but sealed when you buy.
[/quote]

Someone just posted above you that this is YMMV. I thought it was a corporate order for them to gut every game, but apparently some stores do keep a few sealed copies (maybe cause some customers prefer sealed copies, dunno). The fact is though that a lot of stores already gutted all their game days sale copies leaving none sealed. When I went to get VC last night I saw them gutting a big stack of around 50 Wii games.

[quote name='MegaKungFuRadio']So I take it by the lack of posts about used game hauls that those who have ventured into stores today haven't found B2G1 going on. Then again, the day is young.[/quote]

It appears that the B2G1 is only on PS2 games and only when you purchase a new PS2 system. Someone posted a pic of the signage some pages back, but I know it's kind of hard to follow these threads when a sale first starts. Everything kind of gets lost. I better put that in the OP.

Got my copy of Valkyria Chronicles, so glad I waited instead of buying it full price. All the copies at my closest GS were gutted with game days stickers on them, but at least the disc is flawless.

The employee working the register at the time even went so far as to say VC was probably the best deal of the sale, though she wasn't too loud about it. :applause:

got namco arcade and gh:aerosmith with guitar both new and sealed for a total of $24.98 (gs credit. so no tax)

they only had one copy of each of the sale games out in the bin. all the other copies were sealed and behind the counter

good deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up:

Valkyrie Chronicles (PS3) (last copy)
Metal Slug 7 (DS) (2 copies left)

There are some other good deals, mostly for the PSP, but I already own the ones I want. What was interesting is that just in the 3-min I was in the store, a huge crowd of people came bursting through the door. In just those 3-minutes, three different customers asked if they had any had Chrono Trigger left, and they all left disappointed. I can't imagine how many customers will come throughout the day asking for that game. I'm glad I already have it, because I would have tried picking that up too.

Ended up just picking up Metal Slug 7 DS for 14.xx. Cheap and fun.

Everything was gutted and put on display at the store here. I asked the worker and he said they gutted all of the games for this sale.

[quote name='nieon']Phantasy Star Portable - 9.99? Is that a typo? I'll have to go back to GameStop if it's not.[/quote]

No typo they had it marked to 9.99 so they had to honor it. Lucky me :)

MY VC was sealed. Requested it at the counter. Of course the GS employee thought it wasn't on sale until she double checked so that may have something to do with it.

I was able to pick up Valkyria Chronicles, FFI/II/WotL, Silent Hill Origins, Metal Gear Portable Ops, and Castlevania. The Display Cases in the bin were gutted, but then they gave me sealed games at the counter.

[quote name='dchrisd']Not trying to ignite the fires, but what does "gutting" mean?

I think it means just taking the plastic wrap off, but "gutting" seems to be a harsh term for just removing plastic wrap.[/QUOTE] It means taking the game out as if the case had been gutted of its contents.

For anyone in the SF Bay Area, the GS off Homestead in Santa Clara had at least 10 copies of VC sealed behind the counter. They only gutted one of each title in the Game Days bin.

Just came back from 2 GameStops (Downtown Berkeley) and ended up buying a gutted copy of Valkyria Chronicles.

A total of 3 stickers were on the case: red Gamers Day Sale, 59.99 price, and the usual GameStop sticker they slap on for returns. Boy does the case look ugly. :lol:

I decided to buy it at B&M just in case my online order doesn't go through.

Also in the Bay Area, There were at least 4 sealed copies of VC at Tanforan Mall in San Bruno. Well, three now. ^^ No gutted copies in the bin, and I was there basically as the doors opened.

Also picked up Castlevania X, and Persona 3 (Gutted, but w/e). Some other stuff tempted me, but my backlog is HUGE. That and I just coinstar'd up a fairly massive Amazon GC.

bread's done
Back