GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chaddycakes21']Its because technically its not new anymore.... Think of the idea of gutting and relate it to another product.. i.e. condoms.[/quote]
What's wrong with using used condoms? Just wash and rinse, good as new. A little goo gone and you're all set.

My local gamestop had a few V.C. So, I waited in the stupid line, behind the soccer moms buying their kids a DSi only to find out when I get to the counter and ask for a SEALED Valkyria that "everything on sale today was mandatory to be gutted." The guy then begun to give me the "it's the same thing" speech but I do not agree in the slightest. I want it sealed or not at all, what the hell is the arguement for opening it anyway? This is another reason I try to avoid GS at all possibilities, havent shopped there in 2 years. They never gutted all the new games before, at least I never noticed it. Had to leave empty handed. I ordered a copy online so hopefully that is sealed, otherwise i'll just dispute it.

[quote name='_Sin_']My local gamestop had a few V.C. So, I waited in the stupid line, behind the soccer moms buying their kids a DSi only to find out when I get to the counter and ask for a SEALED Valkyria that "everything on sale today was mandatory to be gutted." The guy then begun to give me the "it's the same thing" speech but I do not agree in the slightest. I want it sealed or not at all, what the hell is the arguement for opening it anyway? This is another reason I try to avoid GS at all possibilities, havent shopped there in 2 years. They never gutted all the new games before, at least I never noticed it. Had to leave empty handed. I ordered a copy online so hopefully that is sealed, otherwise i'll just dispute it.[/quote]

Ya this is one of the most crappiest things a retailer has ever pulled. Infact to me its criminal and its seems to me that this is in violation of some business practice. I avoid them for their prices but the few times a year I do buy from them I usually have to go to several stores to find a sealed copy of some game I want. Ridiculous.

The Gamestop that I usually go to has around 6 copies of VC in stock and picked up a few for me and some friends and they are all sealed brand new. I must have missed it somewhere but is there any reason why GameStop gut their on sale games?

[quote name='coolbrys']I got a copy of VC, sealed, and the coupon worked. Thanks for the deal![/QUOTE]

Me too - had sealed copies galore at Bowie MD store. Was 28$ something after tax and coupon. Thanks CAG :)

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']Well, I apologize if you think that it was wrong. Aside from asking them to change my shipping address, I only confirmed the total price. I didn't asked for any glitch or coupon. I'm smarter than that.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry about him. Hes havin a bad day because the glitch stopped working. :cry: poor baby

My mom went in and picked up my stuff for me, since I was worried Valkyria Chronicles would sell out at the one near my work before I got off (which turned out to not be an issue, but oh well.) Got 2 copies of VC (boyfriend wanted one for when he eventually gets a PS3), Final Fantasy 1 & 2, Gutiar Hero Aerosmith for the PS3 (already have a PS3 guitar, don't need a 4th for the 360 even if it is free) and Dungeon and Dragons Tactics for the PSP.

PSP titles were sealed, PS3 were not. I don't mind... seeing as a used VC is still $55 and I had the 10% coupon to make up for lack of Edge, I just see it as getting the used copy I would've bought eventually for half off.

[quote name='J7.']What's wrong with using used condoms? Just wash and rinse, good as new. A little goo gone and you're all set.[/QUOTE]

:puke:

Managed to snag FF2, and Silent Hill Origins for the PSP and FF3 for the DS. Wasn't sure about Tactics for PSP, and there were no copies of FF1 which really surprised me. There were 3 copies of VC when I was there. Games were gutted, but they there a sticker on the side of each game.

Anyone have a copy of FF1 that your willing to pick up for a fellow cag? PM me and we can talk. Also, is FF Tactics good, and MGS: Portable Ops?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a Gamestop in Long Beach today...all the games were gutted unfortunately, but I couldn't resist the prices, so I got Valkyria Chronicles, FFTactics for PSP and Speed Racer Wii for my little cousins- all in all, Gamestop was on my good side for once today.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I don't understand why anyone would put up with BS gutted copies in store when pretty much everything is still available online.[/quote]

In my case, I would simply rather pay cash for something than put it on a credit card. Not that I don't pay off my credit cards every month, but one less thing on the bill is one less thing on the bill.

I got Chrono Trigger and GH:A but my new DS headphones seem a little weird - is one wire connected to the headphone supposed to be longer than the other?

[quote name='nick_fazekas']In my case, I would simply rather pay cash for something than put it on a credit card. Not that I don't pay off my credit cards every month, but one less thing on the bill is one less thing on the bill.[/quote]

Oh my, but your credit cards should be paying YOU, and that's why you should use them if you pay them off every month. I use cash back credit cards and get money back on every purchase I make. You can make a few hundred extra bucks a year that way.

[quote name='emnmnme']I got Chrono Trigger and GH:A but my new DS headphones seem a little weird - is one wire connected to the headphone supposed to be longer than the other?[/QUOTE]

The long wire is supposed to go on your right ear, and the cable should rest on the back of your neck.

[quote name='emnmnme']I got Chrono Trigger and GH:A but my new DS headphones seem a little weird - is one wire connected to the headphone supposed to be longer than the other?[/quote]

Haha usually that just means that the headphone wire goes around your neck; nothing wrong with that, although it's a bit awkward to wear sometimes.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']My mom went in and picked up my stuff for me, since I was worried Valkyria Chronicles would sell out at the one near my work before I got off (which turned out to not be an issue, but oh well.) Got 2 copies of VC (boyfriend wanted one for when he eventually gets a PS3), Final Fantasy 1 & 2, Gutiar Hero Aerosmith for the PS3 (already have a PS3 guitar, don't need a 4th for the 360 even if it is free) and Dungeon and Dragons Tactics for the PSP.

PSP titles were sealed, PS3 were not. I don't mind... seeing as a used VC is still $55 and I had the 10% coupon to make up for lack of Edge, I just see it as getting the used copy I would've bought eventually for half off.

:puke:[/QUOTE]

You have an awesome mom. My mom would have been like "you still play videogames? how old are you again?"

picked up VC, don't mind the gutted copy since I just opened it when I got home anyhow.

I sure wish they had another b2g1 sale though :[

[quote name='henhowc']You have an awesome mom. My mom would have been like "you still play videogames? how old are you again?"[/QUOTE]
My mom used to be like that, but now I'm 25, own my own house, pay my own bills, etc. She'll call me from this auction place she goes to weekly every time there is some sort of videogame on the block. Haven't scored anything great yet though unfortunately.

[quote name='J7.']What's wrong with using used condoms? Just wash and rinse, good as new. A little goo gone and you're all set.[/quote]

:lol::applause: The Goo Gone reference sealed it.

I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A-2 and Valkyria Chronicles today. I'm going to go to a couple more tomorrow and see what I can find. Luckily, the stickers were still fresh, so I didn't have any trouble taking them off. The only one I had trouble with was the one on the back of Valkyria Chronicles. I wish they had better stickers for the games.

[quote name='sunghost']They didn't email you a reason as to why it was cancelled?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Cmon, this is gamestop we are talking about. Look at that website, its like going back on a wayback machine to early 2000s.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Nope. Cmon, this is gamestop we are talking about. Look at that website, its like going back on a wayback machine to early 2000s.[/quote]

lol I had to check, I know why it was cancelled, but that sucks that they don't even email you about it..

[quote name='gomikeoh']Nope. Cmon, this is gamestop we are talking about. Look at that website, its like going back on a wayback machine to early 2000s.[/quote]
Are you sure you didn't press "cancel this shipment" by accident? :cry:

Oh well...my status is still open, but I fear it will be closed sometime in the next few hours.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Because it says CANCELLED under status.[/quote]
I was just wondering because no one else said anything, a bit odd that only yours has been reported cancelled.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']:lol::applause: The Goo Gone reference sealed it.[/quote]
I got a handful of them hanging in the shower. They take so long to dry. Floor gets slippery though. Sometimes the drain gets clogged and my shower turns into a bath. I'm thinking it might be better to hang them outside on the clothes line.

[quote name='J7.']I was just wondering because no one else said anything, a bit odd that only yours has been reported cancelled.

I got a handful of them hanging in the shower. They take so long to dry. Floor gets slippery though. Sometimes the drain gets clogged and my shower turns into a bath.[/quote]

I guess he could be kind and post a screen cap of the cancellation.

So I picked up 4 PSP games: Castlevania, FF1, FF2 and FFT, but don't have a PSP. I was thinking about buying one in the next week or two... Which model should I get? My Best Buy still has the 2000 model as well as the new 3000 model.

Some corporate websites make me sick. They have a huge budget available to them, but they look like they were stylistically and functionally designed by 5 year old.

/rant.

picked up a copy of VC today. The game on the rack was an empty case but they gave me a sealed copy. Not that it really matters when I'm paying half price for it.

I may go back and pick up Incredible Hulk and Iron Man later during the sale if they drop enough.

[quote name='Optical']So I picked up 4 PSP games: Castlevania, FF1, FF2 and FFT, but don't have a PSP. I was thinking about buying one in the next week or two... Which model should I get? My Best Buy still has the 2000 model as well as the new 3000 model.[/QUOTE]

I have a hacked 1000 I love. Though I honest to god only play games I legally own with it, I can pop in any of my PS1 collection, back it up and modify for PSP than enjoy anywhere. Really sold me on the fact that FFVII and MGS need to be released to PSN so everyone can play on their PSPs.

Thanks again OP, found what I was looking for. The stickers on the cases aren't too bad. As long as you remove each one slowly, they shouldn't leave any residue.

I got VC and PSP final fantasy I. II ( all new and sealed) use discount coupon 10% off ( cope of this website), so total inculde tax , $48.68. VC and FF1 is lat copy of my local store.

By the way. FFT was great hit version & price sticker is on the seal, so it's not problem with me =)

[quote name='Optical']So I picked up 4 PSP games: Castlevania, FF1, FF2 and FFT, but don't have a PSP. I was thinking about buying one in the next week or two... Which model should I get? My Best Buy still has the 2000 model as well as the new 3000 model.[/quote]
well if you have a few extra bucks then might as well pickup a 3000. The only difference is that it has a better screen with more colors and that's about it if I'm remembering correctly. I use to own a 3000 but returned it because I needed money for a 360 and it was a great system but I just couldn't really find what was so "new" about it. but do you research I could be forgetting something

While there isn't anything TOO big out there, I'm still hoping to grab a copy of Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 and Boogie: Superstar. I actually enjoyed Boogie for at least a week, so I guess the sequel isn't too bad. Guess I'll check on Thursday when Spring Break starts.

Got Sonic Rush Advanced, and it was sealed. Don't have enough money for VC, but I might get it next week if there is any left.

bread's done
Back