GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up VC today. Went to the counter to pay. The clerk rang it up and paused. Then said "wait a minute" I thought he was going to run to the back to get an unopened copy but he came back with a Bradygames Strategy Guide for VC that was marked for .01. They normally sell for 14.99. Can't argue with that!

They seemed very friendly in my local one. When the customer in front of me left, they said "Thanks for shopping with us today. We know that you could of gone anywhere else"

Did Gamestop call anybody else today about their order?? i got a message from them but wasnt able to speak to them

[quote name='m_d_amore']Did Gamestop call anybody else today about their order?? i got a message from them but wasnt able to speak to them[/quote]
You are kidding, right? ;)

Those are automated order confirmation emails and Sunday is not their workday. They won't call you about your order. If they ain't happy about it for any reason, they will just cancel it and you'll be lucky to even get a cancellation email.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Cancel your order and buy it again, this time using the coupon SAVER to get free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!! I forgot about that one!

I didn't read the whole thread and maybe it's just me but this sale seems to be alot weaker then previous year's. Maybe it's because I don't own a DS or a Wii. It just feels sort of half baked and rushed. I was expecting better deals especially on 360 & PS3 games.

Or maybe because I've just about played all these things already.

[quote name='HuppSav']Is valkrie chronicles going to be on sale tomarrow?[/quote]

The sale is going to last at least the whole month of april, so yes it will be on sale tomorrow as long as it's in stock.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I heard the reason people are upset about the games being open is because they like to flip/ebay all of the sale games and they can not do this as easily if they are open.[/quote]

I refuse to buy gutted games. If it's been opened it's no longer new and it should be cheaper then a factory sealed game.

[quote name='earvcunanan']God jam, that is a freak occurrence.[/quote]

Actually, I stopped into a gamestop in Moore, OK that I had never been in and the first thing my wife said was "this store doesn't smell like shit".

Picked up GH Aerosmith and Namco comp...They changed out the opened ones for sealed ones behind the counter.

They had lots of stuff.

[quote name='HuppSav']Is valkrie chronicles going to be on sale tomarrow?[/quote]

tomarrow may never come!:bouncy:

Ordered Chrono Trigger for DS on their site. 32.xx total best price I could find anywhere.

[quote name='blueweltall']What's the deal with GH Aerosmith and the guitar?[/quote]

$9.99 for 360 version with wired gutitar
wish i hadn't bought the wireless bundle from BB for $30 in December.. Still haven't opened it.

Since I'm trying to build up my library of PS2 Games I Missed Out On While Staying PC-Centric For The Last Decade, I grabbed the Resident Evil Essentials collection (4, Code Veronica and Outbreak) and Persona 3 FES. I also snagged the FF1 remake--which is waaaay easier than what I remember of the original--and the Castlevania X set.

All in all, a pretty worthwhile Sunday morning.

That Resident Evil box was hidden away behind the counter. I assume one of the employees "forgot" to put it out and mark it for the sale so he could buy it himself later on. The people working there this morning searched the system for it and, "hey, why didn't this get put out there?"

I'll take it!

[quote name='eau']You are kidding, right? ;)

Those are automated order confirmation emails and Sunday is not their workday. They won't call you about your order. If they ain't happy about it for any reason, they will just cancel it and you'll be lucky to even get a cancellation email.[/QUOTE]
Im serious as shit bro said call them back when i did i got a message. the message they left was a human

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']$9.99 for 360 version with wired gutitar
wish i hadn't bought the wireless bundle from BB for $30 in December.. Still haven't opened it.[/quote]

How long is this good til? Is it any wired guitar?

[quote name='blucadet3']Actually, I stopped into a gamestop in Moore, OK that I had never been in and the first thing my wife said was "this store doesn't smell like shit".

Picked up GH Aerosmith and Namco comp...They changed out the opened ones for sealed ones behind the counter.

They had lots of stuff.[/quote]
I've never been into a Gamestop that smelled. What do the bad ones smell like?

The one at the Sooner Mall smells like mildew and B.O.
The one on the East side by the Walmart smells like the nail salon next door.
The one by the Qual Springs mall in OKC smells like mildew and really bad air freshener trying to cover the mildew smell.
The one in Moore smells fresh and clean and just became my favorite store.

[quote name='JoeX111']I also snagged the FF1 remake--which is waaaay easier than what I remember of the original[/quote]

That's because the PSP version is based on the GBA version. The GBA version's gameplay was a lot easier than the original. The last version of Final Fantasy that had gameplay like the NES version was the Playstation version.

[quote name='eau']Never received a gutted game online. There is absolutely no reason for them to gut games in the warehouse anyway. It is not like any joe could walk into the warehouse and jack things.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Untold Legend for PS3 and it was gutted.

Wait, are people getting the 10% coupon applied to all items of a purchase? I bought 4 things this morning and it only worked on one of them (VC), which just happened to be the most expensive. I also bought FF I, FF II, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith - it didn't apply to any of them. It was the first time the guys there had seen the coupon in use so they said it must only apply to one item. I even got the "good" clerk who is usually very helpful so they certainly weren't BSing me - they just didn't know. On the plus side, they held VC and FF I for me (thogh it wasn't necessary as they had more of each one). However, the guy knew I'd prefer a non-gutted one and somehow even though they had gutted everything the day before they got more stuff in on Sunday and held a non-gutted FF I for me - so that was nice.

As for the coupon, though, does it need to be scanned for each item or something like the coupons of old?

Funny thing - I was there 2 1/2 hours after they opened and not only was I the first person to use the coupon, they said I was the first person even aware of the sale. And I completely forgot to get Tomb Raider Anniversary :bomb:. Oh well, if the GS.com order comes through I'll have it, but I'm not counting on that.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Im serious as shit bro said call them back when i did i got a message. the message they left was a human[/quote]

I've had them call me before because my billing address didn't match my shipping address. Not sure if that's your case, but they will call on orders.

[quote name='SaraAB']I went into 2 gamestops today and it seems like they are trying to improve for the sale, though some things seem to depend on individual store. The one store I went into it was obvious that it was a very new store, it was more spacious and did not smell like anything gross. The other store was a mall store and also did not smell. The employees were clean and neat. The other store had 2 nice girls working at it. I don't want to be sterotypical but its pretty unusual to see females working at Gamestop. Both of these stores seemed like they stopped putting the stickers on the inserts in the case of games, but they were doing it for a little while as some games still had stickers stuck on the inserts, there was a significant percentage of games in the store that did not have stickers on the insert though. I should mention these stores were in an area that I visit infrequently. The stores by my house continue to sticker the inserts, and probably 99% of the games in those stores have stickers stuck directly to the inserts. There were significantly less gutted copies of games on the NEW racks as opposed to the stores by my house. They did not have 19 copies of Pokemon Platinum gutted or anything ridiculous like that.

The stores near my house used to be good, but now they are getting progressively worse. It was obvious to me that the stores in the area that I was in today outperform the stores by my house in cleanliness and with more customer-friendly policies.

The game days stuff was all gutted with multiple gutted copies of each game on the racks. I don't think it would be possible to get a sealed copy of these games in my area.[/quote]

I've actually noticed at the two GameStop's I go to most often, that there are more and more female employees every time I go in. Seems like the men are being fired and girls are being hired for some reason...hmm...lol

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I've actually noticed at the two GameStop's I go to most often, that there are more and more female employees every time I go in. Seems like the men are being fired and girls are being hired for some reason...hmm...lol[/QUOTE]

several of the gs around me have started hiring hot female employees that know absolutely NOTHING about video games. i have went in asking about a specific game and they give me a clueless look until 1 of the male employees standing around staring at her comes over and helps.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I heard the reason people are upset about the games being open is because they like to flip/ebay all of the sale games and they can not do this as easily if they are open.[/QUOTE]

Maybe some but I doubt you could even make money off most of these prices. I personally don't think it should be legal to allow it to be considered "NEW" if it's open. There's a totally different feeling between opening up a sealed NEW game and opening some unsealed game that is possibly used. I agree with the other guy, it should at least be cheaper than a sealed new game, if not the same as used.

I picked up VC from the bin and ask them if they had any sealed copies...they had one left behind the counter which I got instead of the gutted one. While I traded in some of my games my brother who was with me happen to notice that they had a SF IV tourny stick on the counter ($150). I picked that one up too with my trade-in creds... what luck I suppose. by the way this is a gamestop that just recently opened. wanted to get ff 1 & II for psp but none in stock.

[quote name='shinryu333']I picked up VC from the bin and ask them if they had any sealed copies...they had one left behind the counter which I got instead of the gutted one. While I traded in some of my games my brother who was with me happen to notice that they had a SF IV tourny stick on the counter ($150). I picked that one up too with my trade-in creds... what luck I suppose. by the way this is a gamestop that just recently opened. wanted to get ff 1 & II for psp but none in stock.[/QUOTE]

Good shopping day for you man. Well done. :applause:

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Just wondering, Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA) is pretty much the same as FFI & II on PSP, right?

I have the GBA version.[/quote]

I believe the PSP versions have even newer dungeons unrelated to the story (of little story there is). However, I usually don't go to them. So unless you do, then FF1 and FF2 for the PSP are the same game as Dawn of Souls for the GBA except newer graphics and 2 separate games instead of one.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Just wondering, Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA) is pretty much the same as FFI & II on PSP, right?

No. Dawn of Souls is like a nice upgrade while the PSP version are true remakes and, IMO, the ultimate versions of those games.

From the look of things, I'd say Dawn of Souls is arguably better. According to the almighty Wikipedia, FF I and II on PSP are updated graphics/revised story, while the GBA version has the extra dungeons/bonus storyline.

Edit: Guess I was wrong. I'm guessing the PSP versions have the same extra content.

I picked up Metal Slug 7, Worms open Warfare, Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger, and a Black DSi. They ran out of Final Fantasy I and II. I was very disappointed.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I've had them call me before because my billing address didn't match my shipping address. Not sure if that's your case, but they will call on orders.[/QUOTE]

thats my circumstance so hopefully its that and not a cancellation

PSP versions also have FMV (I think from FF Origins) and a remixed soundtrack as well. The PSP games should be somewhat rare based on how fast they sold out and as of the end of 2007, it had only shipped 140,000 copies, with probably very little additional shipments if at all. And FF 2 shipped even less 90,000 copies.

FF2 also has also includes the 'Arcane Labyrinth' and 'Arcane Sanctuary' dungeons, exclusive to this version, in which character-specific equipment can be found (even for temporary characters, and separate from the Soul of Rebirth equipment), alongside powerful enemies and a new boss. Depending on actions taken on this boss, the player can obtain one of two Tomes containing the most powerful of white and black magic spells (aside from Ultima): 'Revive' and 'Destroy' (respectively). It's all on Wikipedia under each games separate page.

Got Guitar Hero with free controller. After I checked out the employees bought the rest of the games/ controllers. Very very sad...

bread's done
Back