GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Wait, are people getting the 10% coupon applied to all items of a purchase? I bought 4 things this morning and it only worked on one of them (VC), which just happened to be the most expensive. I also bought FF I, FF II, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith - it didn't apply to any of them. It was the first time the guys there had seen the coupon in use so they said it must only apply to one item. I even got the "good" clerk who is usually very helpful so they certainly weren't BSing me - they just didn't know. On the plus side, they held VC and FF I for me (thogh it wasn't necessary as they had more of each one). However, the guy knew I'd prefer a non-gutted one and somehow even though they had gutted everything the day before they got more stuff in on Sunday and held a non-gutted FF I for me - so that was nice.

As for the coupon, though, does it need to be scanned for each item or something like the coupons of old?

Funny thing - I was there 2 1/2 hours after they opened and not only was I the first person to use the coupon, they said I was the first person even aware of the sale. And I completely forgot to get Tomb Raider Anniversary :bomb:. Oh well, if the GS.com order comes through I'll have it, but I'm not counting on that.[/quote]
So the GS in your area have all the games gutted too?! The GS over here said they were instructed to gut all the games even they have loads of the same games.

I wish they would only gut a couple of each game and keep the rest sealed behind counter.

Got GH Aerosmith with Free Guitar and House of the Dead. Oredered the 2 Battle Chests online as my store had none.

Just picked up a copy of VC and FF III. Might have to try to get FF I & II for PSP...but I'm thinking I'm not going to have any luck in finding those two.

How long is this sale going to last anyhow? Wasn't able to find an exact date.

I got the free guitar with Guitar Hero Aerosmith :) I was really excited to get the game and the guitar for $9.99 ... deal of the century if you ask me. They had a big sign that said you got a free (wired) guitar with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith and I asked the clerk if it included the Game Day sale, and he said "Sure does. Best deal around". Go get it if your store still has them!

Finally went in for Valkyria Chronicles. I don't know why I couldn't resist.. D:

Whats one more game on a backlog of.. 20 or so games. :S

[quote name='IheartGames']I got a free $100 bill in my pocket from not buying anything at GS today. Time to go to Vegas and play some real games![/quote]

Wow. Look at you. And here I thought you needed at least $500 to not look like a loser.

i really wish i had a 360 so i could take advantage of that deal... however i got eye of the north which ive been meaning to get for 14 bucks with tax... thanks to whoever supplied that 10% coupon =) i might go back for diablo 2 chest depending how im feeling... also none of the games were "gutted" at my gamestop

Went to best buy and had them adjust the price of the copy I bought yesterday to 26.99..

Thank god I don't have to give my money to failstop.....

Anybody else's online order still at "Verifying?" Or have people's orders moved on to stating something else? My shipping and billing addresses are different, and although both are on file with my CC company, I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

[quote name='Shady3011']Wow. Look at you. And here I thought you needed at least $500 to not look like a loser.[/quote]

so what you're implying in your response is that you're broke as a joke and $500 is a lot of money to you? the bill is for tips BTW. Have a great evening champ.

[quote name='IheartGames']so what you're implying in your response is that you're broke as a joke and $500 is a lot of money to you? the bill is for tips BTW. Have a great evening champ.[/quote]

Honestly, I consider $20 a lot. I am cheap you know.

Also, I don't care how much you made from your promiscuous past time.

Hope night school helps you with your reading comprehension.

[quote name='IheartGames']so what you're implying in your response is that you're broke as a joke and $500 is a lot of money to you? the bill is for tips BTW. Have a great evening champ.[/quote]

trying to talk about how lots of money makes you cooler on Cheapassgamer.com = priceless.

Crap. I forget to visit CAG for a day and completely forgot about the GameDays sale.
I'm going tomorrow and hoping that Valkyria Chronicles isn't gutted.

[quote name='Shady3011']Honestly, I consider $20 a lot. I am cheap you know.

Also, I don't care how much you made from your promiscuous past time.

Hope night school helps you with your reading comprehension.[/quote]

lol sorry to have confused you champ; the bill is for giving tips to card/craps dealers and cocktail servers.

night school....lol I don't think I'll qualify to get into night school....overqualify maybe being a 3.9 GPA grad from a CSU univ.

Don't hate the player......

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']trying to talk about how lots of money makes you cooler on Cheapassgamer.com = priceless.[/quote]

NO this shady person comes out of nowhere and talks a gangload of negative crap about me and expects to not get a response? I have a lot going for me and I won't allow some goof to intimidate me. Have a fantastic week.

[quote name='IheartGames']lol sorry to have confused you champ; the bill is for giving tips to card/craps dealers and cocktail servers.

night school....lol I don't think I'll qualify to get into night school....overqualify maybe being a 3.9 GPA grad from a CSU univ.

Don't hate the player......[/quote]

Oh wow, and here I though going to a UC was a good thing.

[quote name='Shady3011']Oh wow, and here I though going to a UC was a good thing.[/quote]

Must be, I'm doing very well. How about you champ? I'm starting to worry about you...

[quote name='IheartGames']NO this shady person comes out of nowhere and talks a gangload of negative crap about me and expects to not get a response? I have a lot going for me and I won't allow some goof to intimidate me. Have a fantastic week.[/quote]

The only reason I'm giving you "negative crap" is because you're obviously trolling. You haven't had an on topic post at all in this thread. If you do have a lot going for you, you sure have plenty of free time to be trolling it up on an internet forum. Nice work, buddy.

[quote name='J7.']Would it be possible to get a PM at BB by bringing your reciept from GS?[/quote]

YMMV on that. Some people have had luck with it though.

[quote name='Shady3011']The only reason I'm giving you "negative crap" is because you're obviously trolling. You haven't had an on topic post at all in this threadIf you do have a lot going for you, you sure have plenty of free time to be trolling it up on an internet forum. Nice work, buddy.[/quote]

There champ goes again, spouting nonsense like a broken record. I 'm getting more worried for you.

[quote name='Shady3011']YMMV on that. Some people have had luck with it though.[/quote]
I'm wondering if I brought in a receipt that shows the prices instead of just a printout off the website, if that might be enough to convince BB. I have not heard anyone try that yet.

[quote name='J7.']Would it be possible to get a PM at BB by bringing your reciept from GS?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the person helping you. Some employees are really nice and will PM anything without questions.

At the very least you'll probably want to print out the online ad and make sure you print out the pages that state its both online and B&M and also the page with the pricing as BB usually doesn't PM online pricing. Some of the more anal staff will call GS to check for stock.

[quote name='J7.']I'm wondering if I brought in a receipt that shows the prices instead of just a printout off the website, if that might be enough to convince BB. I have not heard anyone try that yet.[/quote]

Like henhowc said, you should take a print out of the Game Day PS3 page. YMMV in that some employees won't bat an eye if they're in the know (kind of like the K-Mart $30 World at War sale) while others will take a lot to convince or flat out deny you a price match (some employees come up with BS on the spot to avoid doing the work to override the MSRP). It's worth a shot if you can't buy it online.

I think last year (or the year before) they had castlevania double pack gba for $15 and when I returned it I got back retail price of $30 instead of what I bought it for. Was he just stupid or can I return VC for $60. haha

[quote name='CheapyD']Stop bickering in this thread shady and iheartgames...[/quote]

He sounded like he needed a friend.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']I think last year (or the year before) they had castlevania double pack gba for $15 and when I returned it I got back retail price of $30 instead of what I bought it for. Was he just stupid or can I return VC for $60. haha[/quote]

That was most likely an error on the cashier's part. I doubt it will work again.

If I had a PS3 I'd be ALL OVER Valkyria Chronicles.
Alas.
Don't want anything else on the list. All I really game on is the 360, these days.
Bought three games in the last GameDays. :/

[quote name='CheapyD']Stop bickering in this thread shady and iheartgames...[/quote]

Hi,

Would you mind telling me how to cancel my account? Just moving on, that's all. Thanks.

Picked up Valkyria today. 3 copies left, all gutted, but the one I picked up looked like new so no complaints.

Thinking about going back to pick up FFTA2

I picked up 7 sealed games on Friday and brought them back to get the sale price. Also got two guitar heros with the guitar and found a Persona 4 guide. Thanks.

Just picked up 6 games......i was looking at my receipt, and find out they forgot my 10% off on my games......so what should i do? should i bring the game with receipt over or just the receipt?

[quote name='rickyff7']Just picked up 6 games......i was looking at my receipt, and find out they forgot my 10% off on my games......so what should i do? should i bring the game with receipt over or just the receipt?[/quote]I'd bring the games with just in case they give you a hard time.

[quote name='DarkRider23']According to iO, the coupon only works for 1 game. Any confirmation on that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding, hello? I can't believe this hasn't come up before!

I expected a ton of responses to that by now. What's up CAGs?

Anyway, the receipt is a bit strange. As we all know here, promos cannot stack at GS. So what happened on VC was that the promo (Promo #7019 in this case which is specific to this game) was just changed from a discount of $30 to a discount of $33. But for FF I, for example, the discount remained $10 instead of the $11 it should be with the coupon. VC was not the first or last item on the receipt, so I don't think it was discounted because he scanned the coupon right before or after it. I'm pretty sure he scanned the coupon at the end, and it just chose VC, as the most expensive game, to get the one single discount.

Wow, you get a free wired guitar with Aerosmith? I think that's good enough for me to bite on... but does every store have signage to indicate the deal with Guitar Hero?

bread's done
Back