GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called to check out my order and the CS rep immediately canceled my order and chewed me out.... they said "how are they going to feed their 8 children in their 1 room trailer when douchebags like me screw the system up and stealing from an honest company?!"

I said I was sorry.
All untrue, fibbing

I wonder if people calling will make this more... noticable?

Just wanted to add a game that doesnt appear online. I saw Sam & Max Season 1 for the Wii for ~$15 at the GS in Fair Oaks Mall (VA). So it might behoove even the online orderers to check the local stores to see if there are other games available in-store as part of this sale.

[quote name='xycury']I wonder if people calling will make this more... noticable?[/quote]

Geez, paranoid much? :D

Don't worry, since I didn't use any coupons or anything, I didn't set them on your trail. I just wanted to find out what that odd-sounding status message meant, because if there was a problem, the Gamestop near my office is still listing both titles that I ordered as in stock and I could run over there during lunch. Not a big deal.

[quote name='charlescheese']Interesting, the order I made without the "coupon code" when the deal went live that first night has all of the items on it listed as "pending". The two orders I made with the code the next morning have all of the items listed as "verifying".[/QUOTE]

Same here, my coupon order is "verifying" and the normal one is "pending".

One wonders why it takes so long to verify your billing info that it sits at that status forever. (I'm nervous because Amex keeps flagging legit charges on my card as fraudulent, I've had to call and clear things up 3 times in the last 2 weeks... if I lose the glitched order on that I'm going to flip)

[quote name='xycury']I called to check out my order and the CS rep immediately canceled my order and chewed me out.... they said "how are they going to feed their 8 children in their 1 room trailer when douchebags like me screw the system up and stealing from an honest company?!"[/quote]

Should have asked how the company's employees sleep at night knowing how many disappointed kids come in with their parents, trade 50 old games, and get $30 in return.

Does the 10% coupon come off the original price of the game or the discounted price?

I'm trying to hold off on VC, but it's such a good deal. Esp if the 10% comes off the original price.

thanks in advance

[quote name='atrsixaild']Does the 10% coupon come off the original price of the game or the discounted price?

I'm trying to hold off on VC, but it's such a good deal. Esp if the 10% comes off the original price.

thanks in advance[/quote]

It comes off the discounted price, not the original.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']There is one Cardinal rule to "deals" like this - DON'T CALL.[/quote]

Since I was more interested in actually receiving my games (which were already at pretty good prices) than in saving a few more dollars through a questionable glitch, I avoided using the "deal".

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Should have asked how the company's employees sleep at night knowing how many disappointed kids come in with their parents, trade 50 old games, and get $30 in return.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah, if I ever do... that'll be my response. :applause:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']There is one Cardinal rule to "deals" like this - DON'T CALL.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. It only takes one employee to question something before stuff like this gets pulled.

[quote name='arcane93']Since I was more interested in actually receiving my games (which were already at pretty good prices) than in saving a few more dollars through a questionable glitch, I avoided using the "deal".[/quote]
If it works, it works, if it doesn't, oh well. Might as well try if the opportunity is there.

If I have to, I have no qualms about getting them at the B&M

[quote name='Inf^Shini']If I have to, I have no qualms about getting them at the B&M[/quote]

Yeah, I ordered online because given the relative popularity of the VC deal and not knowing how many copies they'd have, I wasn't sure that I'd get a chance to make it to a B&M store while it was still in stock.

Damn this "Verifying" status... I just want to know if it goes through soon so if it doesn't I can pick the stuff I really want in-store before they are sold out...

Fantastic. Picked up Persona 3 and Metal Slug 7 (DS) with free CAG shipping. I don't mind waiting, as my time is much more productively spent not wasting it going around to local Gamestops.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']There is one Cardinal rule to "deals" like this - DON'T CALL.[/quote]

So I called and told the guy about the massive coupon glitch and said he should get all the orders using it cancelled. He thanked me and told me he'd ship me a $5 giftcard! I feel awesome now.

Just kidding ;)

[quote name='sunghost']So I called and told the guy about the massive coupon glitch and said he should get all the orders using it cancelled. He thanked me and told me he'd ship me a $5 giftcard! I feel awesome now.

Just kidding ;)
[/quote]
Nooooooooo

*reads spoiler*

Nooooooooo

Just got back from mine, I bought Namco Museum, the guy gave me a sealed copy from behind the counter. He also said "if there's anything else you're interested in, the sale is all month and we have plenty of everything". I might look into HotD 2/3 for some co-op zombie action; I've tried L4D with my wife but she has issues controlling a FPS-style game, especially on split screen.
He also said they have a trade in special where if you trade 2 games you get 10$ extra, he didn't mention any exclusions but I assume the usual exclusions apply.

[quote name='slowdive21']VC is now backordered online and 5off50 doesn't work anymore.[/quote]

I've been on the fence on this one. Guess I waited to long. I might pop into my local store to see if Aerosmith with a free guitar and VC is still available. Probably wasting my time though.

went to two GS's one is in bristol, the other fairless hills, pa. both had gutted every copy. decided to pick up VC anyway checked the disc and have removed the stickers, only one left sticky stuff but goo gone will kill it. also picked up the devil may cry pack, the box was opened, but the individual games were still sealed.

used the 10% coupon, and had a $5 preorder to cancel ~ $42.68 total
that's $10.67 per game!

so thanks op, and to every else posting! :wave:

[quote name='BackInBlack']Maybe because they get greasy fingerprints all over your "New" game.[/quote]

Has anyone ever tried to return a "new" opened game to Gamestop? Even though it's in the exact same condition they sold it to you as.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Has anyone ever tried to return a "new" opened game to Gamestop? Even though it's in the exact same condition they sold it to you as.[/quote]

Yes. It's no problem as long as they remembered to put a clear sticker seal over the case enclosure... and you didn't peel off that clear sticker.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I've been on the fence on this one. Guess I waited to long. I might pop into my local store to see if Aerosmith with a free guitar and VC is still available. Probably wasting my time though.[/quote]

Not necessarily. The 3 closest stores to me have both in stock.

Slim pickings this year compared to last years offer. If I can find a VC I'll try it but other than that I have either owned or tried every game they have to offer. Hopefully there might be some surprise titles added to the mix as the days progress.

[quote name='slowdive21']VC is now backordered online[/quote]

Crap. If my order still says "verifying" when I'm leaving work, I'm just going to stop at the B&M store up the street and see if they still have it. If they do, I'll just buy it there and cancel the online order.

[quote name='Shimrra']Slim pickings this year compared to last years offer. If I can find a VC I'll try it but other than that I have either owned or tried every game they have to offer. Hopefully there might be some surprise titles added to the mix as the days progress.[/quote]

That brings up a new question, have games ever been added to the game days sales after they've started?

Picked up MGS: Portable Ops Plus and C&C3: Kane's Wrath, both sealed, this morning. I was pleasantly surprised when the store clerk said "Hold on, I got some copies behind the counter" and proceeded to pll out new and sealed games. I just about passed out haha. Other than that though, this sale was unimpressive.

Why are some of you so impatient that you need to call CS about your order? Just chill out and wait. It's what your always supposed to do in these situations.

[quote name='Shady3011']Why are some of you so impatient that you need to call CS about your order? Just chill out and wait. It's what your always supposed to do in these situations.[/quote]

Can't speak for anyone else who called, but my call was because of the unusual "verifying" status, to find out what it meant and make sure they had all of the info they needed. When I'd seen it yesterday, I had assumed that it was that way because they had called to verify my different shipping and billing addresses and the system hadn't updated to reflect that they'd done it yet, but then it was still showing that status a day later. Just wanted to be certain there weren't any issues (like the guy who'd called me not updating the info correctly to show that he'd spoken to me) that might keep my order waiting in limbo.

But geez, if I'd known that sharing what I'd learned on my call would get so many people's panties in a knot, I'd have just kept it to myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheDoug305']My online order still says open...is that further along than verifying or is my stuff about to ship?[/QUOTE]

Good question. Mine says the same thing. Also does anyone know if you pre-ordered before the backorder should you be ok?

My order's been stuck on verifying for 24 hours already.

I don't hate if gamestop.com decides to cancel orders that used glitch. I just wish they'd decide sooner so we can move on.

Can anyone link to the 10% coupon? I'm having a problem finding the thread...I remember seeing it a while back but can't see it anywhere now. I am searching for "10%" on every page and haven't seen anything but the $2 EDGE card.

[quote name='TheDoug305']My online order still says open...is that further along than verifying or is my stuff about to ship?[/QUOTE]

Are you looking at the overall order in the Order History page or looking at the order itself at the individual items? On the order history page my orders say "Open" and it usually says that until they ship OR it is cancelled, at which point it says "Closed" (in both cases). However, if I go into the actual order it says "verifying" on each item.

[quote name='tlwizard']I called to ask what verifying meant and they said they were authorizing from the credit card company. The guy checked my specific order in which I had stacked both coupon codes and he said everything looked good to go and was on track to be shipped. Still not totally confident that's gonna happen, but it looks like the stacked coupon order may go through (VC and PSN card.)[/QUOTE]

Well, that is definitely not accurate info from the rep because I paid entirely with Edge card credit and I am still in the "verifying" stage. So it is certainly not limited to credit card verification - you'd think they could verify their own Edge card credit pretty quickly. We'll see...

[quote name='Cindaddy']Just picked up GH:Aerosmith. I held out as long as I could. :D Mgr. knew about the deal and had a whole stack of controllers. No issues. Never really been into GH, but $10 is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they said they had a whole crate of the guitar controllers in the back at my store ;).

[quote name='woof321']I used it on a purchase of 4 games, and it worked on everything except GH:A. I got the free wired guitar, so I guess that offer overrode it.[/QUOTE]

OK, I thought that might be an issue so that explains GH:A. I still didn't get the discount on FF 1 and FF 2 though. However, I noticed that he rang them up wrong and scanned FF 1 twice and FF 2 not at all. Maybe there's some weird stipulation that you don't get a discount on multiples? If so that sucks since I didn't get multiples... It also sucks because I did order FF 2 online and would like to return my store one if the $5 off one comes through! I'll just have to explain to them that they rang it up wrong and hope they can fix it. They will have screwed up their inventory with that mistake anyway so maybe they'll appreciate getting it fixed.

[quote name='io']Well, that is definitely not accurate info from the rep because I paid entirely with Edge card credit[/QUOTE]

Did they deduct the credit from your Edge card yet? The order screen says they don't take payment until the order shipped/is complete, but I see that they've deducted my order amount from my card for a day now, and my order is still Open/Verifying.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Can anyone link to the 10% coupon? I'm having a problem finding the thread...I remember seeing it a while back but can't see it anywhere now. I am searching for "10%" on every page and haven't seen anything but the $2 EDGE card.[/quote]
The coupon is on the first page, first post. It's hidden with spoiler tags.

[quote name='snipegod']Did they deduct the credit from your Edge card yet? The order screen says they don't take payment until the order shipped/is complete, but I see that they've deducted my order amount from my card for a day now, and my order is still Open/Verifying.[/QUOTE]

I'll check but that doesn't mean much - apparently they preauthorize charges on Edge card credit and then put it back later if it doesn't go through. So they could have done so as a pre-authoriztion and then cancel it later and put it back. I am still trying to sort out why another Edge card I have is missing more money than it should - it has had a "temp" charge on it for over a month now. The online balance check shows it missing while the phone balance check shows it there - CS rep said it is a "temp" charge and should go back but that was 3 weeks ago! They are all messed up over there ;).

OK, just checked - FWIW, yes, the online card balance checker shows that the total order price has been deducted from my Edge card. Like I said, though, that doesn't mean they still can't cancel the order and put that money back. I suppose it is a start though...

[quote name='io']
OK, I thought that might be an issue so that explains GH:A. I still didn't get the discount on FF 1 and FF 2 though. However, I noticed that he rang them up wrong and scanned FF 1 twice and FF 2 not at all. Maybe there's some weird stipulation that you don't get a discount on multiples? If so that sucks since I didn't get multiples... It also sucks because I did order FF 2 online and would like to return my store one if the $5 off one comes through! I'll just have to explain to them that they rang it up wrong and hope they can fix it. They will have screwed up their inventory with that mistake anyway so maybe they'll appreciate getting it fixed.[/quote]

Io, The coupon should work with Multiple too. I bought 3 VCs and GHA in 1 receipt, and all 3 VCs are discounted while the GHA is not because of the guitar promo.
Before everybody's flaming me, the other 2 VCs are for my friends and we purchased in 1 transaction since I'm the only one that has the 10% coupon.

picked up Baja PS3 for 17.99, been wanting this price is right. I asked if they were planning on doing the B2G1 free and the manager that I know said he doubts it. Also tried get my coupon back in case there was something else I wanted and he said he couldn't, one time only. Oh well, didn't look like much anyways.

[quote name='slowdive21']VC is now backordered online and 5off50 doesn't work anymore.[/QUOTE]

But the big question is, does 5OFF60 still work?

bread's done
Back