Gamestop Game Days Sale June 2nd + 10% off coupon - LISTS ARE IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LISTS ARE IN - BIG UPS TP TAMMY P AND MASTER SHAKE

[quote name='Master Shake']ps3 official list
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
harry potter 00tp 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
timeshift 29.99
viking 29.99
virtua fighter 5 19.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

xbox 360

battlefield 19.99
battlestations midway 19.99
burnout revenge 19.99
command and conquer 19.99
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
fear 19.99
godfather 19.99
just cause 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
need for speed carbon 19.99
sega superstar tennis 14.99
sonic 14.99
timeshift 19.99
viking 29.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

wii official list

ben 10 14.99
fishing master 14.99
godfather 19.99
hot whees 19.99
house of dead 1 & 2 19.99 (17.99 with coupon) I think best deal
mario & sonic 29.99
mortal kombat 19.99
naruto 19.99
puppy luv 19.99
sega tennis 19.99
sims pet 2 19.99
sonic secret rings 19.99
sonic riders 19.99
super monkey 19.99
the bigs 19.99

pc games

diablo 2 lord of 9.99
dirty dancing (shure to sell a million) 9.99
guild wars eye of the north 14.99 (excellent price)
tabula rising collectors 29.99
tabula rising 14.99
warcraft 3 frozen throne 9.99
warcraft battlechest WOW ed 29.99
zoo tycoon complete 9.99

ds official list

atv/monter truck 9.99
baby pals 19.99
ben 10 14.99
dementium 14.99
digimon dawn 19.99
digimon dusk 19.99
diner dash 14.99
EA play ground 9.99
mario ans sonic 14.99
nervous breakdown 14.99
puppy luv 9.99
rafa tennis 19.99
sega tennis 14.99
sonic rush 14.99
super monkey ball 14.99
uno/ski o/ uno freefall 9.99
worms 2 9.99

PSP

after burner 19.99
atari evolved 9.99
ben 10 14.99
blitz 9.99
brave story 19.99
crazy taxi 19.99 - terible price in my opion
downstream panic 14.99
full auto 2 14.99
harvest moon 14.99
hot wheels ul racing 9.99
juiced 2 9.99
midway arcade ext plAY 9.99
MONTER HUNTER 2 - 19.99 *** BEST DEAL FOR SURE
mortal kombat deception - 9.99
sega collection - 14.99
sonic rivals - 14.99
street fighter alpha 3 max - 9.99 *** ok price
valhalla knights 19.99 - good price if you dont have it with 10% off coupon
worms 2 - 14.99

ps2

ace combat zero - 19.99
ben 10 14.99
cabelas alaskian 14.99
destroy all humans 1 0r 2 9.99
bragon ball z 3 19.99, 1 and 2 9.99
godzilla unleashed 19.99
hitman trilogy 19.99 - actullay really good price with extr 10% OFF FOR ALL 3 BRAND NEW GAMES
JAWS - 9.99
KATAMARI DAMACY - 9.99 AWSOME DEAL IF YOU GET SEALED
mortal k arma - 9.99
namco 50th 14.99
nicktoons unite 9.99
odin sperhe - 19.99 - can anyone argur with the 10% off coupon
scarface 9.99
sega gen collection 9.99
sega super star tenis 19.99
shadow the hedgehog 9.99
sonic heroes 9.99
sonic mega colection 9.99
sonic riders 9.99 (funny i think they just broke down the sonic 3 pack that was 29.99 for these
soul calibur 3 - 9.99
tomb raider legend - 9.99

umd list all are 4.99 - 4.49 with coupon
7 seconds
anacondas 2
are we there yet
bewitched
big hit
boogeyman
the cave
charlies agels
cowboy bebop
creatur comforts season 1
crouching tiger
dark crystal
deuce big europe
excorcism of emily
fifth elm
the fog 2005
fun with dick
godzilla
godzilla final wars
grudge
guess who
heavy metal
hellboy
hollow man
hostel
house of flying daggers
into the blue
joe dirt
kung fu hustle
labrynth
layer cake
legend of zorro
man of the house
mask of zorro
mirormask
not another teen movie - early Jamie pressly movie - she's soo hot
one upon mexico
rent
replacement killers
reidenr evil
RE apoc
richard pryor live
spider-man animated series
starship troopers
stealth
steamboy
stuart little 1 and 2 (both on one umd)
stuart 3
when a stranger calls
XXX state of un
you got served
zathura[/quote]

UPDATE: May 26

Yeah...still no list, BUT

CAGs have been mentioning lists received by stores and new price markings taking place. Its all a matter of us drilling employees for info or attaining the list.
-----------------------------------------------

Just noticed the Game days sale ad in the latest game informer. Last year's sale was pretty decent so its worth a thread. I'll try to post the ad and coupon later. Best part is the coupon doesn't say anything about being void if copied. No specifics yet on the sale.

"Hundreds of games and accessories up to 50% off"

Things to note:
- Should stack with edge (assuming there are used deals).
- Offer ends 6/30/08
- If you know the specifics, let us know!

Canada's Sale ( not known to be the same as the one here in the states)
http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Here's the scan...

gamedays.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='freakyzeeky']High-res scan of coupon...

GDCoupon.jpg
[/quote]

Got Odin sphere SEALED for 17.99 after gameday 10% coupon. Also got Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol. 2 NEW for 15 dollars (it was mispriced and suppose to be 20 dollars...but it was labeled with vol 1 sticker so I bit since i collect all SNK ps2/ps1/xbox games).

Does anyone know if the original print of Odin Sphere came in the regular ps2 case (one with the memory card holder) or the new slim cheap ps2 cases (one without the card holder). My copy came in the cheapo case and was just curious.

I picked up:

Brave Story
Valhalla Knights
Katamari Damacy
Odin Sphere

The two PS2 titles were sealed as the GS I went too didn't open up their PS2 stock for the sale yet. Unfortunately, the two PSP titles were open, but I don't mind particularly since I'm gonna open them up anyways and the cases still had that "new" feeling to them.

Odin Sphere and Katamari were impulse buys since I already have a copy of OS and I know I'm never gonna play Katamari, but I figured it's a nice title to add to the collection and the price was right too. And, Valhalla Knights was semi-impulse since the reviews are very bleh for it, but I don't particuarly mind a grindfest dungeon-crawler (good way to pass the time).

[quote name='kosmos13x']
Does anyone know if the original print of Odin Sphere came in the regular ps2 case (one with the memory card holder) or the new slim cheap ps2 cases (one without the card holder). My copy came in the cheapo case and was just curious.[/quote]

I'd check my copy when I get home. If the original print run of OS came in the old ps2 case, then the copies GS is selling right now is a reprint of the game. Interesting....

I'm planning on going to GS later today.

One thing that bothers me is online.

Katamari is listed as $10 for a new version and $20 used.

If my GS only has used, I hope they don't give me a hard time with it.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Got Odin sphere SEALED for 17.99 after gameday 10% coupon. Also got Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol. 2 NEW for 15 dollars (it was mispriced and suppose to be 20 dollars...but it was labeled with vol 1 sticker so I bit since i collect all SNK ps2/ps1/xbox games).

Does anyone know if the original print of Odin Sphere came in the regular ps2 case (one with the memory card holder) or the new slim cheap ps2 cases (one without the card holder). My copy came in the cheapo case and was just curious.[/quote]mine has the memory card slot...i bet it was a reprint...just swap the case out with another game

[quote name='lunker']Phantasy Star get! I swung by the GameStop in NYC across from the Manhattan Mall and got a copy of the PSP Sega Genesis Collection for $14.xx. The coupon worked like a charm, and even though the Game Days bins were filled with display boxes, I got a sealed copy when I brought it up to the front, so I'm even happier.

The downside is that when you're in NYC, a 10 percent coupon just barely covers the 8 percent sales tax. :x[/quote]

That's the one I'll be going to in about 1hr... Did you happen to go downstairs and see if they still had any C&C 3 Tiberium Wars 360 still NOT gutted... I was there on Saturday and they had about 20 in the glass case behind the desk...

Oh and did you use the 10% coupon only or the full page ad?

Has anybody ever played Fishing Master for the Wii? I am looking for a fishing game and this looks like it might be decent . The metacritic scores are mixed, but I am looking for someone with first hand experience.

Everyone who is waiting to go later in the week, I just want to let you know that depending on your store...they MAY have only gotten one copy.

We have three stores in my area and they received one copy of Guild Wars: Eye of the North, one copy of the Wii House of the Dead 2 &3 and Godfather, etc.

So, I'm glad that I had the CAG list of knowing what to get beforehand and most of all, being the first one there!

Oh, and one more thing!!!! Check your receipts and the card device to see if they charged your purchases correctly. I had to get a refund because they put Monster Hunter 2 in incorrectly and noticed in my receipt I was charged $34.99. Also, check your game to make sure you got the right game. At one store, there was a line of a few people. Fortunately, again...thanks to the OP's list... I was able to get (and ask) what I wanted in pure ninja fashion...hehe...before the people who were looking through the bins had a chance to get there's. So, thanks OP for that list. There were some pissed off people when they found out that there were no extra copies available of the games I purchased. UMD's were not gutted and are sealed.

I'm pretty happy with what I scored in this sale for $130 with the 10% off coupon

Naruto Clash of the Ninja (Wii) - $17.99
House of the Dead (Wii) - $17.99
Monster Hunter 2 (PSP) - $17.99
Godfather Blackhand (Wii) - $17.99
Guild Wars: Eye of the North (PC) - $13.49
Midway Arcade Treasures (PSP) - $8.99
Atari Classics Evolved (PSP) - $8.99
Cowboy Bebop (UMD) - $4.49
Steamboy (Director's Cut Edition) (UMD) - $4.49
Spider-Man: Animated (UMD) - $4.49
Godzilla: Final Wars (25th Anniversary) (UMD) - $4.49
Heavy Metal (UMD) - $4.49

Anyway, when I got there this is what I noticed:

* Only one box of PC games. Guild Wars was not even there. I asked and one guy found the box in the counter. The manager said they only received only one box of the PC games and what you see on the floor is all they have for consoles. The PS2, DS, PSP and XBOX 360 games had around 4 or 5 of each title which was good. Only the Wii and PC is where there were only one copy (some with 4-5). As for accessories, I did not see the vast accessories like on the Gamestop Website. I saw just basic accessories and no large number of controllers. The games were indeed gutted.

I picked up House of the Dead for the Wii and Resident Evil 1 and 2 UMDs. They only had 4 House of the Dead in stock when I got there and I got the last Resident Evil 2 UMD. I was wanting a PSP case, but the one on sale was some crappy pink case.

[quote name='Brian22']I'm planning on going to GS later today.

One thing that bothers me is online.

Katamari is listed as $10 for a new version and $20 used.

If my GS only has used, I hope they don't give me a hard time with it.[/QUOTE]

I got the story from my brother who works at a Gamestop. Aparently this stock that they get in from the sale is purchased from a wholesaler and is not part of their regular inventory. That is why you see prices for new games cheaper than prices of their regular used inventory or even their regular new inventory (if they have any left of that game). It also explains why you can't buy stuff in advance and bring it back later (because they don't get their sale stock until the day before usually). Also I learned that they are gutting games this year because their was a lot of theft in last year's summer sale.

I didn't see anything in my local Gamestop (Sterling, IL) that piqued my interest with regards to the sale. I did however find a nice copy of Pikmin 2 and I picked up a Gamecube (used) for $30 that appears to be in amazing shape.

Got Ben 10 (wii) for my son.

Also picked up:
Odin Sphere
House of the Dead

They only had one copy of HOD.

All were gutted, but in pristine condition sans the fact that they felt the need to put stickers all over everything. Fortunately a little goo gone will take care of that.

Not sure if anyone has noted this, but the OP has Timeshift 360 as $19.99. That was all I wanted, but it was actually priced at $29.99. Everything in Columbia MD was gutted as well.

They can suck it. I went across the street and got Timeshift sealed on clearance for $19.98.

Stores opened up about an hour ago... Still sitting here at work... I swear if the Label Printer doesn't quicken it's pace we're going to have an Office Space moment... weapon of choice being the 5 foot metal ladder sitting in the filing office to smash it into pieces. >.>
Pent up aggression towards the machines in my office...? Naw...

Picked up....

Sega Superstars Tennis 360
Dementium: The Ward DS
Hitman: Blood Money 360

and going out to get Worms 2: Open Warfare

I'm in Baltimore and picked up pretty much everything I was looking for:

Odin Sphere X2
Katamari Damacy

All sealed. Visited two Gamestops and used the 10% off coupon at both.

OMG. this was the first time i've ever purchased a new game at GS that was sealed! picked up timeshift. thinking about picking up house of dead for wii.

for the people that has already went to GS....are there any deals on used games?
for the guys working at GS, you know anything bout a B2G1 sale before game days sale ends?

Left there with everything I wanted.

Odin Sphere - Sealed copy $18 w/10% off
Sonic Mega Collection + (PS2) - Sealed Copy $9 w/ 10% off
Sega Superstars Tennis (360) - Gutted, $18 w/10% off

Very very satisfied with this.

[quote name='SerenityKry']For those of you who have already popped into a store already this morning, has it seemed like a mad rush? I'm not too worried seeing as how I live in Arizona and absolutely no one cares about gaming. That or people are far too scared to sit in front of a store...[/quote]

My part of California, there were people parked...I was there at 9:45 a.m. and there was a line about maybe 8 people not a whole lot but early morning and I think the line caught them by surprise.

But again, I think the surprise will be when people find out that the games on sale for GameDays, it's first come, first serve and some stores only received one copy of a game, so if you want in on this deal, I think it's worth to make a trip today to your store...not tomorrow or a few days because what you want may be gone.

I have to admit that I was a bit surprised that there are only one copy of the PC games. Last year, there were so many of them.

Now, they need to continue this sale throughout the month, so if similar to last year, they will continue to get more shipments to put out on floor but truthfully, last year the only replenishments were mainly the PC games.

[quote name='SerenityKry']

For those of you who have already popped into a store already this morning, has it seemed like a mad rush? I'm not too worried seeing as how I live in Arizona and absolutely no one cares about gaming. That or people are far too scared to sit in front of a store...[/quote]

Mad rush? no way I was the only one there but YMMV.:lol: This is Southern California.

[quote name='ChavaSalinas']for the people that has already went to GS....are there any deals on used games?
for the guys working at GS, you know anything bout a B2G1 sale before game days sale ends?[/quote]

Game should be new, but some are gutted and it "said" to be new.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, OP. I made my purchase online since I don't have time to stop off at the store. I nabbed:

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP, new, $19.99)
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii, new, $19.99)

Used SAVER for free value shipping, too.

I was going to also nab Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the PSP ($9.99 new), but decided against it. I already have a SF anthology which includes it anyway, and I have my doubts about playing a fighting game like that with PSP controls.

Anyway, thanks again, and best of luck to the rest of you on your game hunts :)

anyone successfully used the code "DIAMOND" online for 10 off 75? somehow I can not get it. maybe it's because the games I want do not qualify. also, what's chance of getting a sealed copy if I order the "new" games online?

[quote name='SerenityKry']Stores opened up about an hour ago... Still sitting here at work... I swear if the Label Printer doesn't quicken it's pace we're going to have an Office Space moment... weapon of choice being the 5 foot metal ladder sitting in the filing office to smash it into pieces. >.>
Pent up aggression towards the machines in my office...? Naw...

[quote name='blacklabel036']Picked up....

Sega Superstars Tennis 360
Dementium: The Ward DS
Hitman: Blood Money 360

and going out to get Worms 2: Open Warfare[/quote]

crap i forgot to get hitman. and i freakin used my 10% off coupon already. but i did get:

Monster Hunter 2 (PSP) - $17.99
Dementium (DS) - $13.79 or so

yeah i was the only one looking through the Game Days bins today (Chicago burbs, Niles/Skokie). the usual lunch break crowd was more interested in Wii's and GTA IV.

[quote name='kndy']My part of California, there were people parked...I was there at 9:45 a.m. and there was a line about maybe 8 people not a whole lot but early morning and I think the line caught them by surprise.

But again, I think the surprise will be when people find out that the games on sale for GameDays, it's first come, first serve and some stores only received one copy of a game, so if you want in on this deal, I think it's worth to make a trip today to your store...not tomorrow or a few days because what you want may be gone.

I have to admit that I was a bit surprised that there are only one copy of the PC games. Last year, there were so many of them.

Now, they need to continue this sale throughout the month, so if similar to last year, they will continue to get more shipments to put out on floor but truthfully, last year the only replenishments were mainly the PC games.[/quote]
I'm not too worried, there are a good 3 Gamestops within driving distance that I can hit up on my lunch break.

Not to mention there is one a ways past my house that no one even knows about, recently built, that may have everything if my lunch break search fails.

I was also surprised to see only one copy of the PC games. I got there about 30 minutes after the store opened and there was only one Monster Hunter left and Odin Sphere was sold out. I wasn't looking to get those games, but it may help others to get their asses to the store so their game isn't gone.

Aaaarrrgggghhh! I can't get there till tomorrow morning! Hope they have something left! There are several stores close-by.

Once again a BIG sale at gamestop adds up to only a slight discount for your average CAG. Anything I would have wanted to get from the list, I already got ages ago and for less.

Still, it's interesting to see them getting close to real sales, unless of course (as I expect) these are all for used games.

I can also confirm the list is in need accurate and the accessories available aren't anything to wow about. Mostly sports related system remotes and controller charge packs in limited quanity. I ended up buying Odin Sphere, Destroy All Humans 2 and Damacy, but I'll probably return tomorrow for Budokai 1 & 2 and the Hitman Trilogy as well. All were gutted in the Chapel Hill/Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio store but I couldn't care less. Aside from a minor nick in OS's manual, the games and the boxes were in damn great shape with a little dust here or there on them. I went in around 11 and there only a handful of gamers there that weren't even interested in sale to tell you the truth. There were only two copies of Odin when I left so if you're in the Akron, Ohio area I suggest you high tail it there before rush hour starts. The copies are in the first rack on the left side as soon as you get in the store.

Now on a totally unrelated note if any of you are in need of a great battery and live in my area (obviously) then those TRU PSP 2200 mAh are still in stock at Montrose's location. $18 is a damn great price though the battery cover doesn't come with it.

The UMDs were brand new no doubt about it because all of them still had the security stickers on them, but they were just cut down the middle with a razor blade to take the movie out. The House of the Dead I bought was perfect in every way, and the case plastic was still really smooth just like new games are when you take the plastic off. Like someone said earlier Timeshift was supposed to be 19.99 on the 360, but it was marked at 29.99 just like the PS3 version. The employee there was saying the sale was already messed up because some games weren't scanning the correct sale price, and they had to be manually discounted.

Spent too much fucking money as I knew I would. Here's my haul:

Fishing Master Wii
Puppy Luv Wii
2 X Wii battery & charger

Monster Hunter Freedom PSP
Midway Arcade Treasures PSP

2 X Puppy Luv DS
Uno DS
EA Playground DS
Worms 2 DS

2 X Sega Genesis Collection PS2
Destroy All Humans PS2
Destroy All Humans 2 PS2
Jaws PS2

Saved some pretty good money, what with the sale and the extra 10% off. Sweetness.

here were plenty of copies of everything on the list, all gutted. Picked up Odin Sphere and Sega Genesis Collection, both for the PS2. Was thinking about Katamari but figured this was enough with MGS4 next week. One funny note, there was a family there looking for a game for their 3 year old boy, not that he would know what to do or anything but just to let him use the controller to do something simple on the screen. I was going to suggest Katamari with its super simple controls and bright graphics but the parents settled on... Mortal Kombat Armaggedon which the clerk assured them that he would be able to move the characters back and fourth and that every button would do something.

What can you do? As the father explained to the mother, you cannot protect the boy from violence all his life and its not like one game will make him an Ax Murderer or anything. The clerk suggested not giving the 4 year old an ax anyway, just to be safe. What a world.

They are all new. Used prices are not adjusted accordingly. Still a good sale for people to pick up games they missed or have been waiting on. I picked up Katamari and Odin Sphere (And over $100 more)...

I'm sorry, wallet.

[quote name='TheHammerGod']One funny note, there was a family there looking for a game for their 3 year old boy, not that he would know what to do or anything but just to let him use the controller to do something simple on the screen. I was going to suggest Katamari with its super simple controls and bright graphics but the parents settled on... Mortal Kombat Armaggedon which the clerk assured them that he would be able to move the characters back and fourth and that every button would do something.

What can you do? As the father explained to the mother, you cannot protect the boy from violence all his life and its not like one game will make him an Ax Murderer or anything. The clerk suggested not giving the 4 year old an ax anyway, just to be safe. What a world.[/quote]

Ouch. I usually side with the father's argument, but at age 3, the kid can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality. He needs to be AT LEAST 5 before playing an M-rated game, and I would prefer closer to 8. or 12. or 15.

[quote name='TheHammerGod']here were plenty of copies of everything on the list, all gutted. Picked up Odin Sphere and Sega Genesis Collection, both for the PS2. Was thinking about Katamari but figured this was enough with MGS4 next week. One funny note, there was a family there looking for a game for their 3 year old boy, not that he would know what to do or anything but just to let him use the controller to do something simple on the screen. I was going to suggest Katamari with its super simple controls and bright graphics but the parents settled on... Mortal Kombat Armaggedon which the clerk assured them that he would be able to move the characters back and fourth and that every button would do something.

What can you do? As the father explained to the mother, you cannot protect the boy from violence all his life and its not like one game will make him an Ax Murderer or anything. The clerk suggested not giving the 4 year old an ax anyway, just to be safe. What a world.[/quote]

w...t...f :???:
sad

I'm broke, so I passed up a few games I figure I'll be able to find later on (like House of the Dead), and left with just one game - Worms 2: Open Warfare.

My store only had one copy and it had been gutted and stickered for display in the bin, but I figure that's not going to be a title that most stores would have multiple copies of, so I went with it anyway.

[quote name='GonzoGamer']Once again a BIG sale at gamestop adds up to only a slight discount for your average CAG. Anything I would have wanted to get from the list, I already got ages ago and for less.

Still, it's interesting to see them getting close to real sales, unless of course (as I expect) these are all for used games.[/QUOTE]

...Have you read the thread at all? These are NOT used games. The used games have NOT been marked down.

I got the Wireless PS3 controller, which came out too after tax and w/ coupon, to about $14.57. It does use batteries instead of charging via USB, but for a 2nd controller I'll hardly use, not bad deal at all.

[quote name='donut']Odin
a few UMDs
and a mint ps3 Ratchet & Clank for $23 (customer had a coupon dilemma.....manager was cool)[/quote]

How did you get Ratchet and Clank for $23 ? its still $49 used at my store, no discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back