Gamestop Game Days Sale June 2nd + 10% off coupon - LISTS ARE IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LISTS ARE IN - BIG UPS TP TAMMY P AND MASTER SHAKE

[quote name='Master Shake']ps3 official list
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
harry potter 00tp 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
timeshift 29.99
viking 29.99
virtua fighter 5 19.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

xbox 360

battlefield 19.99
battlestations midway 19.99
burnout revenge 19.99
command and conquer 19.99
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
fear 19.99
godfather 19.99
just cause 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
need for speed carbon 19.99
sega superstar tennis 14.99
sonic 14.99
timeshift 19.99
viking 29.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

wii official list

ben 10 14.99
fishing master 14.99
godfather 19.99
hot whees 19.99
house of dead 1 & 2 19.99 (17.99 with coupon) I think best deal
mario & sonic 29.99
mortal kombat 19.99
naruto 19.99
puppy luv 19.99
sega tennis 19.99
sims pet 2 19.99
sonic secret rings 19.99
sonic riders 19.99
super monkey 19.99
the bigs 19.99

pc games

diablo 2 lord of 9.99
dirty dancing (shure to sell a million) 9.99
guild wars eye of the north 14.99 (excellent price)
tabula rising collectors 29.99
tabula rising 14.99
warcraft 3 frozen throne 9.99
warcraft battlechest WOW ed 29.99
zoo tycoon complete 9.99

ds official list

atv/monter truck 9.99
baby pals 19.99
ben 10 14.99
dementium 14.99
digimon dawn 19.99
digimon dusk 19.99
diner dash 14.99
EA play ground 9.99
mario ans sonic 14.99
nervous breakdown 14.99
puppy luv 9.99
rafa tennis 19.99
sega tennis 14.99
sonic rush 14.99
super monkey ball 14.99
uno/ski o/ uno freefall 9.99
worms 2 9.99

PSP

after burner 19.99
atari evolved 9.99
ben 10 14.99
blitz 9.99
brave story 19.99
crazy taxi 19.99 - terible price in my opion
downstream panic 14.99
full auto 2 14.99
harvest moon 14.99
hot wheels ul racing 9.99
juiced 2 9.99
midway arcade ext plAY 9.99
MONTER HUNTER 2 - 19.99 *** BEST DEAL FOR SURE
mortal kombat deception - 9.99
sega collection - 14.99
sonic rivals - 14.99
street fighter alpha 3 max - 9.99 *** ok price
valhalla knights 19.99 - good price if you dont have it with 10% off coupon
worms 2 - 14.99

ps2

ace combat zero - 19.99
ben 10 14.99
cabelas alaskian 14.99
destroy all humans 1 0r 2 9.99
bragon ball z 3 19.99, 1 and 2 9.99
godzilla unleashed 19.99
hitman trilogy 19.99 - actullay really good price with extr 10% OFF FOR ALL 3 BRAND NEW GAMES
JAWS - 9.99
KATAMARI DAMACY - 9.99 AWSOME DEAL IF YOU GET SEALED
mortal k arma - 9.99
namco 50th 14.99
nicktoons unite 9.99
odin sperhe - 19.99 - can anyone argur with the 10% off coupon
scarface 9.99
sega gen collection 9.99
sega super star tenis 19.99
shadow the hedgehog 9.99
sonic heroes 9.99
sonic mega colection 9.99
sonic riders 9.99 (funny i think they just broke down the sonic 3 pack that was 29.99 for these
soul calibur 3 - 9.99
tomb raider legend - 9.99

umd list all are 4.99 - 4.49 with coupon
7 seconds
anacondas 2
are we there yet
bewitched
big hit
boogeyman
the cave
charlies agels
cowboy bebop
creatur comforts season 1
crouching tiger
dark crystal
deuce big europe
excorcism of emily
fifth elm
the fog 2005
fun with dick
godzilla
godzilla final wars
grudge
guess who
heavy metal
hellboy
hollow man
hostel
house of flying daggers
into the blue
joe dirt
kung fu hustle
labrynth
layer cake
legend of zorro
man of the house
mask of zorro
mirormask
not another teen movie - early Jamie pressly movie - she's soo hot
one upon mexico
rent
replacement killers
reidenr evil
RE apoc
richard pryor live
spider-man animated series
starship troopers
stealth
steamboy
stuart little 1 and 2 (both on one umd)
stuart 3
when a stranger calls
XXX state of un
you got served
zathura[/quote]

UPDATE: May 26

Yeah...still no list, BUT

CAGs have been mentioning lists received by stores and new price markings taking place. Its all a matter of us drilling employees for info or attaining the list.
-----------------------------------------------

Just noticed the Game days sale ad in the latest game informer. Last year's sale was pretty decent so its worth a thread. I'll try to post the ad and coupon later. Best part is the coupon doesn't say anything about being void if copied. No specifics yet on the sale.

"Hundreds of games and accessories up to 50% off"

Things to note:
- Should stack with edge (assuming there are used deals).
- Offer ends 6/30/08
- If you know the specifics, let us know!

Canada's Sale ( not known to be the same as the one here in the states)
http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Here's the scan...

gamedays.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='freakyzeeky']High-res scan of coupon...

GDCoupon.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Congrats...don't go there, then?[/quote]

It doesn't work like that. Gamestop haters would rather continue shopping there, so they have something to whine about on message boards.

God forbid they shop somewhere else, if they hate the place so much.

Picked up Worms 2 (DS) yesterday at ~5 ish, the Bin looked like it hadn't been picked at at all. No Odin Sphere at the one I went to. I asked the manager and he said he gutted them all because of people stealing merch last year.

I stopped by at a Gamestop in Boston (brothers Graduation/vacation trip) and picked up a sealed copy of Odin Sphere. The gutting seems to be highly ymmv

I'm not about to read 50+ pages, but incase any of you are diehard collectors, games are being shipped in just for this sale and are reprints (according to a GS manager I spoke with). I saw some of the same titles new out on the rack with higher price tags. Apparently existing stock wasn't used for the sale, but specially ordered reprints.

By the way I hear the Dirty Dancing PC game from the sale is crappity. :p

Picked up Katamari for myself, all of them were gutted but the employee let me choose the disc that -wasnt- scratched (first one he pulled had some minor crap on it)

Don't really care that it was gutted, checked it was not ruined and was going to open-n-play it anyhow :D

[quote name='biggercup']Went to pick up the Timeshift XBOX360 today.
Saleperson refuse to sell me a copy saying don't buy the game because it sucks.

I hate the fact that they still pull fanboy crap on customers.

I guess I am going to try another Gamestop tomorrow.[/quote]

Dude you should've just said "OK great, I am still buying it."

I mean seriously this isnt the USSR...buy whatever you want...what may be crap to someone might be a treasure to you.

*I* personally like Timeshift and think its a good game.

lol, that employee either wanted the game for himself or had a friend on his way to buy it and you fell for it. When you walked out he probably wiped the sweat off his forehead and told his friend they still had a copy left.

$uck! Independence Center, MO GS pissed me off. He rang up & I ask him 10% off are includes. He told me Yes! I double checked the receipt and it charge full price w/o 10% off. Go back and ask where's the 10% off ... He Told me the coupon can not combine with Game Days sale. I told him it's extra 10% off on the coupon. I should return all the games & UMD movies but all my games is SEALED & NEW (Not displayed copy). He Told me call the manager ... blah blah... Son of a GUN. I'll call the store manager tomorrow & see what i back up his employee or not! Better gimme something Free when i stop by tomorrow !!

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Dude you should've just said "OK great, I am still buying it."

I mean seriously this isnt the USSR...buy whatever you want...what may be crap to someone might be a treasure to you.

*I* personally like Timeshift and think its a good game.[/quote]

You should have said

You - "Ummm do you say that to all your customers?"

EB Guy/Girl - "Yeah"

You - "Well I am your Sierra Rep and was just verifying the prices on our games... Can you please give me your name and your ID #?"

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Dude you should've just said "OK great, I am still buying it."

*I* personally like Timeshift and think its a good game.[/quote]

another vote for Timeshift...and you need to boot that guy up the butt...

[quote name='sixspeednissan']lol, that employee either wanted the game for himself or had a friend on his way to buy it and you fell for it. When you walked out he probably wiped the sweat off his forehead and told his friend they still had a copy left.[/quote]

Perhaps, but I doubt they only had one copy of the game, considering these are mostly under-performing titles they are trying to clear out. More than likely, the guy really was just being a fanboy jackass. I've seen plenty of times before. Sad, really.

did anybody notice that katamari damacy came in a different type of PS2 box?
usually ps2 games have the memory card slot, but all of the katamari cases just had space for disk with the PS2 logo on top :S

edit: guess they used the same cases that were used in the Metal Gear Solid Essentials collection :S
ryanflucas might be right about the reprint thing
i'm not too diehard about original stuff, but it kinda bugs me :(

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']did anybody notice that katamari damacy came in a different type of PS2 box?
usually ps2 games have the memory card slot, but all of the katamari cases just had space for disk with the PS2 logo on top :S[/quote]

Like the guy a few posts up noted, these are reprints, so they should come in the newer, cheaper cases.

[quote name='Masterkyo']$uck! Independence Center, MO GS pissed me off. He rang up & I ask him 10% off are includes. He told me Yes! I double checked the receipt and it charge full price w/o 10% off. Go back and ask where's the 10% off ... He Told me the coupon can not combine with Game Days sale. I told him it's extra 10% off on the coupon. I should return all the games & UMD movies but all my games is SEALED & NEW (Not displayed copy). He Told me call the manager ... blah blah... Son of a GUN. I'll call the store manager tomorrow & see what i back up his employee or not! Better gimme something Free when i stop by tomorrow !![/quote]

For goodness sake it;s a GAME DAY'S COUPON!

I ordered a copy of Worms 2 for the DS from their site. I need a new DS game, I'm almost finished with the third case in Apollo Justice and I enjoyed the Xbox Live version of Worms (and the demo of this game I downloaded on my Wii a few hours ago).

Grabbed a copy of C&C 3 that was gutted (ick!) since that was the only game which interested me. I also saw a 360 FEAR for $19.99 but I decided to pass since I'm strapped for cash during the summer. Anyone want to play some C&C 3 online with me? lol.

For whoever suggeested we get a womrs2 FC code thread going. Theres a Worms 2 thread in the DS section with only 2 pages, im sure we could use that

Was still able to pick up Odin Spere as of today. One has to wonder what kind of gamers live in my area when my local Gamestop has multiple copies of Odin Sphere and zero copies of Dirty Dancing as of early this night. My location still had about everything in stock(minus DD of course, lol), but very few UMD choices.

went back today to pick up Just Cause and Battlestations Midway. gutted now, examined the discs for both games horrible condition scratches smudge marks. so I left empty handed, bah How hard is it for employees to be careful when taking discs out and putting them back? Really

[quote name='DiddlyKong']Just got my order from gamestop.com:
Cowboy Bebop the movie $5 Sealed
Sega Genesis Collection $10 Sealed
Katamari Damacy $10 Sealed
SoulCalibur 3 Greatest Hits $10 Sealed

I used the SAVER code to get free shipping. Can't believe i got overnight so weird.
I think online was the way to go on this sale.
Has anyone else used the SAVER code and got their stuff overnight? (I live in Texas)[/quote]
Good to hear those from the online store are sealed.

I'm tempted to just order online and forget about the 10% off coupon. Ordering online would ensure those games are sealed (instead of being carelessly put behind counter in paper sleeves), and avoid burning $4 a gallon gas just to get to a store.

Do they ship those in a padded envelope or in a box? When I ordered 1 or 2 games they usually shipped in a box and sometimes they got banged up enroute. I wonder if there is a magic quantity for which they would ship in a box?

[quote name='Snowball21']Was still able to pick up Odin Spere as of today. One has to wonder what kind of gamers live in my area when my local Gamestop has multiple copies of Odin Sphere and zero copies of Dirty Dancing as of early this night. My location still had about everything in stock(minus DD of course, lol), but very few UMD choices.[/QUOTE]

Its possible they didn't get any in. We have 2 Gamestops here and I had to goto the second one to get a copy of Worms 2 for the DS as the one I usually goto simply didn't get any in.

[quote name='ryanflucas']I'm not about to read 50+ pages, but incase any of you are diehard collectors, games are being shipped in just for this sale and are reprints (according to a GS manager I spoke with). I saw some of the same titles new out on the rack with higher price tags. Apparently existing stock wasn't used for the sale, but specially ordered reprints.

By the way I hear the Dirty Dancing PC game from the sale is crappity. :p[/quote]
The PS2 games appear to be the reprints. You can tell so by the new game case design (lack of memory card holder).

I don't really care if it's first batch or reprints as long as they are the same content wise and, if I'm buying a new game, it got to better be factory sealed! I can't stand the fingerprint smudges and scratches on the disc when they put it away in their paper sleeve.

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone get Timeshift for PS3 and play it online? I want to get it, but I'm guessing no one plays online...[/quote]

i know that a lot of people play the demo online, but that's free...
i assume there are people playing it online still, though definitely not as much as COD4 or warhawk or anything like that.

[quote name='HiddenPanda']Hmm, everyone says Timeshift 360 is 19.99, the website says its 19.99, yet at 2 of my local gamestops all the copies had a 29.99 sticker...

Weird.[/quote]

it was a last minute change. The checklist the stores got for tagging the games accidentally said $29.99 when it was suppose to be $19.99. The employees at that store didn't get or know about the memo to correct the price.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but Tekken 5 (PS2) is now online in the sale list for $10. I don't see it in the OP's list so just a head up.

Not even bothering to read 50+ pages, especially noticing the GS/EB diehards coming out the last 5 pages and thier lust to buy opened merchandise, BUT for those who believe NEW means SEALED and won't stand for such crappy business practices, do what I did and go PM @ CC, BB and Wally's:lol:

Out of all the titles listed, only one you won't find anywhere else is maybe Katamari, but the rest can easily be had NEW and SEALED @ these other stores w/o the GS/EB hustle! I tried 1 GS and 1 EB, day one @ 10AM and both said they had gutted all copies of Game Day games. By noon, I had finished price-matching anything I wanted elsewhere and was heading home thoroughly satisfied with my purchases. No ads needed, since they changed all the prices online, so have the stores check the website for the lower prices:bouncy:!

[quote name='CaoPi']Has anyone happen to come across a physical ad of the Advertised Games in store? I was trying to Price match some games at other stores but there were no ads what so ever inside the GS's here.[/quote]

nope i asked the guy yesterday, and he said no flyers were shipped to any stores.

So how would one pricematch anything that's not even on the printable GS ad for the week? A lot of stores around me (BB,CC) are becoming more anal about scrutinizing competitors' ads, so going in with perhaps just a website printout seems like a recipe for a denial.

I've never been real savvy with pricematching, so to be able to PM prices listed online is a good option.

For me, personally, I'd still rather be able to use the 10% off coupon. I realize that opens me up to insults of having "a lust to buy opened merchandise," but, hey, it's my money.

[quote name='eau']Good to hear those from the online store are sealed.

I'm tempted to just order online and forget about the 10% off coupon. Ordering online would ensure those games are sealed (instead of being carelessly put behind counter in paper sleeves), and avoid burning $4 a gallon gas just to get to a store.

Do they ship those in a padded envelope or in a box? When I ordered 1 or 2 games they usually shipped in a box and sometimes they got banged up enroute. I wonder if there is a magic quantity for which they would ship in a box?[/quote]

I got my games in a box with bubble padding everything was in good shape. Except the umd which was floating around in it's case, it has some minor scratches but works perfectly.

[quote name='DiddlyKong']I got my games in a box with bubble padding everything was in good shape. Except the umd which was floating around in it's case, it has some minor scratches but works perfectly.[/quote]

Oddly enough, that has happened with some UMDs I have bought in the past. I guess, they don't like staying in their case..

[quote name='NoirTech']Sounds to me like it's time to break out the Mortal Kombat as someone mentioned earlier. :lol:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4430887&postcount=782[/quote]

I hadn't seen that earlier. I find it funny, but sad and frightening at the same time. Why stop at violence? Your kid's going to be inundated with sex and nudity in society as well, so it's not like it'll affect him/her anyway. ;) Maybe Conan would be a better option... anyone know a game that will up the ante and throw in some vulgarity?

[quote name='liono55']Not even bothering to read 50+ pages, especially noticing the GS/EB diehards coming out the last 5 pages and thier lust to buy opened merchandise, BUT for those who believe NEW means SEALED and won't stand for such crappy business practices, do what I did and go PM @ CC, BB and Wally's:lol:

Out of all the titles listed, only one you won't find anywhere else is maybe Katamari, but the rest can easily be had NEW and SEALED @ these other stores w/o the GS/EB hustle! I tried 1 GS and 1 EB, day one @ 10AM and both said they had gutted all copies of Game Day games. By noon, I had finished price-matching anything I wanted elsewhere and was heading home thoroughly satisfied with my purchases. No ads needed, since they changed all the prices online, so have the stores check the website for the lower prices:bouncy:![/quote]

Best Buys in my area have stopped PM'ing Gamestop [not just one store the whole district]... Circuit City and Walmart still PM but CC is hit or miss with their inventory and Walmart's lines are ridiculous atleast in my area....

Went and tried to buy copies of Odin Sphere and Brave Story.

The manager had gutted all of the titles so I slit his throat and bounced. Never going to that Gamestop again.

[quote name='paean']Are Hitman, Godfather or Timeshift (360) worth $20?[/quote]

Hitman most definitely is. The others, not so much. Timeshift is the most copy cat fps Ive ever played. If youve ever played halo or the half life series you will seriously be able to go through the levels in timeshift and point out which levels of halo and half life were ripped off to make them.

Picked up the Bluwave remote at Best Buy after price match with my $50 HDDVD gift card... that finished that card off for the most part so this worked out well. I will lake having the infrared sensor for use with future universal remotes.

[quote name='Togepy']
I've come to the decision that the only games I'll ever be buying at Gamestop are good games on sale for $10 or less. And we all know how rare that will be. I had already long ago decided never to buy a recently released full price game there, but now I sure as hell won't go there even if a game is on sale for $20. It's pretty shocking how many people on this site just accept purchasing an opened game as new. If a new game is opened simply do not accept it, why not just call ahead of time so you don't have to waste the gas, time and effort? I understand the random casual gamers buying this crap, but the people on CAG? Cmon guys, we shouldn't stand for this.

It's not a matter of being nitpicky collectors, it's a matter of a coorporation treating their costumers like shit to save a few bucks. They shouldn't open stores in extremely tight spaces and they should be purchasing fake game covers with cases like stores such as Toys R Us do.[/quote]

Yeah, I can't believe the crap people let GS get away with. Especially new games, you can go to any store in town and get it for the exact same price sealed. Others accept opened new released games because they have a pre-order, get your pre-order money back and walk out! That guy that walked out without Timeshift because the employee said no, that is insanity!

Because of the crap they pull, GS is my absolute last ditch effort to get a game. I will only go there to get a rare game that no one else within 15 miles has or in the rare case they have an awesome sale like now (and sometimes Black Friday).

[quote name='mistrsam']nope i asked the guy yesterday, and he said no flyers were shipped to any stores.[/QUOTE]
That's odd because I saw a flyer behind the counter last week that had "Game Days" on it with Monster Hunter 2 Freedom for $19.99 on the front. It had a post-it note on it, so maybe it was an employee-only flyer.

[quote name='salty tbone']I've never been real savvy with pricematching, so to be able to PM prices listed online is a good option.

For me, personally, I'd still rather be able to use the 10% off coupon. I realize that opens me up to insults of having "a lust to buy opened merchandise," but, hey, it's my money.[/quote]

Hope your not implying that I was trying to insult anyone with my post, because you just said it yourself, "it's your money" so you're free to purchase anywhere you deem acceptable to take it. Most of the "NEW" games for this sale have been opened, and it's obvious you and many others have no quarrel about purchasing them....more power to you is what I'm saying. For the rest of us who believe "NEW" means "SEALED", there are other options, and I was simply trying to share those choices with a few of my fellow CAGer's. Measely 10% off coupons mean jack to me when the merchandise is not new, plus the tax rate is over 8%, but like I said above, your money, your choice.

And the first person I asked at BB did ask for an ad or price enquiry print-out, so I ignored him and went straight to the customer service desk. Had the guy pull up the website to show him they were not used prices, which is all they really care about, and all was good there for my purchase! CC and Wal-mart may not have the greatest selections, but they did have a majority of the games listed for this sale and it was definately not hit or miss. The girl at customer service for CC was pissed, because she had just purchased Dementium two weeks prior for $30 at her own store, but had to give it to me for $15:applause:

[quote name='genfuyung']Hitman most definitely is. The others, not so much. Timeshift is the most copy cat fps Ive ever played. If youve ever played halo or the half life series you will seriously be able to go through the levels in timeshift and point out which levels of halo and half life were ripped off to make them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I almost picked up Hitman. Guess I will go back tomorrow.

Another store I went to yesterday had all gutted games in the bins, but they still had a bunch of sealed stuff behind the counter, as well. I guess, it all depends on how many copies they had of a particular title.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Another store I went to yesterday had all gutted games in the bins, but they still had a bunch of sealed stuff behind the counter, as well. I guess, it all depends on how many copies they had of a particular title.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Glad I got a sealed copy of HoTD, which I prompted ripped open. :p

Question: Did most stores get new *sealed* copies of the games that they are hiding behind the counter or in the store? If so, I might just trade in my "sealed copy" which was a plastic sticker placed on the opening slit of the case for a brand new sealed copy.

[quote name='jacknicklson']The manager had gutted all of the titles so I slit his throat and bounced. Never going to that Gamestop again.[/quote]

Did you say anything snappy, like "This is how you gut a game, mate!"?

Hey guys, I was at the store picking up NG2 today, and talked to the manager a while (I've gotten to know him over a couple years), and I noticed he was unpacking a buy 2 get 1 free sign on all used games. He doesn't know when it takes place yet, but he said next monday is your best bet ^_^ I love B2G1F

[quote name='cheapassfalcon']Hey guys, I was at the store picking up NG2 today, and talked to the manager a while (I've gotten to know him over a couple years), and I noticed he was unpacking a buy 2 get 1 free sign on all used games. He doesn't know when it takes place yet, but he said next monday is your best bet ^_^ I love B2G1F[/quote]

get out of town...:hot: i need so many ps2 rpgs it would be fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back