Gamestop Gameday Sale April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Gamestops annual game day sale begins April 3. Sighnage states 50% off games not upto 50% off in previous years. I don't have a specific list yet. They have always ran buy 2 get one free during this sale with select 3.99 UMDs. (which sighnage was received)

[quote name='joeboosauce']Never seen this. What should I expect at this sale? Is it on ALL used games? Accessories? Anything new?[/quote]

If I remember correctly, it's actually all new stuff, which seems like an odd move for GameStop. For me it's been a fairly hit or miss sale, as some of the new items they offer are pure awesome (Odin Sphere) while some of the stuff is a bit meh.

Here's last year's sale to see the kind of stuff they put on sale then.

So I really don't know what to expect for them this year. Hopefully a bigger selection of good PS3/360/Wii games. There's usually one in each category I want, though last year it was mainly Wii/DS/PS2 for me.

[quote name='Nirron']If I remember correctly, it's actually all new stuff, which seems like an odd move for GameStop. For me it's been a fairly hit or miss sale, as some of the new items they offer are pure awesome (Odin Sphere) while some of the stuff is a bit meh.

Here's last year's sale to see the kind of stuff they put on sale then.

So I really don't know what to expect for them this year. Hopefully a bigger selection of good PS3/360/Wii games. There's usually one in each category I want, though last year it was mainly Wii/DS/PS2 for me.[/quote]

I wonder why Gamestop moved the sale up two months? Must be the economy. I got Worms and Odin Sphere last year more then got my money's worth from both games.

Well thats also the week the new DSi comes out, the week before easter, and the New Godfather and Riddick games. So it potentially could be Gamestops biggestest non-christmas week this year.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I wonder why Gamestop moved the sale up two months? Must be the economy. I got Worms and Odin Sphere last year more then got my money's worth from both games.[/quote]

Not sure. When does their fiscal year end? I would be somewhat surprised if they weren't going to tout a lot more used stuff this time around due to the economy, as basically all their profit comes from the trade and sale of used stuff, and they've probably been flooded with used games considering that the past month they've been offering bonus trade-in credit via coupons.

You would think they'd hold off on the sale though until June. It's a smart move since a lot of children/teens too young/ignorant to shop around go to GameStop regardless of the best price or not, and many parents blindly follow. That, coupled with kids running around with nothing to do during summer spells massive amounts of screaming adolescents yelling for their parents to buy them some new game because the sign tells them it's up to 50% off and the sign is life: the sign is salvation, it is God.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I always pick up a few UMD movies at these sales, hopefully they've got some good ones this year.[/quote]

This is the only reason I ever go to these sales...looking forward to it.

Wow, last years list was horrid. It is a year later and I have never owned or played ANY of the games on that list. Most of it is stuff you can find for 5 bucks in clearance bins now. Far from the pick of the litter.

Very nice. If you guys are really anxious to know what's going to be on sale you should just ask a Gamestop employee. When I worked there we received the list of games and UMDs for the sale weeks before it began and slowly received the merchandise to keep in the office until the sale started. They didn't tell us to hide any details about the sale so we let people look through the list before it started.

I wasn't all that impressed with last year's at the beginning of summer. They had another sale like this at the end where I was able to pickup The Darkness for $8 and there were a few other good ones in there. Hopefully the selection is bigger this time. I'll keep my eyes open when April rolls around.

Oh also, don't be surprised if a lot of these items are gutted (new games opened up to be displayed). I believe last year we were instructed to gut all games so the bins look full. We didn't, but a lot of stores did.

There are a lot of GS employees on this site so if any of you start seeing shipments of older new games coming in (i.e. Devil Summoner) please post and let us know, as they will likely be sale titles. It was actually fairly easy to tell the sale titles last year well before the sale started as all Gamestops started getting in new Katamari Damacys, Odin Spheres, Ace Combat Xs, etc.

A birthday present for me? Here's hoping I can burn that GameStop GC I've been holding on to for a few months.

Game Days was very good to me last year. The one thing that stinks about it is the way some stores handle the merchandise. Many dump their entire stock of the games into the bins, which means they just put the cases out. Many stores, though, wisely only put out a few cases and still keep a bunch of sealed copies behind the desk.

Can't wait for this - got MHF2, SF3Alpha, Odin Sphere ...
a bunch of games I didn't play, really, but that's the case with all the games I buy. Except for SC3. :p
Maybe SC4 will be in it, I have an arcade stick now, and credit. Hum. Or SR2. I want those games.

We'll see. Last year I picked up some decent games, but it was all stuff that I found even cheaper by the time I got around to playing it months later. Don't think I wanna get suckered like that again this year with money being so tight.

[quote name='VioletArrows']We'll see. Last year I picked up some decent games, but it was all stuff that I found even cheaper by the time I got around to playing it months later. Don't think I wanna get suckered like that again this year with money being so tight.[/quote]
Isn't that kind of the point with older games? If you wait a few months to get around to playing an older game, more than likely it will be reduced in price by that time.

I stumbled upon this sale last year and picked up Odin Sphere. Since then I've been waiting anxiously for the next round.

It's mostly stuff that they significantly overstocked or that will be going to a "greatest hits" list in some capacity soon, but it's safe to say that anything that IS listed in this sale will probably be the best deal you'll find for quite awhile.

Everyone should definitely take a look at this.

I'm looking forward to another B2G1. Otherwise, I'm hoping that the crappy economy will lead to some better "sales" than last year. I think I picked up an 360 cooler fan for $5.

Didn't they have a similar event later in the year? I remember catching The Darkness and Prey for $15 total but it was more like Sept-Oct I believe.

5 days before I turn quarter of a century.
I enjoyed last years sale. I'll have some b-day money too so YAY!
I'll be stalking this thread for the list.
Thanks for the early notice.

I bet X-Blades makes the list, and used copies of Halo Wars since they will be flooded with those soon enough.

Also remember that towards the end of the sale they will drop the gamedays stuff even lower.

I held out and picked up a few DS games and Odin Sphere for even less than it started.

[quote name='georox']I bet X-Blades makes the list, and used copies of Halo Wars since they will be flooded with those soon enough.[/quote]

Game Days sale items are new.

[quote name='daminion']Also remember that towards the end of the sale they will drop the gamedays stuff even lower.[/quote]

Indeed. Also, last time, there was a coupon in Game Informer for an additional 10% off your Game Days purchase. So, keep an eye out for that.

Anyone interested in which UMD movies might be on sale can just do a search on Gamestop's website for "UMD", and filter the results to show only new merchandise. There's a list of a out 50 movies for $4.99 that all show up as backordered. I'm guessing that those are the movies that will be available once the sale starts.

I think that last year's Gameday Sale was pretty bad seeing as I wasn't interested in none of the games they had on sale (although I did get Dementium: The Ward). I liked the previous year's sale where I picked up DQVII, Musashi Samurai Legend, Castlevania: COD, Age of Empires: TAoK, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Hopefully, this year's list will actually be better.

Last year's stuff was not amazing, but there was still some decent stuff to be had, especially if you waited for them to drop the prices further. NBA Street Homecourt for $10 on the 360 was not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back