GameStop GameStock Week 2 (7/4-7/10) - Week 3 Peek (7/10 Hot Shots Golf Vita $19.99)

Auburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
320 (100%)
Purchase a NEW Vita system between 7/4-7/10 and receive a $50 gift card.
GameStop flyer states that you also get an 8GB Memory stick with purchase as well as the gift card. This was a mistake but GameStop is honoring this deal. If you were on the fence about the system, now is a great time to pick one up. YMMV (Some cases of stores not honoring this even though there was a memo that said otherwise. Try to grab a flyer in store and show it to the associate.)

Daily Deals:

Wednesday 7/4 ONLY:
MLB 12 Vita $19.99

Thursday 7/5 ONLY:

Unit 13 Vita $19.99

Friday 7/6 ONLY:

Reality Fighters Vita $14.99
Little Deviants Vita $14.99

Saturday 7/7 ONLY:
Mortal Kombat Vita $9.99

Sunday 7/8 ONLY:

Wipeout 2048 Vita $19.99

Monday 7/9 ONLY:

Modnation Racers Vita $9.99

Tuesday 7/10 ONLY:
Hot Shots Golf Vita $19.99

Other Notable New Deals:

Battlefield 3 PS3/360 $39.99 7/4 - 7/10
Dirt Showdown PS3/360 $49.99 7/4 - 7/10
Dragon's Dogma PS3/360 $49.99 7/4 - 7/10
FIFA Soccer 12 PS3/360 $39.99 7/4 - 7/10
Lollipop Chainsaw PS3/360 $39.99 7/6 - 7/8
Mass Effect 3 PS3/360/PC $29.99 7/4 - 7/10
Mortal Kombat Vita $29.99 7/4 - 7/10 (Daily Deal on 7/7)
Need for Speed: Run PS3/360 $19.99 7/4 - 7/10
Star Wars The Old Republic PC $19.99 7/4 - 7/10
Tiger Woods 13 PS3/360 $39.99 7/4 - 7/10
Tiger Woosd 13 LE PS3/360 $49.99 7/4 - 7/10
Witcher 2 360 $39.99 7/4 - 7/10
Refer here for overlapping deals: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323720

Bold titles are recently added or modified.

If you go to a store and an item is out of stock, ask the associate to print out a coupon code for free saver shipping at GameStop.com. This is a special promotion going on right now to be able to direct someone looking for an OOS item to the website to buy it at the same price as in store.

Week 3 Preview (7/11 - 7/17):

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Solder PS3/360 $39.99 7/11 - 7/17 *This is for the Signature Edition. This may or may not work with a Best Buy price match*

Assassin's Creed: Revelations PS3/360 $19.99 7/13 - 7/14 (PowerUP Only)

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim PS3/360 $39.99 7/11 - 7/17

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3/360 $19.99 7/11 - 7/31

Get an extra 50% in-store credit when you trade your old iPod, iPhone or iPad
Available 07/13/12-07/15/12

Purchase a pre-owned Xbox 360 system w/wireless controller, 2 pre-owned Xbox 360 games priced $19.99 or less, a pre-owned 20GB hard drive and a 1 year PRP - for only $169.95
Available 07/11/12-08/05/12

Purchase any pre-owned PS3 (original model), 2 pre-owned PS3 games priced $19.99 or less, a new HDMI cable and a 1 year PRP – for only $239.95

Purchase any pre-owned PS3 (slim model), 2 pre-owned PS3 games priced $19.99 or less, a new HDMI cable and a 1 year PRP – for only $259.99

Purchase a pre-owned Wii system with Wii remote, 2 pre-owned Wii games priced $14.99 or less, pre-owned Wii Remote (Nintendo), a pre-owned Nunchuk (Nintendo), and a 1 year PRP - for only $117.94

These prices are subject to change as they are using the current price as a base, less the discount.

(Thanks to ChosenOne1 for typing out the bundles)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jr1016']When you buy something from BBY and do instore pick-up do you price match by calling or do it instore? And if you do it instore which receipt do you use? Thanks..[/QUOTE]I haven't done it myself so I can't be certain, but I believe I saw a post where someone said you had to call to PM in-store pickup orders.

[quote name='jr1016']When you buy something from BBY online and do instore pick-up do you price match by calling or do it instore? And if you do it instore which receipt do you use? Thanks..[/QUOTE]

Since you ordered it online, you should call in CS.
Some stores will do it in-store for you but they do a return/rebuy process which may null the $10 saver coupon if they even bother keeping track.

By calling in they just refund the difference.

P.S. I have price matched orders to the point that the new total is under $50 but was still given the $10 coupon. I'm not sure if that still works but food for thought on how you want to do your purchases.

[quote name='iduncurr']If it was an all week sale I would have said for sure, yes.

But it's only on sale for 2 days so they might not?[/QUOTE]

its all good then. A store near me actually has it used. I might just eget it, if they hand me some gutted up "new" version. Im never going to let that fucking bullshit slide again!!!

I added some more titles to the main post. Deal goes live tomorrow!

The used Lollipop Chainsaw's probably won't get marked down because the price will be adjusted via Promo Wizard instead of a normal price change.

Also, there's supposed to be ~150 New price changes and ~200 Used price changes tomorrow. Hopefully there's going to be some more decent markdowns.

[quote name='Auburn']I added some more titles to the main post. Deal goes live tomorrow!

The used Lollipop Chainsaw's probably won't get marked down because the price will be adjusted via Promo Wizard instead of a normal price change.

Also, there's supposed to be ~150 New price changes and ~200 Used price changes tomorrow. Hopefully there's going to be some more decent markdowns.[/QUOTE]

I hope that used copys of infamous 2, killzone 3 and enslaved for the ps3 get marked down. I have points to get coupons in my reward zone acount and I would use them on these

[quote name='Auburn']The deals seem to be online at the website already. Today's daily deal is MLB 12 Vita for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Mortal Kombat (Vita) for $10 is live as well.

[quote name='chatgirl4']Lollipop Chainsaw worth $40?[/QUOTE]

not to me, if you are patient, it will be $30 in 2-3 months. If bestbuy is still hosting deal of the day, there is even a chance you might even see it for $20

Just went to Gamestop to buy a PS Vita and I did not get a $50 giftcard. Is this offer only in certain states or only at certain Gamestop stores...I'm in Hawaii. I did not see this deal in the weekly Gamestop ad that just came out. Maybe I just have bad luck.

Anybody else pick up a Vita today and did not get a giftcard?

LT

says its good both instore and online. http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-with-wifi/103083
u should've asked for the gc since u already knew of the deal. ur gonna have to make a trip back to the store.

[quote name='Lht69']Just went to Gamestop to buy a PS Vita and I did not get a $50 giftcard. Is this offer only in certain states or only at certain Gamestop stores...I'm in Hawaii. I did not see this deal in the weekly Gamestop ad that just came out. Maybe I just have bad luck.

Anybody else pick up a Vita today and did not get a giftcard?

LT[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrbutler14']I already have wipeout, modnation, mortal kombat and MLB and can recommend them all. I picked up modnation for $12 from BB and was surprised at how good it actually was. Anyone have any thoughts on unit 13, little deviants and reality fighters as I am considering them at these prices. Picked up metal gear, gravity rush, dynasty warriors and shinobido 2 for about $75 last week withthe pur $10 off coupon so I have games to play but if they are any good I will get them while they are cheap.[/QUOTE]

I can highly recommend Unit 13. I spent a ridiculous amount of time with it and was sad when I finally completed everything there was to do. I ended up getting a platinum trophy in it, which I only do for games that I am truly invested in. Probably spent around 20-30 hours before I finally put the game down. Definitely pick Unit 13 up over the other two if you have to pick just one.

So I bought a used game last Thursday does anyone know if today was the last day to return the game or if it's tomorrow? The reason I ask is I got Sniper Elite and I'm nearly done with it, kinda wanna return it and get Silent Hill HD Collection.

[quote name='dominator']So I bought a used game last Thursday does anyone know if today was the last day to return the game or if it's tomorrow? The reason I ask is I got Sniper Elite and I'm nearly done with it, kinda wanna return it and get Silent Hill HD Collection.[/QUOTE]

Since it was bought on thursday, tomorrow would be the last day, so your good :)

[quote name='dominator']So I bought a used game last Thursday does anyone know if today was the last day to return the game or if it's tomorrow? The reason I ask is I got Sniper Elite and I'm nearly done with it, kinda wanna return it and get Silent Hill HD Collection.[/QUOTE]

The day you buy it counts as day one. You have seven days. So yeah...today is your last day.

[quote name='dominator']Dang... Oh well, I may just trade it in at Best Buy... Lose out on about dollars but I can cash in on their B2G1 Free sale. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Just bring it to the store and talk to the associate. As long as your GameStop is pretty chill, you should have no issues returning it. I always give an extra day or two for customers unless they're in there abusing it all of the time.

MLB for 20 bux is an absolute steal. I play it more than any other game on any of my systems currently. Can't wait to pick up unit 13 tomorrow. My vita collection is looking better and better.

Picked up MLB today as well...can't believe how close it is to the PS3 version. I'm eagerly awaiting trying out Unit 13, though. Loved the demo.

^^^ MNR was a $12 BB DOTD 2 weeks ago(my 1st vita purchase gotta get the system soon since I'm up to 8 games LOL)

Unit 13 is now live will be getting my $20 back via pm today

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try out the Unit 13 demo tomorrow morning but I doubt I'll get it. I've hated every Zipper game I've played.

I can't wait to grab Wipeout on Sunday. I loved the PS3 one and the Vita version's menus are sexy.

[quote name='Umair56']I'll try out the Unit 13 demo tomorrow morning but I doubt I'll get it. I've hated every Zipper game I've played.

I can't wait to grab Wipeout on Sunday. I loved the PS3 one and the Vita version's menus are sexy.[/QUOTE]

Wipeout is a lot of fun, and not sure why your waiting, it's been 19.99 at Walmart for over a month now.

So I am liking the unit 13 demo, but I heard this game has no actual story, so this could get old rather quickly. So I am not sure if I should get this game. ...

hey guys, i tried in store pick up through the GS site but its telling me that the instore price is 39.99?

online price is 19.99 though...

perhaps i should give them a call when they open

[quote name='Jacoblee23']So I am liking the unit 13 demo, but I heard this game has no actual story, so this could get old rather quickly. So I am not sure if I should get this game. ...[/QUOTE]

It's meant to be a shooter you can enjoy in small doses, like a mission while taking the train somewhere.

[quote name='giantqtipz']hey guys, i tried in store pick up through the GS site but its telling me that the instore price is 39.99?

online price is 19.99 though...

perhaps i should give them a call when they open[/QUOTE]

All of these daily deals are reduced at the register. The price tag will still be at full price.

AWW JEA, got Unit 13 today. I rarely spend over $20 for portable games, and this was good timing.

It's a good game for a portable. It controls like a dream, the mission structure is really something where you can just put the system in sleep mode and come back to later, and it has a unique scoring element that makes you actually want to play as someone other than the shotgun guy (occasionally, lets not go crazy).

Would GS price match these vita game prices to their downloadable version counter parts? I would love to get Wipeout as a downloadable then the physical format same with MK. Would they do this?

[quote name='ZiggyGod']Would GS price match these vita game prices to their downloadable version counter parts? I would love to get Wipeout as a downloadable then the physical format same with MK. Would they do this?[/QUOTE]

nope, GameStop doesn't pricematch anyone (including their website).

Got Unit 13 and MK today. I find myself playing the Vita more than the PS3, and I just got the Vita for work and the bowl.

it looks like alot of CAG's are really enjoying unit 13. i had it since a while now and i think it's a decent game, but not as good as some people are saying. i know every body has different taste in games, but i think unit 13 is a little too hard, some missions will take me close to an hour to pass, and thats not even the really hard ones, but thats just me. anyway still a decent game.

Anyone else picking up Lollipop Chainsaw today?

Will be going to GS at open to get the used one they have by me and hopefully be able to use my $20 off a used game purchase as well since I have enough points for one.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']So I am liking the unit 13 demo, but I heard this game has no actual story, so this could get old rather quickly. So I am not sure if I should get this game. ...[/QUOTE]

Zipper Interactive has never done a story or a good one at least, and they've been shut down. I need at least something to make me want to play it, otherwise I'd just play an online MP game.

anyone able to add reality fighters to their cart?

I keep getting this message "Currently Reality Fighters - PS Vita is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart."

Thanks

Lollipop Chainsaw used is $37.99 - 10% for PUR and then I had enough for $20 off a used game purchase. Lollipop for $16 was a great deal IMO. Gotta love those Zombies

I noticed that Shinobido for the Vita is also on sale for $19.99. There was one of those SALE $19.99 stickers on it when I was at Gamestop earlier. Didnt pick it up as I wanted to play the demo I downloaded the other night. Plus I am down to $27 in credit after picking up Lollipop Used and then pre-ordering and paying off Doom 3 BFG edition. That $27 is either for MK for the Vita, Shinobido, or if UMVC3 Drops for the Vita. And if I dont get any of them then I'll use it towards Forza Horizon.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']I noticed that Shinobido for the Vita is also on sale for $19.99. There was one of those SALE $19.99 stickers on it when I was at Gamestop earlier. Didnt pick it up as I wanted to play the demo I downloaded the other night. Plus I am down to $27 in credit after picking up Lollipop Used and then pre-ordering and paying off Doom 3 BFG edition. That $27 is either for MK for the Vita, Shinobido, or if UMVC3 Drops for the Vita. And if I dont get any of them then I'll use it towards Forza Horizon.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a pricing error; Shinobido is on sale, but for $29.99 and $24.99 for used. It'll probably scan as such but they should give it to you at that price since it was marked that way.

bread's done
Back