Gamestop "Give a Little, Get a Little" - Fathers Day Sale [Glitch is DEAD]

poker360

Banned
620x150_fdsale2.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=873&loc=homeflash1

The new "DEAL" (as said above) : Buy ANY new game and get 50% off on a game from the list.

******GLITCH IS NOW DEAD. THE ONLY WAY TO GET 50% OFF IS IF YOU BUY ONE OVER 39.99 AND THE SECOND ONE WILL BE 50% OFF.******

Gamestop is having the sale as shown above. It is currently GLITCHED where you can order one game $39.99 or more and automatically get 50% off! I ordered split second for $29.99 + tax. It says 3 free day shipping, but it didn't apply to my final order, so i used SAVER for free shipping. This is for the NEW version only.

Apparently you can add any game from the list (i think) and lets say for NSMB Wii... put in a small filler, and get the game for 50% off as well.

Games that you can get 50% off of without having to buy 2: (Price listed AFTER 50% discount)

:ps3: LBP Goty + $10.99 game - $25.98 --- ADD LBP GOTY to cart and any game priced $10.99 and it will be $25.98
:wii:NSMB Wii + $5.99 game - $23.48 --- ADD NSMB Wii to CART and any game priced $5.99. Total should come out to $23.48!!
:ps3:Madden NFL 10 - $29.99
:360:NFS: Shift - $19.99
:360::ps3:Split Second - $29.99
:ps3:MX Vs. ATV: Reflex - $19.99
:wii:You Shape w/ camera - $19.99
:wii:Sonic & Sega All Stars - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MoonSpoon']My NSMB shipped, which is good because I'm one of the few that plans to keep it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, for 17.50 plus tax I think it is a perfect addition to any collection, if I grow incredibly bored with it, its a mario game, so not worried about a plunging TIV for it.

[quote name='estofan']My single order of Wii Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing shipped as well, with the 50% off glitch applied. I paid in full with my c/c without using any other $10 coupons (didn't manage to get it to stack). Maybe those people with cancelled orders tried something funny? Or placed too many orders?[/QUOTE]

I think, at least for me, I've had orders canceled in the past when I tried to take advantage of glitches in too bold a manner, so I think my account is flagged or something.

My NSMB and Half Life shipped. Kinda got over charged for Half Life, so they probably called it even lol.
I never continuously check to see if the order shipped through their site. If anything, I check my inbox repeatedly for shipping confirmation. Call it superstition or a valid idea that they notice that sort of thing. I don't know.

[quote name='Nova_01']My NSMB and Half Life shipped. Kinda got over charged for Half Life, so they probably called it even lol.
I never continuously check to see if the order shipped through their site. If anything, I check my inbox repeatedly for shipping confirmation. Call it superstition or a valid idea that they notice that sort of thing. I don't know.[/QUOTE]

did you get an email for a $10 coupon code?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Nah it was one of those. I emailed them the coupon code (UFC Sweepstakes) and order # and told them the coupon code wouldn't work. That's when she told me they'd credit me $10[/QUOTE]

I think that any time you email Gamestop about a code "not working" they will give the refund regardless. I thought the website glitched and took away a $20 credit code and I asked them about it. As it happens, the order showed up late on the order history screen, but customer still credited to my pre-order of Blazblue...so I essentially used the same $20 code twice. I was unintentional, but awesome

[quote name='lpfan41k']I think that any time you email Gamestop about a code "not working" they will give the refund regardless. I thought the website glitched and took away a $20 credit code and I asked them about it. As it happens, the order showed up late on the order history screen, but customer still credited to my pre-order of Blazblue...so I essentially used the same $20 code twice. I was unintentional, but awesome[/QUOTE]

*customer service still credited...my bad

[quote name='bert90987']did you get an email for a $10 coupon code?[/QUOTE]

I was told my code would be sent within 24 to 48 hours. I called and they gave me the code I never received for LBP when I ordered it a few months ago.

[quote name='lpfan41k']I think that any time you email Gamestop about a code "not working" they will give the refund regardless. I thought the website glitched and took away a $20 credit code and I asked them about it. As it happens, the order showed up late on the order history screen, but customer still credited to my pre-order of Blazblue...so I essentially used the same $20 code twice. I was unintentional, but awesome[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this too. I included the code in my email but I wonder if it's still valid

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I'm wondering this too. I included the code in my email but I wonder if it's still valid[/QUOTE]

I included the code in my original email. They either did not care or could not tell. Either way, it was a great deal. :applause:

Got my $10 code email late this morning and my shipping emails early this morning (though the site showed shipped yesterday).

My copy of S/S just flipped from Verifying right to Shipped between the last 10 minutes.

Also, the Used copy of S/S that I had ordered over the weekend is still Pending for some reason and that didn't involve any glitches other than a padded cart...

Color me surprised! Sent an email last night about trying to use a $10 off coupon on S/S. I got an email a few minutes ago saying I'd get a $10 refund "within the next 3-5 business days, depending upon your financial institutions credit policies". I wonder if the fact I used a gift card will cause an issue? If it comes through, w00t! :D

^my PS3 S/S just shipped from backorder as well. Looks like I'll get to use my logitech wheel that was intended for GT5.

You know what i hate? when CSRs don't really check your complaint and just reply with something.

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
For your satisfaction we have processed a request to have your shipping costs refunded to you. You should see the refund process within the next 3-5 business days, depending upon your financial institutions credit policies.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best Regards,
John
Customer Service Agent

thanks but I used SAVER.

[quote name='Velo214']Mine gets here tomorrow, yay! Hopefully before I leave...or else I miss a day.[/QUOTE]
Don't leave. (sniff) Err--just kidding!

Got my games today and the $10 SMB coupon in email as well. Of course Orcs and Elves came without original manual or box. (I have the worst luck buying stuff from the .com, does ANYONE EVER get original box AND manual for online orders?) But since it was basically filler for the glitch I can't complain too much in these circumstances.

NSMB seems perfectly sealed and new, haven't opened it yet.

I ordered Half Life on the PS2, Mass Effect 2 and Assassins Creed 2. All in boxes with manuals. My only complaint is both the 360 games came with blemished and worn disks.

Apparently both my orders arrived today (but I'm not home). That's pretty good considering it didn't default me to 2-day shipping but "Value" shipping instead (using SAVER). They came via USPS and must have been priority mail since they also only took 2 days. I'll have to see when I get home. I also got my $10 coupon for Glory of Heracles via email today. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with all my $10 coupons :lol:.

bread's done
Back