Gamestop Gurantee 40$ TIV Modern Warfare 2

Good eye hallow, can anyone confirm this?
smile

Here are the terms:
Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 online and get a guaranteed $40 trade credit if you trade in the game at a GameStop store by December 13, 2009
. Offer valid for online purchases only. Offer valid for a limited time only and will be extended to all existing pre-orders. GameStop reserves the right to end this promotion at any time. Coupon for $40 trade credit will be e-mailed November 16, 2009 to the e-mail address used to place the order. Xbox 360 and PS3 versions only.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74392

I guess with Powertrade/Edge you're basically getting a 1 month rental for $6 (though it comes out to a bit more with tax and shipping). Good I guess if you're just interested in the campaign but it might still be cheaper to rent (it's not supposed to be much longer than CoD4's campaign so you could probably beat it over a weekend). IF you are interested in MP though, I doubt you'll be willing to part with it that quickly.

im surprised that didnt come up in the previous thread. since this is just being introduced i'm not sure how it works but my theory is that it doesn't. power trade states that it cant be combined with any other offer. Though like i said it's just my theory i could be wrong.

So is this a new trend at Gamestop ?? No Doubt they will do this on more games to come.

Basically this ends up being a $20 1 month rental. Idiodic you won't unlock 50% of the weapons Achievements and Spec Ops modes ina month

Honestly people, if you're seriously considering this and you don't have Edge, you're better off getting a 1 month (1 game at a time) gamely subscription. Its cheaper and you have the potential to play more than one new game in pretty much the same span of time. Even a two-game-at-a-time subscription at $22 is more cost-effective IMHO.

If the $40 TIV is a special offer, it likely won't stack with PowerTrade (may or may not stack with Edge; it will probably be a 10% bonus on the original TIV).

bread's done
Back