GameStop: Half Off Used Sports Games 8/1-8/2only

Are these all the games in the link? I tried adding MK7, MKDD and Wii Sports Resort and only the last one was deducted . Was kinda hoping to pick up some mario sports games for cheap.

Edit: Mario Tennis Open (3DS) for $17.50. Not bad at all, may pick it up.

Edit2: Seems like racing games don't count, even though they are tagged as sports. Can get gamecube games like mario golf but MKDD and Gran Turismo 5 do not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just retried and it brought it right back up, are you adding the game to the cart? There's a link on the GameStock page, which is the same link I posted.

Ok working for me now. Added NCAA13. Like above poster said, racing games are listed but discount not being applied. Thanks OP.

Would love to pick up some cheap tennis games, but I'm still blacklisted from buying anything on the site for whatever reason. And as mentioned above, the shipping would kill most of the savings on the cheaper stuff. Wish this was in-store as well...

mario tennis for 21 shipped and w/ tax was pretty good. I feel pretty good about this, can probably trade in or sell for about the same if it isn't great. Hard to imagine it isn't at least good.

The link that the OP provided worked. I added games and was able to get the discount. The racing games that are listed do not seem to qualify though. My copy of NCAA13 was discounted to $22.50 or something close to that.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']The link that the OP provided worked. I added games and was able to get the discount. The racing games that are listed do not seem to qualify though. My copy of NCAA13 was discounted to $22.50 or something close to that.[/QUOTE]

I call BS, cant add NCAA to cart and instore isn't showing half off.

come on, east coast people. get In store...check out NCAA.

Called a store in Cincy, he said it didnt look like this was part of the sale. Thats some bullcrap

Was hoping it would apply to Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (which is listed as a sports game), but, like the racing games, no such luck.

[quote name='merchie89']I call BS, cant add NCAA to cart and instore isn't showing half off.[/QUOTE]

hmm, did you go to the store or called?

I called a store, adding to cart doesnt drop price like all other eligible games, and trying to do the instore reserve thing doesnt reflect a change in price.

Plus with it being a 2 week old game, it makes sense for the not to drop it to $22

[quote name='merchie89']I called a store, adding to cart doesnt drop price like all other eligible games, and trying to do the instore reserve thing doesnt reflect a change in price.

Plus with it being a 2 week old game, it makes sense for the not to drop it to $22[/QUOTE]

Then they should have said 'select' sports games, but they didn't. I am going to go to my nearby store and try to buy it for half off. If they refuse I will just call the District Manager.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Then they should have said 'select' sports games, but they didn't. I am going to go to my nearby store and try to buy it for half off. If they refuse I will just call the District Manager.[/QUOTE]

well they can just make up there usual bullshit excuse of our store doesn't reflect website blah blah.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Then they should have said 'select' sports games, but they didn't. I am going to go to my nearby store and try to buy it for half off. If they refuse I will just call the District Manager.[/QUOTE]

Seems like alot of whining to do....but people will do alot to save a few bucks these days

[quote name='bringerofdeath']well they can just make up there usual bullshit excuse of our store doesn't reflect website blah blah.[/QUOTE]

It's possible. Usually GameStops around here put up signs for the two day promos. I will just point to that.

But, honestly, this whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense. For example, read the fine print for 50% off sports games.

Not only are there two expiration dates, but it seems to be talking of a trade in promo.

[quote name='merchie89']Seems like alot of whining to do....but people will do alot to save a few bucks these days[/QUOTE]

Trust me it is a lot of whining. I am just fed up with GameStop being able to get away with things like this. I also want to play NCAA 13, not flip it.

No go on :ps3: NCAA 13 in-store. Rang up 45 -10% for PUR after he totalled it out.

The fine print on the ad reads more like a trade than a purchase, so who knows lol.

[quote name='merchie89']Maybe someone should try and trade in a sports game and see if they get 50% more[/QUOTE]

yeah interesting idea. Also it won't let me add this game to cart. Did everyone buy all the copies online or is this promo fucked up.

Also note peeps that EA titles require that stupid online pass which you wont get for a used game so tack on an extra $9.99 to any used sports game if you want to play it online. :whistle2:(

Pretty stupid that it won't work for NCAA considering it does, in fact, say ANY. I was reading the terms and conditions last night and was extremely confused. Different expiration dates and it's referring to a trade-in promo. So confusing.

It was working online including NCAA 13, it did take off the 50% when added to cart so it's definitely not a trade in promo. I reserved Ncaa 13 but can't remember if it showed the %50 off.

Wait so it doesn't work in store? It is wierd... last night i was sudden up at 3 am and I tried to add a 360 copy of the ncaa 13 in and it work but I didn't finish the transaction

[quote name='209chromatic']It was working online including NCAA 13, it did take off the 50% when added to cart so it's definitely not a trade in promo. I reserved Ncaa 13 but can't remember if it showed the %50 off.[/QUOTE]

Like many say, pic or it didnt happen

You would have had to had the game shipped, because I think even locking in a store pick up wouldn't lock the price in. Im guessing this part of deal is dead for now

Any chance whatsoever of getting a store manager to honor the price, since they're the ones who botched the terms of the deal? Gamestop's usually pretty good about eating things when they misprint their ads (e.g. The vita / GC / memory card earlier in Gamestock). I reserved two NCAA for in store pickup, but not worth the time or gas to go get them if corporate already has a memo out or something.

[quote name='@FIF']Any chance whatsoever of getting a store manager to honor the price, since they're the ones who botched the terms of the deal? Gamestop's usually pretty good about eating things when they misprint their ads (e.g. The vita / GC / memory card earlier in Gamestock). I reserved two NCAA for in store pickup, but not worth the time or gas to go get them if corporate already has a memo out or something.[/QUOTE]

Im thinking you have to go in store to even try and get the price. Gonna take some verbal workaround/whining to get the deal IMO

I just pick NCAA up in store. They had to manually change the price. Employee "acted" like he didn't know about it. Other than that no problem. 22 something after tax and PUR discount.

[quote name='mrclutch']I just pick NCAA up in store. They had to manually change the price. Employee "acted" like he didn't know about it. Other than that no problem. 22 something after tax and PUR discount.[/QUOTE]

They don't act... they usually don't know a damn thing about their own promos. Once in a great while you will find a store that actually informs their employees on what is going on.

well i work from 11-2 today, will check site updates at that point and may have to go try and get it if people are having success

bread's done
Back