sucks i had to pay 3.50 for shipping

got the games for little less then 15 shipped

figure

8 for the bowling
4 for the jigsaw game
1 ncaa
1 balls

What is sort of Shocking ordered at 3pm est shipped at 5pm est same day

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']GS employee incompetency levels reach an all time low. Even they are not aware of their speicals, not news breaking I know.[/QUOTE]

Come on man. If the employees aren't notified, don't expect them to know what's going on (I doubt they even care, nor should they if they are making minimum wage to high pressure their stupid rewards card and reserves).

[quote name='rman']Here are my recommendations for casual sports games that you may want to buy.

MLB 2k11
NBA 2K11
Madden 10
Tiger Woods 10
NHL 10
NCAA Football 11
Fifa 11
All Pro Football 2K8
Top Spin 2
MLB 10 The Show if you have a PS3

Get all these games for xbox360 if you can, much better then PS3 (IMO)[/QUOTE]
Jeesh, that's $50 in online codes.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']GS employee incompetency levels reach an all time low. Even they are not aware of their speicals, not news breaking I know.[/QUOTE]

Nope, totaled it out, tried different games, etc. Then called another store in the district - same problem.

Well, I wanted to get Remington Wii games (4 of them used with case and booklets). But they said only on traditional sports titles... Though it works online. They even let me get Mario Tennis to 50% off... Well, I got a flyer from another store that explicitly says ANY sports title so I'll try again tomorrow...

[quote name='chris00cm']Jeesh, that's $50 in online codes.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Pretty much all of those games don't have active online servers anymore (to my knowledge anyway, at least the majority don't)

[quote name='cancerman1120']mlb 12 or 11?[/QUOTE]

didn't you get the used mlb 11 the show from bestbuy in last months gcu coupon deal?

[quote name='slidecage']picked up

balls of fury ds LOL
ncaa 2009 ps3
some jigsaw game for the DS
and
some bowling game for the 3ds

sucks i had to pay 3.50 for shipping

got the games for little less then 15 shipped

figure

8 for the bowling
4 for the jigsaw game
1 ncaa
1 balls

What is sort of Shocking ordered at 3pm est shipped at 5pm est same day[/QUOTE]

seems i got too happy about that shipping.. got an email now saying

ALLOW up to 2 days for UPS TO PICK UP THE ITEM
Allow 3 to 5 days for UPS to transfer the item to the USPS
ALLOW 5 to 10 days to USPS TO DELIVER THE ITEM

WTF why not have UPS deliver it

[quote name='RomieYO']Come on man. If the employees aren't notified, don't expect them to know what's going on (I doubt they even care, nor should they if they are making minimum wage to high pressure their stupid rewards card and reserves).[/QUOTE]

You're right, its not all of them. The ones at my store were awesome. When I walked in, the guy gave the girl the game, told her to ring it up and discount it 50%. Just amazing that there can be that much variance between stores.

[quote name='Kevbo887']Doesnt seem to be working for Forza 4 online.[/QUOTE]

some ppl mentioned earlier some games would not discount through online, so if you really want the game. you will have to go into the store

[quote name='slidecage']seems i got too happy about that shipping.. got an email now saying

ALLOW up to 2 days for UPS TO PICK UP THE ITEM
Allow 3 to 5 days for UPS to transfer the item to the USPS
ALLOW 5 to 10 days to USPS TO DELIVER THE ITEM

WTF why not have UPS deliver it[/QUOTE]

It's called "Mail Innovations"...and it must be cheaper for them because it's freaking terrible and slow.

Picked up NCAA 13 and The Show 12 for $37 total. Had some credits so it wound up being cheaper.

Edit: GS provided Online Pass for Show 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to share my entertaining experience. After getting shot down at my local GameStop, I went the next town over. Thankfully, I'm in a Dallas suburb, so the next town's five min away. I called beforehand and checked to make sure they'd sell me NCAA Football 13 at half price.

I went in to pick it up, and the employee tried to tell me that was a trade in deal only. Then he tried to sell it to me at full price. I explained that wasn't what my ad said. He checked his company e-mail and it said 50 percent off. He called a manager and they told him to do an override. While he's doing the override, the next customer comes in. He immediately yells "Welcome to GameStop! Preowned Sports Games are 50 percent off today!"

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's called "Mail Innovations"...and it must be cheaper for them because it's freaking terrible and slow.[/QUOTE]

It is cheaper. I'm a letter carrier. We charge about half of what UPS does for small to medium size packages(big ones, UPS is cheaper). So they charge you 8 bucks(or GS or whatever retailer) then bring the package to the Post Office and pay 4 bucks to send it through us. I kid you not. The UPS truck comes in every day at about noon and unloads a truck full of parcels that they don't want to deliver and they turn a profit at your expense. Oh, yes, FedEx truck arrives daily as well doing the same thing. It takes forever cuz they don't pay first class Priority Mail postage, just the cheaper parcel post to turn a nice profit. In city, this isn't done as much. In any out of the way rural area though, it is costly for them to deliver these parcels as they are not picking up very many outgoing packages for new revenues. So they have us do their unprofitable work for them. They pay the postage, we have to take them. So that is the "innovations" part in UPS Mail Innovations...charge customer 10 bucks, bring to PO and pay 5 bucks postage. BTW, if they paid us Priority postage, it gets there in 2/3 days. That's not as profitable for them, obviously.

Stupid NYC pawn laws. All the local Gamestops that list NCAA Football 2013 in stock are actually holding them until the 15 day period passes.

I think some GameStops are holding them till after Gamestock or keeping them for friends. I got the weirdest response from 1 of the employees, earlier today.

**GS employees should have received an email detailing the promo or been informed by their dm to over ride the ncaa price to 50% off. I saw the printout today when I picked it up.

Traded in NBA 2k12 (360) for 18.20 with bonus
and bought 3 PS3 games -
NBA 2K12
MLB 10 The Show
Tiger Woods 09

only had to pay 2 bucks. Thanks OP!

[quote name='labrat34']Traded in NBA 2k12 (360) for 18.20 with bonus
and bought 3 PS3 games -
NBA 2K12
MLB 10 The Show
Tiger Woods 09

only had to pay 2 bucks. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

What did the employee say to you when you bought the same game you just traded in? :lol:

Saint'sRow911;9847966 said:
What did the employee say to you when you bought the same game you just traded in? :lol:

he actually bought a different version of the game. but yeah, that is a nice score!

Just picked up NCAA 13 for $20.xx. The dude behind the counter had no idea about the sale and had to make a phone call, but it was worth the wait.

The best part? Online pass coupon INTACT and VALID.

VICTOLY

Picked up an older Madden game, required a manual override, but the employee was happy to do it once he released that's what it took.

Got my 360 and PS3 versions of NCAA 13 and MLB The Show 12.

He didn't know about the deal but I told him to check his email and he found it. Did the override. Wouldn't let me use my b2g1 promo ontop but he was cool about doing the override after a phone call.

Oh and all 3 games had all the inserts, including the online codes. Not really sure if they work. I will give the PS3 MLB the show 12 and PS3 NCAA 13 codes from inside the game to whoever PMs me first!

Went in store and they said they were manually doing 50%, grabbed a couple racing games and they said no that racing games don't count. Swore racing was included.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Went in store and they said they were manually doing 50%, grabbed a couple racing games and they said no that racing games don't count. Swore racing was included.[/QUOTE]

The rep I bought from earlier told me that the email explicitly states racing games are included after I brought up they didn't work for me online.

My online pass for NHL 12 worked! Obviously The Show came with one. Feeling great about that $38 in credit. I haven't checked my pass for NCAA 13 yet but it was such a steal at $22 I can swing a pass if I want one.

[quote name='mrclutch']My online pass for NHL 12 worked! Obviously The Show came with one. Feeling great about that $38 in credit. I haven't checked my pass for NCAA 13 yet but it was such a steal at $22 I can swing a pass if I want one.[/QUOTE]

Do all pre-owned copies of MLB The Show 12 come with online passes? I was thinking about picking this up.

At my local store, one employee did not know about the promotion at all. I showed him their website on my phone and then noticed they had the ads on the counter. It did not ring up for that price but he got another employee to override. So $20.24 (with rewards card) for NCAA 13. Good deal.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Do all pre-owned copies of MLB The Show 12 come with online passes? I was thinking about picking this up.[/QUOTE]

i purchased it too, it does come with online pass

[quote name='YBX87']i purchased it too, it does come with online pass[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow. I was planning on picking it up anyway. If the online pass is included, it will be an even better deal.

The manager at my store refused to override it. Basically maintained that it was an "oh well I guess it doesn't work" situation. Always class gamestop.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow. I was planning on picking it up anyway. If the online pass is included, it will be an even better deal.[/QUOTE]

just make sure you check your recipt, it should be on there

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Went in store and they said they were manually doing 50%, grabbed a couple racing games and they said no that racing games don't count. Swore racing was included.[/QUOTE]

Which store did you go to? The one by Norman Super Target has some pretty cool guys working there. Check 'em out.

[quote name='Pura_Master']Picked up wwe all stars, punchout, mario tennis, and mario baseball all for less than $40. Thanks op[/QUOTE]

How much was PunchOut? If you try to buy @ GameStop.com the price jumps to $35 used...so 17.99 after 50%. Also did you have trouble getting it?

To anyone that is having trouble with this: Tell your GameStop employee to read their email regarding this promo.

If that doesn't work, buy the game full price and take it to another GameStop to do a return/rebuy. Then use the old receipt from the first GameStop and leave a negative survey review.

So since most gamestop employees don't know what they are doing, i could coerce one to get me a racing game at 50 % off eh? Mainly GT5

Racing games are included. I got Motorstorm: Apocalypse. Also went to another GS and got Nail'd and Pure

It should work for racing games. Almost bought NFS Hot Pursuit for $8, but they didn't have a case.

Going to a different location tomorrow to pick up Blur as well as NFS.

FYI: Dirt Showdown has $5 flipability. Forsa 4 has $8. Both are $19 after discount.

bread's done
Back